Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This oversea Pakistani is tired of sending money to relatives

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away
  • Tell them cut the electricity line

What is a diplomatic approach to tell folks stop asking me for money?

May be for the FAUJI well paid that is not issue but for most people it is
This oversea Pakistani is on verge of , telling his relatives in Pakistani bye bye

Tired of Cousins begging for money

How do I tell my cousins that the FAUJI has f over Pakistan and this is story of all Pakistani homes

If you care about your family you’ll send them money and help them be self sufficient.
You can send through hundi or via crypto so Pakistani state doesn’t benefit.
But if you don’t care about your relatives you might as well just be open and tell them you won’t send them money.
It’s up to you on how much your willing to help your relatives and how much you care about them.

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away

This oversea Pakistani is on verge of , telling his relatives in Pakistani bye bye

How do I tell my cousins that the FAUJI has f over Pakistan and this is story of all Pakistani homes

I'm sending money only to my uncle's widow due to my father's request. The rest of the family I've declined to send a single dollar as I or anybody have no obligation to support them. The issue I've seen is they become dependent on it and do nothing to help themselves.

Your parents help them but nothing of the sort should be done to support extended relatives, especially cousins.

You do not need to lose sleep over them.

From my experience, this kind of free money in long term hurt the relatives. They start expecting money and add that help into thier budget. So after few months they can't survive without it & become lazy
My dad is the oldest, so he gives money to his brothers , and I have seen them go downhill. I never made use of the money given in anything usable.

Easy money is usually used in useless things. Instead of Reducing thier expenditure, they just use this extra money.

ah, here's a whole thing on it:

Hawala or hewala (Arabic: حِوالة ḥawāla, meaning transfer or sometimes trust), originating in Pakistan as havala (Hindi: हवाला), also known as havaleh in Persian,[1] and xawala or xawilaad[2] in Somali, is a popular and informal value transfer system based on the performance and honour of a huge network of money brokers (known as hawaladars).

They operate outside of, or parallel to, traditional banking, financial channels and remittance systems. The system requires a minimum of two hawaladars that take care of the "transaction" without the movement of cash or telegraphic transfer.

While hawaladars are spread throughout the world, they are primarily located in the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Hawala follows Islamic traditions but its use is not limited to Muslims.[3]

17,000 rupee electricity bill ridiculous !!!

This used to be 3000 rupee to 4000 rupee

Guys salary is 34,000

Fauji ka game destroying Pakistani homes

17,000 rupee electricity bill ridiculous !!!

This used to be 3000 rupee to 4000 rupee

Guys salary is 34,000

Fauji ka game destroying Pakistani homes

One of my cousin's electric bills is almost 35,000 Rupees monthly in Lahore.

One of my cousin's electric bills is almost 35,000 Rupees monthly in Lahore.

It also matters what the person's salary is if you make higher salary you can afford bigger bill
But if someone whose income is not proper middle class

Things are piling up now

All of this is happening because FAUJ has a big fat ego !!! and they can't let Civilians run country just like in 1971 they had a ego problem

Just like in 1965 they had ego problem not letting Fatima Jinnah Win Election

What should I do ?

• Block my relatives
  • Tell them go away

Unless they are too weak, aged or sick to earn a living by their own labor, sending them alms is a sure way to destroy their self-worth and they may eventually hate you for making them parasites instead of forcing them to become self-sufficient.

It also matters what the person's salary is if you make higher salary you can afford bigger bill
But if someone whose income is not proper middle class

Things are piling up now

All of this is happening because FAUJ has a big fat ego !!! and they can't let Civilians run country just like in 1971 they had a ego problem

Just like in 1965 they had ego problem not letting Fatima Jinnah Win Election

He's low-mid class income-wise. He was very strict with budgeting, but inflation and increased costs of services have been wrecking him.

At one point, out of jest, I told him to turn the lights off at night when he's bedding his wife. Lol. He used colorful words.

Unless they are too weak, aged or sick to earn a living by their own labor, sending them alms is a sure way to destroy their self-worth and they may eventually hate you for making them parasites instead of forcing them to become self-sufficient.

The one who's healthy and able-bodied to work has no self-worth to destroy when his hands are begging for money they would hate.

Last edited:
made a tough decision, i dont send money anymore..

The other thing they don't realize back home is even for Americans, it's becoming expensive in the States. A simple house selling for $ 300,000 just three years ago is now running almost $ 500,000, and then the bidding starts. That $ 500,000 house could cost nearly $ 600,000, and then you have interest rates from 5.5% to 7.2% now.

The costs of goods and services have gone up significantly here as well.

Back
Top Bottom