What's new

The Pentagon's new China war plan

I also didn't factor in the radiation from Chinese nukes. How many Americans will survive that?
Depends upon how many nukes hit the US.

As per current statistics, 50 have best chances to do so but not all of them will reach mainland USA because of US defensive systems in place as I pointed out earlier.

And this is to assume, if China survives from the initial nuclear strike from USA, which can be overwhelming in the first place.

We can go through a calculation of urban areas but most Chinese cities in the top 100 are realistically on the scale of 10000-15000 km2 with few exceptions.
Show me some data.

Also, there are 275 cities in USA. And there are 76 in China.

No, China will probably not survive a US nuclear strike but the US is also very unlikely to survive a Chinese nuclear strike.
I see nationalism talking here. Well, I debate using facts and I percieve things from nuetral perspective. Keep in mind that Chinese strategic assets will be also targeted by US forces in case of hostilities to minimize Chinese second strike capability and not just the population centers.

I will reserve my judgement that China cannot ensure MAD with USA with its current nuclear offensive capabilties.

76 cities in china? where did you get that information? there are over 160 cities in china alone with over 1 million+ population and 656 in total

Depends upon how many nukes hit the US.

As per current statistics, 50 have best chances to do so but not all of them will reach mainland USA because of US defensive systems in place as I pointed out earlier. And this is to assume, if China survives from the initial nuclear attack from USA, which will be overwhelming in the first place.

Show me some data.

Also, there are 275 cities in USA. And there are 76 in China.

I see nationalism talking here. Well, I debate using facts and I percieve things from nuetral perspective. Keep in mind that Chinese strategic assets will be also targeted by US forces in case of hostilities to minimize Chinese second strike capability and not just the population centers.

I will reserve my judgement that China cannot ensure MAD with USA with its current nuclear offensive capabilties.

I have backed up every single one of my assertations with links and stats. I don't have unlimited time to go through city areas because I have a day job too, I'm only on here when the machines doing its job and the boss isn't looking. You are actually the one that hasn't looked too deeply into the relevant statistics.

76 cities in china? where did you get that information? there are over 160 cities in china alone with over 1 million+ population and 656 in total
Depends upon what you consider as cities in the first place.

Also, if so many cities in China are densely populated; just do the math of potential casualities, if all of these are targeted and US can do this.

Depends upon what you consider as cities in the first place.

Also, if so many cities in China are densely populated; just do the math of potential casualities, if all of these are targeted and US can do this.

no sh*t sherlock holmes there will be huge causalities. but china wont be the only one suffering it. and i really dont think nuking each country to death is the war plan -_-

and stop sticking your tongue up in the us butt. a lot of countries today are more than a match for the us. even tiny vietnam had them running like scared dogs. nukes are 20th century. there are nano weapons being developed now which targets specific genome of your dna. now thats scary.

no sh*t sherlock holmes there will be huge causalities. but china wont be the only one suffering it. and i really dont think nuking each country to death is the war plan -_-
You think that war between China and USA can remain conventional? If yes, US still has the advantage.

and stop sticking your tongue up the us butt. a lot of countries today are more than a match for the us. even tiny vietnam had them running like scared dogs. nukes are 20th century. there are nano weapons being developed now which targets specific genome of your dna. now thats scary.
Really? Mind your language first.

And it depends upon how much firepower US brings in to subdue a nation. Thus far, they decided to win in Iraq and they did. Also, this is 21st century and not 1960s. The power projection of US in 1991 stunned Chinese military officials. Want me to provide source?

I understand that you guys have aspirations of becoming a global power. However, you guys are still at the 'emerging' phase. Once you will become one, I will gladly accept the realities of that time. However, it is not a fun job I assure you because sooner or later you will be resented of just being a superpower. Till then, stick to FACTS at hand.

^ the reality is obvious. your lips are stuck to the butt of the us. in your theoretical nuclear war between china and us the us will go down with china. in a conventional war, the us doesn't stand a chance if they try to invade china. and all this is based on if US attacks China. china have no intentions of attacking the us.

unlike other pakistanis i bet you love the us running around in your country

^ the reality is obvious. your lips are stuck to the butt of the us.
No. I keep a nuetral perspective. I don't favor any side.

As of yet, USA is the most powerful nation in the world. If you think otherwise, it is your personal opinion.

in your theoretical nuclear war between china and us the us will go down with china.
With just 50 nukes? Their is no guarantee that all of them can hit mainland USA. I have mentioned the reasons.

in a conventional war, the us doesn't stand a chance if they try to invade china. and all this is based on if US attacks China. china have no intentions of attacking the us.
Debatable.

However, you have a point regarding occupation. China is too big to subdue within few days. US military will mostly use its air power to bomb the hell out of resistance, if they go in to such a big country.

