What's new

The Most Powerful Army That You've Never Heard Of

The subtile trolling is poor.

The GCC has experienced a rapid growth and a building boom not seen in many other places in the history of mankind outside of maybe what is going on in China now and what happened in the Wild West when the first settlers arrived. Or the "New World" in general. At a extremely quick rate moreover.

Obviously in small countries such as Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE with very small populations (especially 100-50 years back) the locals needed help like any other country in a similar situation to make that jump. It's completely natural.

You have totally misunderstood the core of how GCC societies work. Most people respect the monarchies because the societies are rich, stable, there is a social net on certain fronts better than the one seen in top welfare states in Scandinavia and people are not even paying taxes. They are very much pampered. Especially in countries such as Kuwait, Qatar and UAE. Look at the GDP per capita of those countries. They are the richest in the world.

Moreover the monarchies rule mostly under Islamic law or are influenced greatly by it which the vast majority of the locals like as they are practicing Muslims.

Now you tell me why people should rebel? No reason for that other than wanting more political rights which is an ongoing process and the new generation also demands this by large. The societies are also very young. 66% or so are under the age of 40.

People have loyalties to their countries. Not rulers who come and go. For someone that has apparently lived in KSA for years (maybe ages ago) it is shocking that you seem not to understand those basics.

If you are doubtful then ask all the other users from the GCC here and they will tell you the same.

Self-reliance is also a natural process and is ongoing and there is nothing wrong with this either. Nor will this be stopped by butthurt foreigners.

The small GCC states are the most powerful compared to their size and populations in the world outside of states such as Singapore. That's a fact and this obviously bothers a lot of people. Instead of praising the correct steps that countries like UAE have taken and their growth on all fronts we have people here who are crying or trolling. As expected anyway.

10 million big UAE has a bigger economy than 80 million big Iran across the Gulf despite the later having more natural resources and despite UAE being on a self-imposed sanction regime of their own due to some stupid rules. Most evident in KSA of all GCC states. That's just facts.

Your entire post has done little to address the issue of a mercenary military and only reaffirms what I said. The local population is used to not working hard and hence needed to be brought up to speed. All you wish to do and continue to do is talk on a feel good self appeasing tone and abuse those that question that whilst hypocritically complaining about those that abuse you in return for your attitude.

:lol:

Nice strong and convincing arguments. The air force of UAE alone would deal with ISIS before they would even be able to appear near the UAE borders. The UAE air force already bombed ISIS in the recent air campaigns.

I suggest that you worry about all the huge problems that are engulfing India.
Dont worry about India...we know we have a long way to go..guess what it is getting there....As for the bolded part(Above)...read again...You could not have done it without US (Logistics/Support)....when you do it by yourself, we can discuss that.

By the way I was not even trying to convince you or anyone...Just stating the fact without wasting anyone's time....On a serious note...I hope the underlined part is true and wish UAE the very best in taking these scums out for good.

Has UAE fought any major land wars?

Apart from piecemeal deployments within the GCC and general "attendance" mini deployments against Iraq.. NONE.

I dont think pre-union tribal skirmishes count.

Dont worry about India...we know we have a long way to go..guess what it is getting there....As for the bolded part(Above)...read again...You could not have done it without US (Logistics/Support)....when you do it by yourself, we can discuss that.

By the way I was not even trying to convince you or anyone...Just stating the fact without wasting anyone's time....On a serious note...I hope the underlined part is true and wish UAE the very best in taking these scums out for good.

Why don't you tell us why UAE could not deal with ISIS instead of trolling?

Your entire post has done little to address the issue of a mercenary military and only reaffirms what I said. The local population is used to not working hard and hence needed to be brought up to speed. All you wish to do and continue to do is talk on a feel good self appeasing tone and abuse those that question that whilst hypocritically complaining about those that abuse you in return for your attitude.

Mercenary military is not a topic worth discussing anymore in the case of UAE is it when they just adopted compulsory military service? So the question is, what are you talking about here? No, what I wrote to you are basic facts. What I wrote is there for all to see. I have written what I wanted to write on that topic.

@Oscar

You are very welcome to ban me. As long as the rules are applied in a similar fashion. Leaving obvious troll posts and not deleting them and then wondering why I am replying to them (after reporting those posts without there being any action taken) is asking for much.

When I ask other senior members of the moderation team (read Webby and the Admin and practically every other moderator) to deal with such trolling from the usual suspects they are doing it not because I say so (LOL) but because I am actually right most of the time if not always whenever I ask moderators to deal with trolling. Otherwise they would not be doing it….

Also don't blame me for getting a biased impression of you (based on dozens of posts by you) when it comes to Arabs.

P.S: Nor were I the one that started the trolling or insults. In fact I posted an interesting thread to have a interesting discussion in a section that is otherwise relatively troll-free. Yet I am to blame apparently.

I am a frank person. Speaking my opinion and not sugarcoating anything when it comes to opinions. I like people who act similarly. That they have a different opinion than me does not matter here.

The rules are applied in a similar fashion. Just dont complain about it when you find yourself in violation then.

The rules are applied in a similar fashion. Just dont complain about it when you find yourself in violation then.

I have rightly complained about two bans. One of them was even removed by Webby if I recall. That's all. My points still stand.

Mercenary military is not a topic worth discussing anymore in the case of UAE is it when they just adopted compulsory military service? So the question is, what are you talking about here? No, what I wrote to you are basic facts. What I wrote is there for all to see. I have written what I wanted to write on that topic.

Absolutely it is and was. You seem to have a rather short memory. The mercenary military is what certain states in the GCC used to have. It became a problem when it was realized that not enough good local grown leadership and training assets were available and hence the SHIFT was taken this past two decades(give or take) to bring in more localized military leadership and more importantly training standards.

And .. the UAE is part of the GCC.

Why don't you tell us why UAE could not deal with ISIS instead of trolling?
Chief!...Pick one line out and tell me where I trolled..Did I say even one bad word about UAE or the Arab world..Yes I did say something about who the real masters of the Arabs were..That i agree was trolling..that too only because you disrespected a Nation/Ehinicity...I apologize for that. I dont troll buddy....Coming back to the question why UAE would not be able to deal with ISIS by themselves without any help is because, I dont think even the US can without the help of the Arab world. ISIS does not belong to any country its a cult..thats why I said that....Hope its clear now.

Absolutely it is and was. You seem to have a rather short memory. The mercenary military is what certain states in the GCC used to have. It became a problem when it was realized that not enough good local grown leadership and training assets were available and hence the SHIFT was taken this past two decades(give or take) to bring in more localized military leadership and more importantly training standards.

And .. the UAE is part of the GCC.

Define mercenary army. Give examples. I am not interested in events that took place 20 years ago (read Gulf War) as we live in a different reality now. They are as relevant in this matter as when we Arabs ruled half of the known world for centuries.

None of what you are writing in the most recent posts of yours have I ever disputed. In fact I wrote a rather long post where I stated that the industrialization (ongoing) and subsequent self-reliance has been a ongoing process and will be and the military is no exception.

Talking about mercenary forces without being specific in the context of the UAE today is misplaced.

Chief!...Pick one line out and tell me where I trolled..Did I say even one bad word about UAE or the Arab world..Yes I did say something about who the real masters of the Arabs were..That i agree was trolling..that too only because you disrespected a Nation/Ehinicity...I apologize for that. I dont troll buddy....Coming back to the question why UAE would not be able to deal with ISIS by themselves without any help is because, I dont think even the US can without the help of the Arab world. ISIS does not belong to any country its a cult..thats why I said that....Hope its clear now.

No, I did not. I only referred specially to the trolls among the Indian gang that tried to destroy my informative thread. I even discussed this with an Indian. @PlanetWarrior . You need to reread this thread obviously. Nor am I interested in any discussion about that. It's closed for my part.

Define mercenary army. Give examples. I am not interested in events that took place 20 years ago (read Gulf War) as we live in a different reality now. They are as relevant in this matter as when we Arabs ruled half of the known world for centuries.

None of what you are writing in the most recent posts of yours have I ever disputed. In fact I wrote a rather long post where I stated that the industrialization (ongoing) and subsequent self-reliance has been a ongoing process and will be and the military is no exception.

Talking about mercenary forces without being specific in the context of the UAE today is misplaced.

If you are not interested in those events THEN DONT REPLY Habibi. But you do NOT own this thread or the discussions on it regarding the UAE military and its rise.

The mercenary deployments figure in the use of fighting troops/ trainers and leadership from nations/sources outside the state in question. Today's state of the UAE military DIRECTLY figures from the presence of these elements within it in the past and the UAE leadership's efforts to reduce the dependence on it.

If you do not wish to discuss that, then dont reply to me. Its that simple, but I WILL discuss it because it remains within the confines of the topic's history.

If you are not interested in those events THEN DONT REPLY Habibi. But you do NOT own this thread or the discussions on it regarding the UAE military and its rise.

The mercenary deployments figure in the use of fighting troops/ trainers and leadership from nations/sources outside the state in question. Today's state of the UAE military DIRECTLY figures from the presence of these elements within it in the past and the UAE leadership's efforts to reduce the dependence on it.

If you do not wish to discuss that, then dont reply to me. Its that simple, but I WILL discuss it because it remains within the confines of the topic's history.

I am not interested in the Gulf War as this happened 25 years ago and we are living in a entirely different reality. Hence my comparison to it being as useful to talk about as when we Arabs ruled the whole world.

You omitted my questions.

Having advisers and close cooperation with allies has nothing to do with mercenaries. The UAE is conducting drills with the most capable armies in the world and shares experiences with them. A mercenary force would be if the entire UAE army outside of a few generals was composed of foreigners which is not the case.

Also let me once again state the limitations of UAE in terms of population which many people seem incapable of understanding.

It gets even more absurd to speak about that nonsense when UAE "just" introduced compulsory military service for all males between the age of 18-30.

Speaking about the self-reliance part then this is once again an ongoing process for the UAE just like about every other country on the planet and I agree with what you have written as I touched upon this myself and always have when it was the topic.

I am not interested in the Gulf War as this happened 25 years ago and we are living in a entirely different reality. Hence my comparison to it being as useful to talk about as when we Arabs ruled the whole world.

You omitted my questions.

Having advisers and close cooperation with allies has nothing to do with mercenaries. The UAE is conducting drills with the most capable armies in the world and shares experiences with them. A mercenary force would be if the entire UAE army outside of a few generals was composed of foreigners which is not the case.

It gets even more absurd to speak about that nonsense when UAE "just" introduced compulsory military service for all males between the age of 18-30.

Speaking about the self-reliance part then this is once again an ongoing process for the UAE just like about every other country on the planet.

You may not be interested... and it matter little to ANY other member what your interest is. Do you understand that clearly?
Ive already told you, you have no compulsion to reply to me or discuss this avenue with me.

Advisers and close co-operation was preceded by mercenary troops, officer and pilots.. and yes the history of the UAE military has absolute relevance to where it stands today and every other person except your own self is willing to look into it. If you dont want to, dont reply and talk about it. Coming up with nonsensical excuses to somehow end this line of discussion is not going to stop it.

You may not be interested... and it matter little to ANY other member what your interest is. Do you understand that clearly?
Ive already told you, you have no compulsion to reply to me or discuss this avenue with me.

Advisers and close co-operation was preceded by mercenary troops, officer and pilots.. and yes the history of the UAE military has absolute relevance to where it stands today and every other person except your own self is willing to look into it. If you dont want to, dont reply and talk about it. Coming up with nonsensical excuses to somehow end this line of discussion is not going to stop it.

Why are you shouting? I have not told you to do anything. You are the one telling me what to do. I am just disagreeing with your claim. That's all. I argued why that is. You can agree or disagree.

I already looked into it and today it plays a minimal role.

Why are you shouting? I have not told you to do anything. You are the one telling me what to do. I am just disagreeing with your claim. That's all. I argued why that is. You can agree or disagree.

I already looked into it and today it plays a minimal role.

And I disagree with your looking into it. Plain and simple..

Back
Top Bottom