What's new

Looking for good obscure/unknown films.

Fish

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So, I have a lot of free time on my hands nowadays, and I'm thinking about watching films and whatnot to pass the time.

But the thing is, I'm not at all interested in popular films like... I dunno, John D!ck or Fast XXIV or whatever. "Mainstream" films don't interest me because - let's face it - they cater to the average audience, and their plots tend to be far too predictable. Hence, I go out of my way to find 'hidden gems' that no one talks about.

For example, I recently watched a film called Frozen. No, not that "Frozen," but this "Frozen":

It's a film about a bunch of teenagers who get stranded on a chairlift. Granted, the premise doesn't sound too exciting, but the film might surprise you. It certainly surprised me. It's impressive how well it painted human nature and our natural instinct for survival. I was practically glued to my seat throughout the entire film, which was surprising because I suffer from Asperger's (ASD) + ADHD and tend to watch films in intervals.

I won't tell you more 'cause spoilers, but I think it's well worth a watch.

In any case, tell me about your favorite unknown and obscure films. It would be nice if you could also describe the basic premise without spoilers. I'll consider everything, even so-called "foreign" films, i.e., non-English films, as long as I can find English subtitles for them, that is!

Back
Top Bottom