What's new

The J-10s are coming ...in months

I read whole the discussion but I havent got answers of following questions

There is no exact news n date abt J-10 delivieries?
Wt abt f-16 MLU status?
When Pakistan is reciving F-16 Block 50+ from USA? or they r not ?
Will Pakisatn also go for Eurofighter, Gripen, Dassault Rafale, J11B ?

I read whole the discussion but I havent got answers of following questions

There is no exact news n date abt J-10 delivieries?
Wt abt f-16 MLU status?
When Pakistan is reciving F-16 Block 50+ from USA? or they r not ?
Will Pakisatn also go for Eurofighter, Gripen, Dassault Rafale, J11B ?

1. Wait for the news to be formally announced. Senior members with reliable sources have mentioned end of this year or early next year.

2. MLU is currently going on on some PAF aircrafts. I don't know much perhaps some can shed a light. You should check the sticky F-16 thread for more news on that

3. ACM had said in an earlier interview that they would start arriving in early 2010. Again look at the F-16 thread or search the video on youtube

4. No its will not. JF-17 + F-16 + FC-20 (J-10) fulfills PAF's requirement

J 10 will even surpasess the F 16 in capability trems in future and we also should stop relying on F 16 F 16 bloch 52 is nothing in front of

SU 35 SU 37 rafale Eurofighter J 10

F 16 is old now and we should go and move forward not like moving one step forward and going 5 steps backward PAF suffered alot by buying Second hand stuff we need to buy latest and good fighter jets from here on no F 16 and Mirages paf should rely on

I do not think that JF17 and certainly block52 are not good enough. If you fight unballanced war then ou still need years of boycot and mass mnipulation. In India Pak conflict we can be sure that F7p and the old mig21 are good enough. It is a bridge to far when we think that EF2000/Rafale/F35/F22 will make the difference. Nuclear deterrent makes the equatation totally different.

1. Wait for the news to be formally announced. Senior members with reliable sources have mentioned end of this year or early next year.

2. MLU is currently going on on some PAF aircrafts. I don't know much perhaps some can shed a light. You should check the sticky F-16 thread for more news on that

3. ACM had said in an earlier interview that they would start arriving in early 2010. Again look at the F-16 thread or search the video on youtube

4. No its will not. JF-17 + F-16 + FC-20 (J-10) fulfills PAF's requirement

thanks, can you describe point no. 2!

what about the MLU, what are we getting for the MLU and then why the turkish upgrades! i mean why two different upgrade packages from two different parties.

as far as i have come to know the MLU ie the mid life upgrade is only a fine tunning of the plane, it will repair the airframe the old avionics and the engine! i mean it will not anything to enhance the technology of the plane, it will only increase the life of these old aircrafts!!

while it will be the turkish upgrades that will turn them into something like the Block 50!!

can anyone add to it or let me know if this is the case!!

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html

this link might help u understand the MLUs. but we r not getting anything new done from the TURKS....they will just assemble the US kits onto the fighters but in turkey....the reason we are getting it done from them is because they have the assembly line and we don't.

our block 15/20 f16s would endup and around block40 specs.. after the initial jets, other would be done in turkey... perhaps it was more psycologicaly preferred thing.. as paf doesnt know whats going on within the jets during the upgrade.

block 52 deal might be halted at the moment...

4j10 will be inducted later this year.

how is j10 better then block52? on the basis of aesa?

to match indian
light mrca
lca/mirage2000
mid
f18
heavy
su30
5th gen
pakfa..

paf needs
jf17-
f16/j10
rafale?su37?
jxx/f35?

''?'' are speculative options

Last edited:
our block 15/20 f16s would endup and around block40 specs.. after the initial jets, other would be done in turkey... perhaps it was more psycologicaly preferred thing.. as paf doesnt know whats going on within the jets during the upgrade.

block 52 deal might be halted at the moment...

4j10 will be inducted later this year.

how is j10 better then block52? on the basis of aesa?

to match indian
light mrca
lca/mirage2000
mid
f18
heavy
su30
5th gen
pakfa..

paf needs
jf17-
f16/j10
rafale?su37?
jxx/f35?

''?'' are speculative options

J-11B was cloned for a reason. once the airframe can be replaced with a Chinese design like all other components, it will be no direct link to the Su-27 anymore. I thus believe you will see a new fighter counter India's Su-30 in the future.

The main difference? more reliable supplies, Russians won't work 24 hours a day to build fighters for India, but we Chinese will do this for Pakistan when it comes the cutting edge.

J-11B was cloned for a reason. once the airframe can be replaced with a Chinese design like all other components, it will be no direct link to the Su-27 anymore. I thus believe you will see a new fighter counter India's Su-30 in the future.

The main difference? more reliable supplies, Russians won't work 24 hours a day to build fighters for India, but we Chinese will do this for Pakistan when it comes the cutting edge.

Thanks a lot my dear friend for suuch great love for pakistan.
We r really proud of Chinese Friendship n Its our heartly pray that May ALLAH this friendship live long
LOVE CHINA:china:
LOVE PAKISTAN:pakistan:

Chinese openly admitted that J-10 is not the current best Chinese fighter in the following video (in English):

then the question is which one is the best? here you go:

J-11B

look at the blue AAM missile on the above web, it is PL-12. Russian made Su-27/30 is just not compatible to fire it and thus such photos of Su-27 like fighters effectively confirmed the J-11B fitted with Chinese engines/PL-12 AAMs/better radar is now in active service.

in a few years, once the airframe can be replaced (we have good experience from the joint JF-17 project, J-10/FBC-1) with a better Chinese design, then there will be no more restriction on its exports.

time for India's Su-30 to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Really Brother i don't have any words to say thank you. You have left me speechless.

We Pakistanis Honor Chinese Friendship From the Core of our Hearts.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

We will Just Love to See Chinese Jets in PAF's Arsenal.

Chinese openly admitted that J-10 is not the current best Chinese fighter

That is the current J-10, not the J-10B and certainly not the FC-20 (if we assume the FC-20 will be an improved J-10B).

Also, the J-10 may not be China's "best" jet, but it is certainly their most versatile and capable. Let me explain.

The J-10 is to China was the F-16 is to the Americans. The J-11B is China's "best" jet just as the F-15 is the USAF's "best" jet. Despite this, the USAF is more heavily reliant on the multi-role F-16 than the role-specific F-15 or F-15E because, as I have said before, it is their most versatile jet, i.e., it is capable of accomplishing more missions of variable types (in other words, it is their backbone).

Edit: If the J-11 can truly be brought up to Su-30MKI levels (as you claim), it will be a tremendous achievement and Pakistan will almost certainly order a few.

now J11 have several types, one or two of them in mass-produce,
more different type of J11 will be known to the public in several years
but the most impormant is that the newest fight(not J11 or J10) will soon to test fly
this is affirmative.

Hi to all

My question is this what are the hurdels for Pakistan in buying J-11 Chinnese versions of jets if they make their own Engine and fitted in it then what's the problem in exporting to Pakistan If Pakistan try to buy it in future ?

i don't understand why are we crying so much for the J-11B's we are not getting them period...besides we rather spend money on research and development of J10s we are more used to agile single engined fighters like rthe mirages and the F-16s so let's stick to that.

Back
Top Bottom