I doubt that US forces will try to overrun every city or they can actually do that. At maximum, they may occupy most important regions.

No. I like to give them reality check too. I do not underestimate my enemies.

We underestimated the Indians and they split us in to two.

^ the reality is obvious. your lips are stuck to the butt of the us. in your theoretical nuclear war between china and us the us will go down with china. in a conventional war, the us doesn't stand a chance if they try to invade china. and all this is based on if US attacks China. china have no intentions of attacking the us.

Buddy, Legend is correct.

We have to be as realistic as possible. It is extremely dangerous to underestimate our rivals, especially ones as powerful as the USA.

Even a dying superpower, is several orders of magnitude more powerful than a great power.

@legend

"No. I keep a nuetral perspective. I don't favor any side."
but your lips is all up and down the us asscheeks

"As of yet, USA is the most powerful nation in the world. If you think otherwise, it is your personal opinion."
and yet they retreated from vietnam, failed in north korea, about to retreat in afganistan. not my opinion, just looking at historical facts.

"With just 50 nukes? Their is no guarantee that all of them can hit mainland USA. I have provided the reasons. "
1st china has 76 cities, now they have 50 nukes. what other statistics can you pull out your asscrack?

"Debatable."
nothing isn't

"No. I like to give them reality check too. I do not underestimate my enemies."
no. you overestimate them. which isn't a bad thing, but you can't do it to one side and not the other.

Buddy, Legend is correct.

We have to be as realistic as possible. It is extremely dangerous to underestimate our rivals, especially ones as powerful as the USA.

Even a dying superpower, is several orders of magnitude more powerful than the next best thing.

I have provided the relevant information. A nuclear strike on the US assuming even a 20% interception rate would cripple them considering that 1 of our bombs (3.3 mt) has the explosive power of 6 of theirs (500 kt); despite the relationship between killing power and explosive power not being linear 3.3 megatons is still enough to destroy a NYC sized city. That's assuming a 0% interception rate on our side too; even a 10% effective system would severly reduce the US's power to attack us. The US will not only suffer massive loss of life and industry (>60% and 80%) it will also, unsurprisingly, lose the 75% of its GDP that comes from services (since no one will bank in the US after it gets nuked).

We also hold South Korea and Japan hostage with IRBMs so if the US attacks us we can nuke them, and they know it; they will pressure the US to not nuke because if the US nukes us it will be the end of the Korean and Japanese races.

I have provided the relevant information. A nuclear strike on the US assuming even a 20% interception rate would cripple them considering that 1 of our bombs (3.3 mt) has the explosive power of 6 of theirs (500 kt); despite the relationship between killing power and explosive power not being linear 3.3 megatons is still enough to destroy a NYC sized city. That's assuming a 0% interception rate on our side too; even a 10% effective system would severly reduce the US's power to attack us. The US will not only suffer massive loss of life and industry (>60% and 80%) it will also, unsurprisingly, lose the 75% of its GDP that comes from services (since no one will bank in the US after it gets nuked).

We also hold South Korea and Japan hostage with IRBMs so if the US attacks us we can nuke them, and they know it; they will pressure the US to not nuke because if the US nukes us it will be the end of the Korean and Japanese races.

You're right. Even a few of our 3 megaton weapons on their major cities, can already shut them down the entire US economy. Even today, they are already on the verge of recession, with 0.8% GDP growth.

However, we are already strong enough to resist an American invasion, we have been able to do this since 1950.

The current global status quo, is 100% in our favour. We get stronger as time goes on, while America gets weaker.

If we can buy 10-20 years to develop our economy and our military capabilities, then we will be strong enough to win without fighting.

You're right. Even a few of our 3 megaton weapons on their major cities, can already shut them down the entire US economy. Even today they are on the verge of recession, with 0.7% GDP growth.

However, we are already strong enough to resist an American invasion, we have been able to do this since 1950.

The current global status quo, is 100% in our favour. We get stronger as time goes on, while America gets weaker.

If we can buy 10-20 years to develop our economy and our military capabilities, then we will be strong enough to win without fighting.

A few isn't enough. They can rebuild. But even with a 20% interception rate they're still losing their top 30 cities.

I can't even count 30 cities in the US with a population over 500,000, so you can imagine how painful it will be for the US if they try nuking us.

The best way is 10 years of peace, but just remember, you don't choose war, war chooses you; those who choose war, live by the sword and die by the sword.

The best way is 10 years of peace, but just remember, you don't choose war, war chooses you; those who choose war, live by the sword and die by the sword.

I agree with you 100%. :cheers:

America is scared to fight anyone with nukes. Their American lifestyle is far too comfortable, to lose tens of millions of their own people.

And they are weakening every year that passes.

Back
Top Bottom