What's new

The KAI FA-50 is JF-17's true competitor (and threat)

What you've established is that while the F/A-50 will ultimately remain as a lightweight fighter (remember, Korea has another program, KFX, in the pipeline they'll want to push for export), the JF-17 is inching towards being more of a medium weight system.

The Block-III may ultimately be as much of a jump for JF-17 as Gripen NG was for the C/D, and we can owe this point to the realities faced by the PAF.

This inherently makes the JF-17 a vital project, not a neat export focused project (like F/A-50). As Block-III indicates, the PAF has every intention of making the JF-17 a more serious asset, it just has to (no other choice when you really think about it).

Correction: Light Multirole Fighter

FA-50 is going to get upgrades, conformal fuel tanks, aerial refueling, head-mounted display, CFT, large area and head up displays and AESA which KAI will produce, these upgrades and implementations will be comparably large as JF-17 Block II to Block III.

By looks of it, South Korea will invest a lot in FA-50 which is much cheaper than KF-16...

As I said before, JF-17 Block II cost/price is $30 to $35 million in 2011 while FA-50 is $30 million in 2012, though FA-50 is two seater compared to single seater JF-17's.

When F-50 is developed and introduced, it will likely be more competitive than JF-17.

Nice catch but lets get real. JF17 is a 4thGen plane. Nothing more than it.

Hehehe I know yaar that was just an itsy bitsy nothing :D.

:o: what is this and what is your point :what:

Ajeeb koi aik number kay chutia aadmi ho tum BC line cross kernay ki kiya zerorat thi Ban ho gaye na Dhakkan ...
Bhai koi point nahin hai Yeh aisy appear hua mairay cell phone per :D ...

Hehehe I know yaar that was just an itsy bitsy nothing :D.

Ajeeb koi aik number kay chutia aadmi ho tum BC line cross kernay ki kiya zerorat thi Ban ho gaye na Dhakkan ...
Bhai koi point nahin hai Yeh aisy appear hua mairay cell phone per :D ...
I hope Guru Dhatt is banned forever now. :D

Which country is more advanced in technology and industries? S.Korea or Pakistan?

who cares about FA-50 but well even if we forget DSI what is interesting is that article for the first time clearli states that ELM-2032 has a tracking range 150Km for a 5m2 RCS target (alleged RCS of JF-17 loaded with 4 AtA missiles and a external feul tank) and since we also have the same on Tejas hence prooved tejas too has the same tracking range which busts pakistani fanboys claim that tejas has a tracking range of 80 km while there JF-17 has a range of 130Km for 5m2 target meaning a tejas can shoot and scoot on a PAF fighter even before it is able to launch its missiles against tejas :dance3:

tejas radome size will be higher, so number units should also be higher,

What is its range and is it less Fly by Wire ? Also I like to know about its composites use .

Yeman

haath se kaam chala lainge yaar kuch din jub tak Guru waapis nahiin aajata. :D

Nahin yaar jubsay Poland say wapis aaya hoon BC woh maza nahin raha qasam say ... Haye kiya yaad dila diya zalim :cray::cray::cray::cray:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom