What's new

The "X" Rated R & D

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
No, this has nothing to do with the Research and Development scenario, rather more of a Tongue in Cheek debacle. Over a period it has intrigued me as to why in some Indian version of the English dialect, the letter "D" is used in the place of the letter "R". Albeit this is not a common practice but it seems to be exercised in what can be termed as in the wrong place.
Following are two such examples, where the Alphabet "D" has been exercised in place of "R", which if any thing does make you laugh considering the context of the whole sentence.
First one is an old Indian Number while the other is the title of an Indian movie.

Chood Gaye Baalam - Raaj kapoor &Narges

‘Sharafat Chhod Di Maine’

https://memsaabstory.wordpress.com/tag/sharafat-chhod-di-maine/

Last edited by a moderator:
what a dude question, Windjammed....

How many ages hence
Shall this our lofty scene be acted over
In states unborn and accents yet unknown!”

LoL X 550,000 @ ''Sharafat Chhod Di Maine''

Chord gayeh baalummmmmmmmm, video uploader was probably in hurry to upload another song on youtube.

i like those old style songs.....they dont make em like they used to

Seems the supposedly once heart throb is also complaining at some mis-adventure alas, Chood gaye balam. :whistle:

Chord gayeh baalummmmmmmmm, video uploader was probably in hurry to upload another song on youtube.

Nopes, at least half dozen versions appear in the same theme title.

Nopes, at least half dozen versions appear in the same theme title.

mshk6f.jpg

actually what irritates me (i never know why) is when they replace z (zaal) with ''j'' sound

here in DC i lecture hindi speakers all the time....

they must overcome this bastardization of language. Hopefully they would heed to my guidance

actually what irritates me (i never know why) is when they replace z (zaal) with ''j'' sound

they must overcome this bastardization of language

Hindi speakers? You are lecturing Hindi speakers to speak Hindi in Urdu?

May be you should try it with your Bangladeshi brethren first. Moshkora mot koro.

There are certain reasons for using 'D' instead of 'R' in languages because of their Sanskrit (Devnagari) roots. There are two different letters for 'R' and 'D' (pronounce deep 'R'). There is nothing wrong in it as people understand this.

BTW Raj Kapoor and Nargos are two greatest Indian actors and glamours. Still their movies are widely watched by the people. But I like Prithviraj Kapoor most. He was a legend.

Raj-Kapoor.jpg

233664688604.gif

:smitten:

they must overcome this bastardization of language. Hopefully they would heed to my guidance

lollllllllllllzzzzzzz.....

Hindi speakers? You are lecturing Hindi speakers to speak Hindi in Urdu?

May be you should try it with your Bangladeshi brethren first. Moshkora mot koro.

Hi,

you see, i was very kind and diplomatic about it.....but now you are treading on thin ice.

and yes, i am lecturing you.

and i'm telling you for your own good and benefit

There are certain reasons for using 'D' instead of 'R' in languages because of their Sanskrit (Devnagari) roots. There are two different letters for 'R' and 'D' (pronounce deep 'R'). There is nothing wrong in it as people understand this

well i am telling you, from now on you will no longer do it anymore.....;)

Back
Top Bottom