What's new

The eventual success of The Legend of Maula Jatt may be a story on its own`

This movie is an insult to Punjabis. Lashari should go **** himself for even comparing this to the original.

This movie is like pirates of the Caribbean and whoever wrote the dialogs is a chuttiya.

I'm almost ready to walk out
Nasir adeeb wrote it with input from lashari but thier accents are f-ed up from what I have heard

Nasir adeeb wrote it with input from lashari but thier accents are f-ed up from what I have heard

It's so bad. I'm in a theater packed with karanchiites and they probably think Punjabi people are actually this retarded.

The accents are bad but the dialogs are even worse.

This movie is like they are literally trying to make fun of Punjabi people.

The only people that may like it are whites as it gives off a Disney pirates of the Caribbean vibe.

Mahira khan looks like a koora chukan Wali. Only reason I'm not walking out is because I paid... lol

Everything about it is so fake.

I won't watch it now

Watch it without the expectations you're having for it and you should be fine.

Ignore the fugly punjabi being spoken.

Actions scenes were good.

I feel like I wasted money and time personally.

They could have made this so movie so good but the direction they took...

It's like watching Pakistani cricket team lose a winning match...

Watch it without the expectations you're having for it and you should be fine.

Ignore the fugly punjabi being spoken.

Actions scenes were good.

I feel like I wasted money and time personally.

They could have made this so movie so good but the direction they took...

It's like watching Pakistani cricket team lose a winning match...
I don't know why so many people can't look past some of the Punjabi. The movie was objectively great, with some of the dialogue, and action being world-class. Most of the acting was also top-class.

I won't watch it now
Watch it for yourself and form your own opinion on it first. If nothing else, you'll at least be entertained by the action. This is easily the best Pakistani movie ever made.

I don't know why so many people can't look past some of the Punjabi. The movie was objectively great, with some of the dialogue, and action being world-class. Most of the acting was also top-class.

Watch it for yourself and form your own opinion on it first. If nothing else, you'll at least be entertained by the action. This is easily the best Pakistani movie ever made.

Because the Punjabi was so bad and incorrectly spoken. The sets looked so fake. The village houses fake.

For real Punjabis like me that grew up in rural Punjab it defeats the atmosphere and immersion.

Hamza and humaima did a better job than fawad and mahira but not by that much.

They made Punjabi people out to look like animals. It was blatantly offensive.

Because the Punjabi was so bad and incorrectly spoken. The sets looked so fake. The village houses fake.

For real Punjabis like me that grew up in rural Punjab it defeats the atmosphere and immersion.

Hamza and humaima did a better job than fawad and mahira but not by that much.

They made Punjabi people out to look like animals. It was blatantly offensive.
The Punjabi was passable, I don't see a massive problem with it although I do agree that Mahira did a poor job. The director has already said that "The Legend of Maula Jatt" is a fantasy movie and it's not based on real people.

Why would you expect a fantasy movie to be like real life? The characters are exaggerated to make the movie more entertaining.

No one actually believes that Punjabi people go around killing people with a massive axe. It's just a movie and it's made to entertain people which it successfully did.

The Punjabi was passable, I don't see a massive problem with it although I do agree that Mahira did a poor job. The director has already said that "The Legend of Maula Jatt" is a fantasy movie and it's not based on real people.

Why would you expect a fantasy movie to be like real life? The characters are exaggerated to make the movie more entertaining.

No one actually believes that Punjabi people go around killing people with a massive axe. It's just a movie and it's made to entertain people which it successfully did.

I didn’t have a problem with the axe.

I had a problem with some characters going into the village and demanding to fock people’s daughters, sister’s and ect.

Good luck trying that anywhere in rural Punjab. Even a mussali will cave your skull in for that.

Delivery of the dialogues was awful. The Punjabi was so bad in the case of fawad and mahira that they were just blending sentences together and using the wrong words.

I went in to the film like, I don’t need subtitles I’m Punjabi . After 15 minutes into the movie, I was like thank god they had subtitles. There were literally parts of the film where I had no idea what the **** mahira khan was saying... :lol:

Last edited:

I had a problem with some characters going into the village and demanding to fock people’s daughters, sister’s and ect.

Good luck trying that anywhere in rural Punjab. Even a mussali will cave your skull in for that.

Delivery of the dialogues was awful. The Punjabi was so bad in the case of fawad and mahira that they were just blending sentences together and using the wrong words.

I went in to the film like, I don’t need subtitles I’m Punjabi . After 15 minutes into the movie, I was like thank god they had subtitles. There were literally parts of the film where I had no idea what the **** mahira khan was saying... :lol:
I understand why you were uncomfortable with some of the stuff in the movie, believe me I was too but you have to remember that's what the world was like in the era this movie is depicting.

The whole "demanding to fock people’s daughters, sisters and etc" thing was very real in every society in the world back in the day and on top of that, the original Maula Jatt also depicted stuff like that.

The purpose of that stuff is to make you dislike some of the characters and add a shock factor to the movie. Did you notice how something was always happening in the movie and there were never long boring dialogues? One of the reasons for that is the shock factor. They'll slow down the story for a little bit only to show something outrageous out of nowhere.

One thing is for sure though, the international audience will love this movie if it hits an OTT platform like Netflix. That would be good for Pakistani cinema in the long run.

What were you expecting? Punjabi Wakanda

Of majestic sets and intricate costumes: Creating the realm of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt'​

Designer Fahad Hussyn is spilling the beans on what went on behind the scenes

Entertainment Desk
October 14, 2022

maula1665732849-0.jpg

Pakistani cinema's grandest offer, The Legend of Maula Jatt, has been released after a decade-long wait. There's a lot of blood and sweat that went into the making of Bilal Lashari's magnum opus. Touted as the most expensive project in the Pakistani film industry, The Legend of Maula Jatt is set in the fantastical land of Punjab, with crucial attention to detail.

From larger-than-life sets to impeccable costume designs, the crew behind The Legend of Maula Jatt was just as imperative as the cast to breathe life into Lashari's lifelong dream. Now, designer Fahad Hussyn is spilling the beans on what went on behind the scenes.

"The Legend of Maula Jatt is not a film, it’s a trajectory, thanks to the vision of Bilal Lashari and the generous production of Ammara Hikmat and Asad J Khan," the couturier shared on Instagram. "This project housed, nurtured and provided artists an opportunity to show the world that we have the talent, we just need to be trusted with it."

He went on to add, "It was truly an honour to be a part of this project and today I want to thank all the special people I saw working day and night, jumping hoops to make all this happen!"

Adding how proud he is of the fruition of tiring days, Hussyn shared, "I’m extremely proud to have shared this historic moment in Pakistani cinema with you. In these hard times, we all need a good sense of belonging. So this is it, Maula Jutt belongs to all of us. Please go watch and support your people and your industry. We earned it hard and square!"

Commending the hardworking team, Hussyn added, "Here’s to the people behind this masterpiece; Sameer Shami is the most hardworking Assistant Director in the industry, the most organised person who kept us all on schedule. Namsa Abbasi and Hamza Bajwa, who brought the production to life, were often found just living on set to get things right, the backdrops, sets and accessories designed for every character breathed life into the story."

He further shared, "Maram and Aabroo and their team’s commitment to this project towards creating flawless hair and makeup looks, matching continuity down to immaculate details, SFX makeup, bloodwork and the wear and tear for action. My wardrobe teams! that kept up with my crazy production demands and finishes, learned and dyed things on set for me! Hira and Maya, your hard work will always inspire me. My assistants who kept up with my details for the lead costumes for the entire span of the film, the clothes, accessories, shoes, and turbans including the on-set assistance, Saima, Beenish, Usman, Nauman and Sana everyone on the team this film truly belongs to you."

Previously, in an interview with The Express Tribune Lashari sang praises of his set designers, Abbasi, Bajwa, Maram and Aabroo with Assistant director, Shami and alongside costume designers, Hussyn and Zara Shahjahan.

"Everyone did so much research for the sets, for costumes from the 16th century Punjab. A lot of times, we would realise that it's not us but Hollywood who has been copying us! They have all these references which they took from us. But because we haven't explored [our potential], it feels as though we are taking ideas from them. In reality, it all comes back to the East, the land of Maula Jatt," he had said.

A reboot of Yunus Malik’s 1979 cult classic Maula Jatt, the film is a re-telling of the story of the rivalry between Maula Jatt and Noori Natt. Directed by Lashari, The Legend of Maula Jatt stars Khan, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Mahira Khan, Humaima Malick, Mirza Gohar Rasheed, Faris Shafi, Ali Azmat, Nayyer Ejaz, Shafqat Cheema, Raheela Agha, Zia Khan and Saima Baloch.

eddie-murphy-excuse-me.gif

Bilal Lashari needs to shut the faak up.

Original MJ is superior to this remake film with actors that can’t even speak Punjabi.

The actors in original MJ are legends that didn’t have to rely on cheap gimmicks like special effects to make the film a classic. They were of another caliber.

ya but in today's world, no one gives a shit to Punjabi actors and their so-called super duper dialogs... the world is changed.. the new gen and audience need special effects in the movie else your movie will be fuckedup.... accept it or not!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom