Again I think there are two concepts here:

1. Where we are -- which is what you have written about
2. Where we are going -- which is what I have written about
CPEC will not address:
a. Population growth
b. Lack of school children enrollment
c. Religiosity
d. Lack of development of modern agriculture methods

For example a lot of Indians Bash Nehru -- but his investment in IITs has paid off handsomely -- Pakistan could have done the same except Pakistani elite deliberately used Student Politics for petty purposes leading to immense damage to higher education.

Consider this simple fact -- Even during the Cold war when Pakistan was a member of CETO and SENTO: American universities (including MIT) were paired with different IITs -- one reason that to this day there is a dominance of IIT students admitted to MIT (disproportional to their merit) -- the Indians got world class universities -- Pakistani generals managed to get some rusty tanks.

If Pakistanis has some foresight they would have paired every UET with a leading American Engineering University -- Americans would have been more than willing -- had this foundation been set in the 1950s and 1960s there would be many startups in Silicon valley that have Pakistan co-founders.

We already have our share of world class universities like NUST , GIK , UET , lums , IBA , Quad e azam all are in QS top 700. Pakistan is one of the few Muslim countries to have alot of universities in rankings.

As for what we are doing , Pakistan in 2016 is in its best shape in more than a decade. We are improving in Indexes like Human Habitat , Poverty , logistics. Currently have the best performing stock exchange in Asia , FDI is increasing , Economy is growing at an 8 year high. Pakistan has a very bright future ahead.

View attachment 328278

View attachment 328279
img.jpg

Well I didn't want rub it against the face of many laughing at AF in olympics so I didn't mention this guy winning a medal last time but still this year AF had a poor showing and in greater scheme we can do better.

The listen here is that we as a region have our priorities in the wrong place and need to think pan region.

I didn't check the medal tally you idiot -- keep your accusation to yourself you punk.
You didn't check the medal tally, that's make it worse.
And I didn't make an accusation, since u wrote it.
I already answer this in the other thread. but let me paste some statistics

India: 1.2 billion 1 Bronze,
Israel: Intellectual Powerhouse -- zero medals?

And if you read the article the Author is observant enough to point those things out.
@waz this guy thinks cursing is allowed in here

South Asian countries generally do very bad in Olympics, I don't know what's the reason, but even by rules of coincidence, from every 1 million people, there should be at least one good athlete. Maybe because these countries don't invest at all in any sports.

Unfair to pick on Pakistan given how horribly all of South Asia has fared. There are 1.7 billion people in the region and only two medal to show it for, and not one of them a gold.

Sure. But how do you explain Pakistanis (atleast that quraishi guy and the trolls on here) picking on India for getting just 2 medals - a number which is mathematically speaking 'infinitely' more than their own achievement?

Sure. But how do you explain Pakistanis (atleast that quraishi guy and the trolls on here) picking on India for getting just 2 medals - a number which is mathematically speaking 'infinitely' more than their own achievement?

Who is this Quraishi you are talking about? Is it Ahmed Quraishi?

You didn't check the medal tally, that's make it worse.
And I didn't make an accusation, since u wrote it.

@waz this guy thinks cursing is allowed in here

you're the one who accused me of lying you fcuking idiot? -- every heard the concept of benefit of doubt?

What a fcuktard!

Well I didn't want rub it against the face of many laughing at AF in olympics so I didn't mention this guy winning a medal last time but still this year AF had a poor showing and in greater scheme we can do better.

The listen here is that we as a region have our priorities in the wrong place and need to think pan region.

this is a statistically insignificant event -- Olympics is about systems, winning systems not flukes.

The problem is precisely that you think this amounts to anything.

Uh, because of the waves of Bharatis making petty comments about our contingent and proudly comparing it to their own? We decided to have our own laugh when this mighty Indian contingent only succeeded in securing 2 medals.

