What's new

The J-10s are coming ...in months

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't know if this will be possible for you to answer here, but two quick questions

1. Are the 4 J-10B you are referring to the twin-seater version or the much rumored super-10?

2. Any word on the engines?

Are they looking for US style sale and gurantee?

I can smell the anti Pakistan attitude in this person. Why so much intrest if you post on Chinese forum that they will be downgraded?

I can smell the anti Pakistan attitude in this person. Why so much intrest if you post on Chinese forum that they will be downgraded?

Excuse me?

I am no one to judge your patriotism and you shouldn't be judging mine.

Also, please go again through my post again...you completely misunderstood/ misinterpreted what I was saying.

We will have a complete SDQ of J-10A and 4 J-10B by April next year. We should get the first 4 in December this year. Again these things are not like cars you order them and get them, There are many things which play role few might expedite them and a few might delay them. China may be our best friend but they are very careful making such deals.

Thank you for bringing us this information sir! We appreciate it very much.
I would like you to confirm that by J-10B, you mean the dual-seat fighter/trainer variant of J-10A? If so, this variant is actually referred to as J-10S according to sinodefence website. :)

Dear sir. If you take a look at the "JF-17 has edge over LCA: Pak officials" thread, you will find that Mr mean_bird has been vehemently defending JF-17 against Indian lies that LCA is a "superior stealthy fighter" - he is not anti-Pakistan, I assure you. Just check his posts please.

Last edited:
Dear sir. If you take a look at the "JF-17 has edge over LCA: Pak officials" thread, you will find that Mr mean_bird has been vehemently defending JF-17 against Indian lies that LCA is a "superior stealthy fighter" - he is not anti-Pakistan, I assure you. Just check his posts please.

I do not see reason why you thanked him. Anyway, if you go to CFM you have to enter - aviation - J10 topic... Just read his biassed post... There are enough people that post here positive things but if you follow their post on other forums (it makes it easy if they use the same nickname) Then you would be able to understand their hidden agenda...

He talks about degraded J10 to PAF... Why is he asking here info if he is so sure about his other posts? I am not subjective or Pakistan lover. If that hurts you him then it is not my problem... Just count the number of his posts on both forum...

For those that can not find it...
>>>

mean_bird

Re: New J-10 Thread III
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphuang
saw a posting on pakdef about Pakistan getting J-10 this year. Not too surprising I suppose with the entire Pakistan/Indian situation getting really serious now. Although the part that I don't get is China allowing non-Chinese suppliers of radar going on J-10, I personally don't think that will happen, but we will see. Frankly, with Pakistani economy tanking and only China offering soft loans, China should be holding all the cards here.
True if China wills, it could probably force the PAF to buy all Chinese material on it. However, apart from the financial aspect (which is very important in any deal regardless of friendship, etc) won't be the only factor. Strategic interest, mutual regard and long-term relationship would also come to play.

I don't see why China would like to choke something down PAF's throat if they aren't willing just because they have the upper bargaining hand ....but that's to assume that PAF are looking for western avionics in the first place which hasn't been confirmed yet.

We certainly do not know at this stage whether they will be western or Chinese avionics and what China has to offer. Maybe the best Chinese stuff isn't on offer and the next best one doesn't fulfill PAF's requirement.

Btw, anyone can confirm this news from the Chinese side?

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't know if this will be possible for you to answer here, but two quick questions

1. Are the 4 J-10B you are referring to the twin-seater version or the much rumored super-10?

2. Any word on the engines?

Are they looking for US style sale and gurantee?

A/B usually is a single and dual seater classification. Upgraded batches get a different letter ascribed to them.

There are enough people that post here positive things but if you follow their post on other forums (it makes it easy if they use the same nickname) Then you would be able to understand their hidden agenda...

I am glad you did not say CIA funded Zionist with a hidden anti-Islam/anti-Pakistan agenda...that seems to be the next hip thing to accuse someone you don't like.

He talks about degraded J10 to PAF... Why is he asking here info if he is so sure about his other posts? I am not subjective or Pakistan lover. If that hurts you him then it is not my problem... Just count the number of his posts on both forum...

I talk about western avionics for PAF J-10. I asked you to read gain instead of start calling me names. Internet flame war is the last thing I would do here. If you still have something, please contact an admin and let them decide.

And please don't try to pass Tphuang's words as mine. Your post doesn't differentiate which are his words and which are mine making it sound as if I said the part bolded, which I didn't.

For those that can not find it...
>>>

mean_bird

Re: New J-10 Thread III
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphuang
saw a posting on pakdef about Pakistan getting J-10 this year. Not too surprising I suppose with the entire Pakistan/Indian situation getting really serious now. Although the part that I don't get is China allowing non-Chinese suppliers of radar going on J-10, I personally don't think that will happen, but we will see. Frankly, with Pakistani economy tanking and only China offering soft loans, China should be holding all the cards here.

True if China wills, it could probably force the PAF to buy all Chinese material on it. However, apart from the financial aspect (which is very important in any deal regardless of friendship, etc) won't be the only factor. Strategic interest, mutual regard and long-term relationship would also come to play.

I don't see why China would like to choke something down PAF's throat if they aren't willing just because they have the upper bargaining hand ....but that's to assume that PAF are looking for western avionics in the first place which hasn't been confirmed yet.

We certainly do not know at this stage whether they will be western or Chinese avionics and what China has to offer. Maybe the best Chinese stuff isn't on offer and the next best one doesn't fulfill PAF's requirement.

I am wish to start derailing this thread, but If you decided to post it let me get the thing corrected instead of trying to mislead.

This is Tphuang's post

and this (below) are my words

Gentlemen,

Please refrain from making further personal attacks inorder not to derail the topic.
I suggest you both exchange pm's to sort things out.

Further off topic or personal comments will be deleted.
Neo

A/B usually is a single and dual seater classification. Upgraded batches get a different letter ascribed to them.

Good thing about the Dual B is that its like F-16 both pilots have the same amount of space. Ask Xmen what happens to the GIBS on a FT-5 and FT-6. There comes a time when you really feel like chocking your student because you are the GIBS and its very uncomfortable.
I have had the privelage of flying with chuck yeager in 71 in a T-33 and John fricker in a FT-6 1980, I put John as a GIBS and after taking off I told him the plane is all yours, John had never seen or flown the F-6 version he pulled up and just realised that we are at 38,000ft, Well he was pretty impressed with the Dual seater of F-6 but was a little uncomfortable because of less space.
I always say a Reo is a must in a dog fight instead of a wing man. Dual seater gives you an extra pair of eyes. PAF planes to have a OCU which will have B version or in other words Dual-seater. And 1 more SQD of a Single seater. After establihing these than they will decide if they want more. From what I have heard F-16/B52 deal just went south so tata to block-52. Which means more J-10s to compensate the shortage.

Problem with the Chinese is that they designate A and S for single and dual seater, respectively...and then B for the new block (where we would say C) and then BS for the twin-seater (for us is D).

Last edited:
Good thing about the Dual B is that its like F-16 both pilots have the same amount of space. Ask Xmen what happens to the GIBS on a FT-5 and FT-6. There comes a time when you really feel like chocking your student because you are the GIBS and its very uncomfortable.
I have had the privelage of flying with chuck yeager in 71 in a T-33 and John fricker in a FT-6 1980, I put John as a GIBS and after taking off I told him the plane is all yours, John had never seen or flown the F-6 version he pulled up and just realised that we are at 38,000ft, Well he was pretty impressed with the Dual seater of F-6 but was a little uncomfortable because of less space.
I always say a Reo is a must in a dog fight instead of a wing man. Dual seater gives you an extra pair of eyes. PAF planes to have a OCU which will have B version or in other words Dual-seater. And 1 more SQD of a Single seater. After establihing these than they will decide if they want more. From what I have heard F-16/B52 deal just went south so tata to block-52. Which means more J-10s to compensate the shortage.

Thats really bad news, i was really hoping to see more falcons in PAF colours. But what amazes me is why the US would cancel the F16's, they need us more than ever.

From what I have heard F-16/B52 deal just went south so tata to block-52. Which means more J-10s to compensate the shortage.

What happened? Did US cancel the deal or we just changed our mind? Please throw some more light. Thanks

I don't think that is correct, sir. According to SinoDefence.com - China Defence and Security Database:

"The two-seater J-10S fighter-trainer is identical to the single-seater variant in performance and avionic configuration, but has its forward fuselage stretched to accommodate a second pilot seat. Two pilots sit in tandem in the two-seat cockpit with one single large bubble canopy. An enlarged dorsal spine accommodates additional..." (J-10 article)

"There has been speculation that Shenyang is currently developing a two-seater version of the J-11B, possibly designated J-11BS. The aircraft was said to be similar to the Su-27UBK fighter-trainer, but fitted with Chinese-made powerplant, avionics, and weapon suite." (J-11 article)

EDIT: sorry Mark, just read your post.

I don't think that is correct, sir. According to SinoDefence.com - China Defence and Security Database:

"The two-seater J-10S fighter-trainer is identical to the single-seater variant in performance and avionic configuration, but has its forward fuselage stretched to accommodate a second pilot seat. Two pilots sit in tandem in the two-seat cockpit with one single large bubble canopy. An enlarged dorsal spine accommodates additional..." (J-10 article)

"There has been speculation that Shenyang is currently developing a two-seater version of the J-11B, possibly designated J-11BS. The aircraft was said to be similar to the Su-27UBK fighter-trainer, but fitted with Chinese-made powerplant, avionics, and weapon suite." (J-11 article)

EDIT: sorry Mark, just read your post.

Chinese and Pakistani designations are different. We stick to the A/B terminology as is the case with most western Air Forces. Chinese may designate it differently, but when in PAF service, our designation for the aircraft will be fairly straight forward.

President Zardari to finalize the purchase Fc-20 for PAF

President Asif Ali Zardari has left Pakistan on a four-day visit to China today. During this visit to china he will explore avenues for cooperation with China in the fields of energy and agriculture resources. An 11-member delegation will accompany Zardari. President Zardari will hold talks with the Chinese counterpart about the acquisition of two squadrons of Fc-20 fighter jets which are customized version of Chinese J-10 jets on easy terms in the first phase of cooperation. Pakistan air force has an eventual requirement of five squadrons of Fc-20.

These fighter jets from china will be powered by the Russian AL-31 turbojet engine with thrust vectoring technology. First of these jets will land within one year on the agreement on final aspects of technology and finances.Fc-20 will serve as frontline fighter jet equipped with AESA radar, advance BVRAAM and WVRAAM for PAF to counter Indian Su-30MKI.

Back
Top Bottom