What's new

This oversea Pakistani is tired of sending money to relatives

Agree I tried to get any worker to come do repairs asking astronomical prices for any work done for home repair - cost is rising in western countries

Time has come for Pakistani Generals to take care of their own people or prepare for a response from desperate people tired of the FAUJI ego

I am thinking of stopping all payments to Pakistan for relatives

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away
  • Tell them cut the electricity line

What is a diplomatic approach to tell folks stop asking me for money?

May be for the FAUJI well paid that is not issue but for most people it is
This oversea Pakistani is on verge of , telling his relatives in Pakistani bye bye

Tired of Cousins begging for money

How do I tell my cousins that the FAUJI has f over Pakistan and this is story of all Pakistani homes

What you really need is a mutual understanding of values of hard work, self-sufficiency, thriftiness etc. Financial support should be tied to something meaningful -- kids education, emergency medical expenses, starting a business, willingness to work. It is hard to micromanage folks from abroad.

From what you describe this looks like welfare queens in reverse in Pakistan

Just rising expenses

Only after PDM arrived in 2022 due to Fauji help , people started to ask for money

Otherwise no one asked me for funds

PDM and FAUJ responsible for economic mess

Unless they are too weak, aged or sick to earn a living by their own labor, sending them alms is a sure way to destroy their self-worth and they may eventually hate you for making them parasites instead of forcing them to become self-sufficient.
Hi,

There comes a time in everyone's life---when one choses to over look self worth and become a parasite---or commits suicide---when facing starvation for self and the children.

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away

This oversea Pakistani is on verge of , telling his relatives in Pakistani bye bye

How do I tell my cousins that the FAUJI has f over Pakistan and this is story of all Pakistani homes
Hi,

If you are able and capable then keep helping them as much as you can---.

Allah chose you over the others and gave you a better life---. One must be grateful for Allah's blessings & benevolence---.

I do not know what He saw in me that he bestowed his generosity on me---.

Family comes first in line for charity---.

The other thing they don't realize back home is even for Americans, it's becoming expensive in the States. A simple house selling for $ 300,000 just three years ago is now running almost $ 500,000, and then the bidding starts. That $ 500,000 house could cost nearly $ 600,000, and then you have interest rates from 5.5% to 7.2% now.

The costs of goods and services have gone up significantly here as well.
Bay area is worst hit by taxes , after purchasing a million dollar house taxes are additional .

i sent money to help my brother finish school, now he with me in us

but every time it was fight with wife since we didnt have much money either back then

dont send what is not necessary

i only send help for education and large medical bills

Hi,

There comes a time in everyone's life---when one choses to over look self worth and become a parasite---or commits suicide---when facing starvation for self and the children.

It beats me how able bodied working man faces starvation

Agree I tried to get any worker to come do repairs asking astronomical prices for any work done for home repair - cost is rising in western countries

DIY is the way to go :(

That's purely up to you as an individual and any issue pertaining to relatives wanting money is due to your/their family background/culture. From my observation its a typical Punjabi issue common even across the border.

I'm sending money only to my uncle's widow due to my father's request. The rest of the family I've declined to send a single dollar as I or anybody have no obligation to support them. The issue I've seen is they become dependent on it and do nothing to help themselves.

Your parents help them but nothing of the sort should be done to support extended relatives, especially cousins.

You do not need to lose sleep over them.
I been sending for over 25 years.
Makes their lives easy and 8 am happy for them.
Does not bother me financially.
As far as investment is concerned, I have started buying in Dubai and Morocco.
Can't trust current government of thieves.

If you can help, you should. If not, then don’t. It’s simple.

If you decide to, just remember Allah swt will reward you with more money.

If you care about your family you’ll send them money and help them be self sufficient.
You can send through hundi or via crypto so Pakistani state doesn’t benefit.
But if you don’t care about your relatives you might as well just be open and tell them you won’t send them money.
It’s up to you on how much your willing to help your relatives and how much you care about them.

They are used to to nothing but just opening hands to receive little bit money… like a druggy.

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away

Dear, ground reality is different. Every overseas Pakistani now a days helping atleast one family and some are supporting many families.... ground reality is extremely terrible ......we have no choice to help them...... corruption is destroying us over the period of time ....elite culture is not ready to give up. But average Pakistani who makes less then 30,000 rupees a month ...has no juice in his bone to ask for his rights...

The situation in Pakistan is currently very challenging, and it is expected to worsen, especially in economic terms. Despite earning in Australian Dollars and spending in PKR, which previously helped maintain stability, the prevailing inflation has made survival nearly impossible. The financial strain has reached a point where if a relative seeks a loan or assistance, they are likely in genuine need.
The decision to provide financial support depends on your individual financial circumstances and various factors. If you are unable to send money, an alternative approach could be to assist them in finding remote work opportunities. Many educated individuals in my social circle are engaging in online gigs alongside their regular jobs to earn some extra income, which proves immensely helpful.
Rather than sending money every month, consider helping them secure such gigs. While I understand this may not be the ideal solution, it can be a viable option on a smaller scale.

The situation in Pakistan is currently very challenging, and it is expected to worsen, especially in economic terms. Despite earning in Australian Dollars and spending in PKR, which previously helped maintain stability, the prevailing inflation has made survival nearly impossible. The financial strain has reached a point where if a relative seeks a loan or assistance, they are likely in genuine need.
The decision to provide financial support depends on your individual financial circumstances and various factors. If you are unable to send money, an alternative approach could be to assist them in finding remote work opportunities. Many educated individuals in my social circle are engaging in online gigs alongside their regular jobs to earn some extra income, which proves immensely helpful.
Rather than sending money every month, consider helping them secure such gigs. While I understand this may not be the ideal solution, it can be a viable option on a smaller scale.
Pakistan is import based economy and that is the worst scenario. Specially during Nawaz era, we never setup even single industry. Steel mill which was runing in profit during Musharraf era, slowly shutdown during PPP era and later Nawaz did rest in peace ...a backbone of any countries economy .... Later Pak gave MFN status to China and end up losing the small and cottage industry due to cheap chinese products ..... everyone wants to make money and stack it in foreign accounts ..
But agreed ...teach them to catch the fish ...

Last edited:
Pakatan is import based economy and that is the worst scenario. Specially during Nawaz era, we never setup even single industry. Steel mill which was runing in profit during Musharraf era, slowly shutdown during PPP era and later Nawaz did rest in peace ...a backbone of any countries economy .... Later Pak gave MFA status to China and end up losing the small and cottage industry due to cheap chinese products ..... everyone wants to make money and stack it in foreign accounts ..
But agreed ...teach them to catch the fish ...
We as people cant do shit about this. We all know how Pakistan and people are being pushed into corner by few elites but their is nothing we can do about it.

Back
Top Bottom