Here are the reasons why;

1. Rubbish cricket.
2. Rubbish cricket.
3. Rubbish cricket.
4. Can't be bothered.
5. No funds for sports.

The nation is obsessed by cricket.Anyone who is anyone with athletic ability is channeled straight into cricket. Why the hell would you send men in the 6ft 4 region into cricket, when you could have them boxing, wrestling etc? Where they will not only be earning medals, but far more money in the professional ranks after.
Pakistan is also run by thieves on so many levels and the money is wasted on everything but sporting talent. There is virtually no infrastructure around.
Many Pakistanis themselves cannot be bothered either, sitting on Facebook all day long, or looking for kuriyan at the mall sounds like a far better proposition, rather than sweating it out in a sporting discipline.
Some sports require very little funding, I mean how much does it cost for wrestling mats? For crying out loud Iran is right next door, why don't you send your men to train with them? Look at their success in wrestling!!What about weightlifting, that's also cost effective, and Pakistan has had success with it in the past.
Sticking with the issue of funding, many poor countries e.g. Uzbekistan did very well.

It's just plain pathetic and sad, I just can't believe the greatest wrestler that ever lived, The Great Gamma came from the region. It's also insulting to the legacy of people like Mohammed bashir and Syed Hussian Shah, men who won medals in very hard disciplines, and yes, they also faced similar problems of funding, and lack of facilities.

Here are the reasons why;

1. Rubbish cricket.
2. Rubbish cricket.
3. Rubbish cricket.
4. Can't be bothered.
5. No funds for sports.

The nation is obsessed by cricket.Anyone who is anyone with athletic ability is channeled straight into cricket. Why the hell would you send men in the 6ft 4 region into cricket, when you could have them boxing, wrestling etc? Where they will not only be earning medals, but far more money in the professional ranks after.
Pakistan is also run by thieves on so many levels and the money is wasted on everything but sporting talent. There is virtually no infrastructure around.
Many Pakistanis themselves cannot be bothered either, sitting on Facebook all day long, or looking for kuriyan at the mall sounds like a far better proposition, rather than sweating it out in a sporting discipline.
Some sports require very little funding, I mean how much does it cost for wrestling mats? For crying out loud Iran is right next door, why don't you send your men to train with them? Look at their success in wrestling!!What about weightlifting, that's also cost effective, and Pakistan has had success with it in the past.
Sticking with the issue of funding, many poor countries e.g. Uzbekistan did very well.

It's just plain pathetic and sad, I just can't believe the greatest wrestler that ever lived, The Great Gamma came from the region. It's also insulting to the legacy of people like Mohammed bashir and Syed Hussian Shah, men who won medals in very hard disciplines, and yes, they also faced similar problems of funding, and lack of facilities.

I also think this thread does not belong in the Afghanistan secant -- perhaps there is a better place for this thread.

Thanks.

Uh, because of the waves of Bharatis making petty comments about our contingent and proudly comparing it to their own? We decided to have our own laugh when this mighty Indian contingent only succeeded in securing 2 medals.

You do realize that even to make a "mighty" contingent, you need your athletes to qualify?

India sent a 'mighty' contingent because they all qualified - it was not a quota given to India based on her population.

Was India's performance pathetic? Of course, it was. But Pakistan should be the last country to make fun of India - not when it failed to get a single medal and India got 2. Certainly not when a single Pakistani athlete failed to qualify for Olympics.

@Topic Pakistan is not just the largest country without medals, it is also the largest country not to have a single athlete that qualified.

Wild cards don't count!

Was India's performance pathetic? Of course, it was. But Pakistan should be the last country to make fun of India - not when it failed to get a single medal and India got 2. Certainly not when a single Pakistani athlete failed to qualify for Olympics.

Like I said, we only replied to you folks in the petty language you were speaking. It's interesting how you choose to forget the slumdog leers and taunts Bharatis were giving us after our own Olympic debacle. It was only natural for us to laugh at the Olympic failures of the shupa pawa wildly pumping its #56inchbreast for it's record contingent and mocking its neighbour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom