What's new

The J-10s are coming ...in months

This means we are not getting F-16s. Wow all these years we waited as usual for nothing, In the end we are getting no F-16s.
Sir what about the ones that were getting MLUs? Are we going to get those or should we say goodbye to them as well?

Ahh well, it seems PAF is going to be a made in China airforce.:tsk::tsk::tsk:

IceCold;sir
a serious gentlemen like you & thoughts like these?:cry:
its better to be, a made in China airforce, thn looking like beggers , i guss, again if , there are some strings attached , with getting any westrn platform.:tsk:

the strings , which can harm our national intersts, i guss its better to be a made in China airforce.:tup::agree:

IceCold;sir
a serious gentlemen like you & thoughts like these?:cry:
its better to be, a made in China airforce, thn looking like beggers , i guss, again if , there are some strings attached , with getting any westrn platform.:tsk:

the strings , which can harm our national intersts, i guss its better to be a made in China airforce.:tup::agree:

Not really! we are making the same mistake we made in the 50s when we joined the american club and every thing was american. Too much dependency is bad for health. We need to realize this reality before we become beggars again and this time in the eyes of China.

:pakistan::yahoo::chilli:
A fine artists impression of the J-10 in PAF colors. :smitten:

4a33c212f277363a614775a379e176ec.jpg

Awesome

Not really! we are making the same mistake we made in the 50s when we joined the american club and every thing was american. Too much dependency is bad for health. We need to realize this reality before we become beggars again and this time in the eyes of China.
May be you are right. However, I see things a little different here. While dealing with Yanks, we never attempted to collaborate on making fighters or any kind of Jets or anything else. Even though, that was a good time to take advantage of the Us 'friendship'. Or may be we tried, but they turned our request down. With China, on the other hand, we went ahead and got ourselves involved into several joint ventures. This kind of relationship is different and more productive than the one we had with the Yanks.

May be you are right. However, I see things a little different here. While dealing with Yanks, we never attempted to collaborate on making fighters or any kind of Jets or anything else. Even though, that was a good time to take advantage of the Us 'friendship'. Or may be we tried, but they turned our request down. With China, on the other hand, we went ahead and got ourselves involved into several joint ventures. This kind of relationship is different and more productive than the one we had with the Yanks.

It has to do ith what infrastructure you have at hand. In the 50s and 60s Pakistan never had the capacity to take on lane manufacturing. Also our planners also were so far sighted that instead of imbarking on a project to build a steel Mill in the 50 when we had a budget excess, we blew it on importing fancy cars. As you na see corruption is not new to our country!!!.One of the reasons we had to stop in '65 war was that we did not even manufacture our own arsenal. All the factories that yousee today were built in the seventies.
WaSalam
Araz

It has to do ith what infrastructure you have at hand. In the 50s and 60s Pakistan never had the capacity to take on lane manufacturing. Also our planners also were so far sighted that instead of imbarking on a project to build a steel Mill in the 50 when we had a budget excess, we blew it on importing fancy cars. As you na see corruption is not new to our country!!!.One of the reasons we had to stop in '65 war was that we did not even manufacture our own arsenal. All the factories that yousee today were built in the seventies.
WaSalam
Araz

Quite true!

We must not forget that even when the Gripen was offered with ToT, we did not opt for it....mainly because our aviation sector could not handle it at that point.

Now with the industrial setup and aviation base and experience we will get from the JF-17, InshaAllah in the coming years we would be more capable of handling much more complex technology and even start in-house products.

Quite true!

We must not forget that even when the Gripen was offered with ToT, we did not opt for it....mainly because our aviation sector could not handle it at that point.

Now with the industrial setup and aviation base and experience we will get from the JF-17, InshaAllah in the coming years we would be more capable of handling much more complex technology and even start in-house products.

No I don't agree my step son flew Gripen for 1 month. Everything was going ok when PAF realised that the engine in it will give us problems later if uncle sams says no. Than we end up exactly like the F-16s.

i still feel some gripen should be buyed to replace mirage III in our airforce

around 20 to 30 would be do great for our PAF and im sure they are not too expansive and they are cheaper than F 16 which we are buying

Last edited by a moderator:
yes too much dependance in killing!!

we should try to make the PAF multi dimensional, indeginious projects, together with some chines and TURKISH deals is the best option for me!!

for me we should also give up the MLU and try to persuade thr Turkish for heavy upgradations, we may even get hand on some of there F16 IF THE US ALLOWS as the turkish will soon be inducting the modren F35z!!

No I don't agree my step son flew Gripen for 1 month. Everything was going ok when PAF realised that the engine in it will give us problems later if uncle sams says no. Than we end up exactly like the F-16s.

cancellation of tech transfer talks for gripen with saab and go for f-16 was a political decision and was forced by americans

i still feel some gripen should be buyed to replace mirage III in our airforce

around 20 to 30 would be do great for our PAF and im sure they are not too expansive and they are cheaper than F 16 which we are buying

& i love to see , raptor even 4 or 5 in PAF colours?:rofl:
but this could be my , deram & thats all!:hitwall::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom