What's new

The Largest Country Without Medals in Rio: Pakistan

Frankly speaking, the two medals that India won should be celebrated by all in the subcontinent/SAARC.

At the end of the day we all have the same culture, problems and attitude...
Why even it is shameful for all SAARC countries because India send large number of athletes and result was so poor.

How many afgans got ?
Gold Medal in Charas smoking contest, continuous champs since 5 decades.

Why even it is shameful for all SAARC countries because India send large number of athletes and result was so poor.

Gold Medal in Charas smoking contest, continuous champs since 5 decades.
And holding the glory of there forefathers name quome samood

India sent a huge contingent because these athletes qualified. I would have been angrier if the government prevented them from participating.

These athletes spend all their energies to reach this goal. For most part these people win medals despite the lack of support rather than due to the support.

Though What I am angry about is the lack of support to get athletes move to the next level and win medals. What can you expect when even basic necessities are overlooked like the one below.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/rio...isha-suffer-through-the-marathon-2970238.html

I am not agreed to this part if all qualified and selection done on merit then result would be much different.

Of course there is nepotism and corruption in sports like all other disciplines...

Well the IT investment has 99.9% been "following" (already developed stuff) rather than "trend-setting" (i.e top level RnD). The latter has only somewhat started now and will take 10+ years or so to produce real results at the highest tiers that turing award and others concern.

There has been an Indian-American co-awardee: Raj Reddy in 1994 for A.I developments.
You guys are on the right path, the investment in IITs are going to soon pay their dividends and props to Raj Reddy.

Frankly speaking, the two medals that India won should be celebrated by all in the subcontinent/SAARC.

At the end of the day we all have the same culture, problems and attitude...
I wished jat fighter Vijender luck in 08 and 12.He seems like a good guy and was an excellent amateur pugilist, one of the best in the world in the middleweight class, though if some Indian bangla was fighting I doubt I would be interested that is why I highlighted your latter comment.Kudos

I wished jat fighter Vijender luck in 08 and 12.He seems like a good guy and was an excellent amateur pugilist, one of the best in the world in the middleweight class, though if some Indian bangla was fighting I doubt I would be interested that is why I highlighted your latter comment.Kudos

Yes he was good but turned professional now hence cannot participate in the Olympics.

In the 80s I used to regularly watch the Jahangir Khan vs Jansher Khan matches. The problem with subcontinent is we do have institutions to continue the trend and support the sports. It is all left to the individual athletes.

I am not agreed to this part if all qualified and selection done on merit then result would be much different.

You could not participate in Olympics without qualifying, unless you are selected as wild card which is basically khairat done to countries in whose case no one qualifies. No question on merit here.

Yes he was good but turned professional now hence cannot participate in the Olympics.

In the 80s I used to regularly watch the Jahangir Khan vs Jansher Khan matches. The problem with subcontinent is we do have institutions to continue the trend and support the sports. It is all left to the individual athletes.
Indeed no real porting culture except for cricket and even then facilities are lacking........... the khans were fantastic

What you call them doesn't define them. And that's my point; these are geographical groupings made for convenience or to further political agendas - nothing's set in stone.

It's not for Indians to decide whether a Pashtun is West Asian or South Asian. There's really no substantial link that somehow makes them closer to a Tamil than to an Anatolian. And maybe vice versa.
Brother you have got a lot of knowledge ,wisdom and logical thinking..I am so fortunate to have met you.

Side effects of neglecting the real needs of Pakistan and running the country as a security state are ought to have consequences in bigger scheme of things.

All is not well as the Gernals would want you to believe.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-medals-olympics-rio/496616/?utm_source=atltw

@pakistani342 : tagged you here, prolly its better in a dedicated thread here.
Your post is childish and hilarious. We are doing great in cricket and we never did well in other supports not because we are security state but because Games were never priorty of any Government and secondly corruption so in your blind hatred try to still talk sense

Back
Top Bottom