What's new

The JF-17 is a truly remarkable plane

Super manoeuvrability is about much more than just the Cobra manoeuvre which, as you say, is little more than a crowd pleaser at air shows and isn't all that useful in real life combat scenarios.
The advent of BVR has even neutralised that to a great extent, during an exercise based on the BVR scenario, the subject , was picking up the larger more manoeuvrable opponent before the smaller JF-17 was detected, by that time, it had launched weapon and broke off. !!

if that make u feel happy then so be it, but that is not reality, all upgraded ones can carry all avionics what 52+ have only few things will be carried in PODs when needed.
Vintage aircrafts you are having with little upgradation. No match with the sofastication we have. You people even call jf17 as 4th generation

Don't just spout of what you want to believe- provide me with specifics where the Blk.52s are superior to the IAF's MiG-29UPGs and Mirage 2000-5 Mk.2s or the IN's MiG-29K/KUBs. You're the only one putting out fan boy logic out there.

Wow all the jets mention are recently upgraded or getting through upgrade (Mirage) ... I'm following the thread as a guest now ... It will be good one . Bye :p

The advent of BVR has even neutralised that to a great extent, during an exercise based on the BVR scenario, the subject , was picking up the larger more manoeuvrable opponent before the smaller JF-17 was detected, by that time, it had launched weapon and broke off. !!
I think the scenario you have outlined is too simplistic and narrowly-focused. What you say can be true in a very limited scenario but the real world is much more complex and one hasn't even factored in EW, Jammers, passive detection systems, availability of Airborne surveillance systems, data linking with other assets etc etc. The advent of BVR is a game changer to some extent but that doesn't mean the days of WVR dogfights are over for good- far from it. The last time an AF thought that they ended up building a plane without a canon and being torn up over the skies of Vietnam!

Don't compare apples with oranges mate, your post shows you don't know about capabilities of PAF's F-16 previously and now, also Mig-25 could have brought down with SAMs but Govt. don't show balls to do that, also Mig-25 is not operational with IAF and it was just a surveillance jet.
no pak doesn't have anything to bring down foxbat that time...

Pak Super 7 - prototype FC-1
6536029b213db8d441a627e9e919535d.jpg

In my oppinion Pak shoud use Russian Glonas NAV not american GPS.
963ede4b7bfbbdb99889a7876515bbd4.jpg

JF-17 ВВС Пакистана JF-17 Pakistan AF
11b56de735410c8ff6d963d91aec45e4.jpg

e5ddb959eda9f9ebbcd63a81c375088d.jpg

Last edited:
IAF don't have any plane other then MKI superior to what current F-16 have, they can handle your IN Mig-29 too specially the 52+. They are purchased with equipment as per threat they have to face, do you think PAF did not know what they will be facing?? just pure fan boy stuff.

how many block 52s do you have ? 15-16 ? 30-40 ?

we have 100 operational flankers man, men training over them for more than a decade, providing training on flankers to others...you know that is not 100 block 52 fanboy stuff.

And unlike others, it's a combat tested and decisively proven platform as well. !!

Well, M2ks are well tested in Lybia, Mali, Afganistan now at Iraq.
Su-27 platforms saw conflicts in Georgia, Eritria conflicts.

I buy that claim .... But , give me one country where the Jf-17 will not face Russians Jets ?

Jordan, Lebanon, Srilanka and some African countries.

how many block 52s do you have ? 15-16 ? 30-40 ?

we have 100 operational flankers man, men training over them for more than a decade, providing training on flankers to others...you know that is not 100 block 52 fanboy stuff.

At least 18 block 52 with an option for purchasing 18 more.

Older block F-16 have also undergone MLU bringing them some what close to block 52.

In all around 75 F-16's.

Jordan, Lebanon, Srilanka and some African countries.

At least 18 block 52 with an option for purchasing 18 more.

Older block F-16 have also undergone MLU bringing them some what close to block 52.

In all around 75 F-16's.

basically 18 as of now, right ? that's too less...that is in case of a war these f16s would likely to be shielded from IAF rather than spearhead an attack. any tangle with the flanker or the m2k in its new avatar, the picture isn't rosy my friend.

JF-17 is much better craft over F-18 trashcan. Strange how American F18 these days easy falling down in Pacific ocean in peace times. Do you think what will be under fire of ultra long distance S-500 system missiles !! I bet old good «Бук-МБ» will doing a job with old trashcan.

ЗРК «Бук-МБ» - SA-11 «Gadfly»
2e0e2ccf391d7424b8a4a0a72433e1b5.jpg

ПКР-270 «Москит» (SS-N-22 Sunburn) in action - exclusive drone strike footage

Last edited:
thunder is no doubt a remarkable plane . and will be a game changer for Paf in future

You do not own SU-30. You bought them by paying to Russia. SU-30 is a Russian product and you can not resell it to third party without Russian approval. India has not financed SU-30 project.

We are 50% partner in the JF-17 program and hence can sell it to any country we want. Revenue and profit shall be shared 50-50 between China and Pakistan. Even if China sells JF-17 we shall earn 50%.
--
read indias role in su30mki devleopme more you will change your pov
--
how many countirs you exported
name one

Back
Top Bottom