What's new

‘The EU cannot defend Europe’: NATO chief

LOL of course it cannot. Have you seen the state of the Euro lately? The Europeans are a sacrificial lamb of the Americans. They happily offer their heads at the altar.
Yes true. We are helpless, defenseless. Hooligans, rapists coming. Now time to take arms into our hands, send kids into bunkers.

People are first realizing this now.. I said this before the war that EU is very weak and not use to this wear and tear style of wars nowadays. The population can't handle it properly. The Americans, France, Turkey and UK are the only players who can defend Europe via NATO and if you remove these 4 basically Russia rolls into the entirety of Europe without being opposed because there is no force or resistance that can withstand them if you remove these 4 cards from the table.. Hence these NATO players is Europe militarily without them it is basically a widowed wife living in a woodland forest house alone by herself
Italy, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Baltic states, Romania... Soon Finland and Sweden, all have higher quality armies than Russia, all Russia has is numbers, and this advantage crumbles when Europe unites.

Yes true. We are helpless, defenseless. Hooligans, rapists coming. Now time to take arms into our hands, send kids into bunkers.

Who is we? You are not even a European.

Italy, Spain, Poland, Netherlands, Baltic states, Romania... Soon Finland and Sweden, all have higher quality armies than Russia, all Russia has is numbers, and this advantage crumbles when Europe unites.

Sure. That is why they stood idle and supplied weapons to Ukraine instead of sending their armies to fight... You can pretend that you are united and tough. We can see the cracks bud.

Ukraine currently has the biggest army in Europe, of course it cannot. Probably it is also the second, or third strongest in Europe after US, Turkey, and possibly Greece.

Nobody really uses helis in this war to hunt armour, too much shorad on both sides.

EU NATO members don't really have its fixed wing force fitted for armour hunting.

They can drop few guided bombs from high above on well known targets, from few planes with targeting pods, but not really hang for long in the AO.

US does have good fixed wing anti-armour capability because they can do high altitude bombing against armour with their superior weapon stocks, SEAD capability, number of planes, EW capability, intel capacity to designate targets, and best sensors.
Spike NLOS outranges all anti helicopter air defenses Russia has and allows its helicopters to launch missiles from cover.

Israel, Turkey, Azerbaijan easily destroyed Russian air defenses like Pantsir , TOR M2, BUK and S-300. Israeli electronic warfare is very effective against Russian air defenses so I'm sure NATO has them as well.

F-35s would wipe out Russian air defenses in no time.

Again, Ukraine has shown that there's no need for helicopter launched ATGMs, they're only using ground launched ones.
Same would happen in the EU.

Sure. That is why they stood idle and supplied weapons to Ukraine instead of sending their armies to fight... You can pretend that you are united and tough. We can see the cracks bud.
There are tens of thousands of international volunteers in Ukraine lol, Russia is angry at that, why are they not doing anything?

Spike NLOS outranges all anti helicopter air defenses Russia has and allows its helicopters to launch missiles from cover.

Israel, Turkey, Azerbaijan easily destroyed Russian air defenses like Pantsir , TOR M2, BUK and S-300. Israeli electronic warfare is very effective against Russian air defenses so I'm sure NATO has them as well.

F-35s would wipe out Russian air defenses in no time.

Again, Ukraine has shown that there's no need for helicopter launched ATGMs, they're only using ground launched ones.
Same would happen in the EU.

There are tens of thousands of international volunteers in Ukraine lol, Russia is angry at that, why are they not doing anything?

Yeah. Very tough sending in some rougue volunteers to do your dirty job. The last time I heard these white Jihadists were being rounded up by the Russians and handed death penalties.

Yeah. Very tough sending in some rougue volunteers to do your dirty job. The last time I heard these white Jihadists were being rounded up by the Russians and handed death penalties.
NATO sends intelligence reports and advanced weapon systems and Russia can't do shit about it😂

Every day some huge weapon stockpile blows up, dozens of Russian tanks get destroyed.

Yeah, Russia captured some, it doesn't change the fact that Russia already lost tens of thousands of people lmao

Who is we? You are not even a European.

I am immigrant and european. Are you racist?

Beware, according to chinese news, an island in pacific wants to invade China so chinese will invade it before China gets invaded.
Same logics have the people in Russia. They have nothing else to do. Putin spoon feeds the populace days and nights.
You are talking bullcrap and nonsense, you just made up the wild Chinese story as usual.

Stoltenberg-EUCO-800x450.jpg

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg warned Thursday (4 March) that Europe’s defence depends on close transatlantic bonds and not on a quest for the continent’s strategic autonomy.

Most EU member states are also NATO member states, and their citizens’ safety relies on an alliance that far outspends their own capitals on security, he argued.

In an interview with AFP, after an address at the College of Europe in Belgium, Stoltenberg said he welcomed Brussels’ efforts to boost spending and streamline its defence industry.

But he was dubious about calls for the continent to develop “strategic autonomy” of the kind championed by France’s President Emmanuel Macron.

The European Union doesn’t have an army of its own, but the European Commission is seeking what it calls a more “geopolitical role”, with its own foreign and defence industry policy.

Fellow Brussels-based institution NATO, by contrast, bills itself as the most successful military alliance in the world — in large part thanks to American military spending.

“I support EU efforts on defence, because more defence spending, new military capabilities and addressing the fragmentation of the European defence industry — all of that will be good for European security, for transatlantic security, for all of us,” he told AFP.

“So all these efforts — as long as they complement NATO — we welcome them, but the EU cannot defend Europe.”

Still ‘pertinent’?

“More than 90% of the people in the European Union, they live in a NATO country. But only 20% of NATO’s defence spending comes from NATO EU members,” Stoltenberg said.

Under the previous US president, Donald Trump, transatlantic ties frayed.

Trump repeatedly accused the European allies of not pulling their weight, and Macron in turn accused NATO of failing to adapt to Europe’s security priorities– famously branding its strategy as “brain dead”.

There have also been tensions between European capitals and NATO ally Turkey, which is accused of breaking a UN arms embargo on Libya and violating Greek waters in a search for gas reserves.

During this period Britain, a major NATO member, left the European Union, further tipping the balance of spending between EU and non-EU allies in the latter’s favour.

This has fuelled calls from some in Europe for the continent to chart its own strategic course.

Macron told the Financial Times last month: “I am a defender of European sovereignty, of strategic autonomy, not because I’m against NATO or because I doubt our American friends, but because I am lucid on the state of the world.

“Nobody can tell me that today’s NATO is a structure that, in its foundations, is still pertinent. It was founded to face down the Warsaw Pact. There is no more a Warsaw Pact,” he said.

The Warsaw Pact was signed in 1955 to form a Soviet bloc counterpart to NATO, which was created six years earlier.

But Stoltenberg says NATO still faces many other foes.

He cited Russia’s encroachment on its neighbours, international terrorism, cyberattacks, the security impacts of climate change, and the need to maintain an advantage over rising China.

Stoltenberg, the 61-year-old former prime minister of non-EU NATO member Norway, prefers the term “strategic solidarity” to “strategic autonomy”.

“I don’t believe in Europe alone. I don’t believe in North America alone. I believe in North America and Europe together in strategic solidarity in NATO,” he said.

“Because I don’t believe that any country or any continent alone can manage the security challenges we face today.”

Weaken the link

In geographic terms, he points out, the European Union’s flanks are defended in the north Atlantic from Russian encroachment by non-EU members the US, Canada and the UK.

In the southeast, non-EU member Turkey — often criticised as a threat to stability by Paris and Athens — sits on the borders with Syria and Iraq and is “extremely important in the fight against Daesh (the Islamic State group), international terrorism.”

US President Joe Biden, expected to attend a NATO alliance leaders’ summit later this year, is seen as wanting to keep pushing European members to meet their defence spending commitments — as Trump did.

“But most importantly, this is about politics,” Stoltenberg said. “Because any attempt to weaken the link, to divide Europe and North America, will not only weaken NATO, it will divide Europe.”

NATO was conceived to deter USSR. It`s primary objective was the defence of Europe. But when the USSR disintegrated, its member states believed it was time to disband so they stopped contributing in both men and material. The last report I had read, which probably dates back to 2015, 75% of the budget for NATO is US funding. Uncle Sam is keeping it alive because it wants NATO around the world to fight for American pre-emptive wars. This has broadened the purpose of NATO from a defensive organization to one which is providing services to its member states and war-torn countries by training their militias and fighting for what they think is an effort to nib-the-evil-in-the-bud. This has definitely given them considerable experience and their domains have multiplied too. They are now also working against narcotics and cyber crimes. But to me, the pressing issue of budget underscores an implicit effort by the US into pressurizing European countries to either contribute and be equal shareholders or else the US would takeover the ownership.

Btw European countries are using Turkey for defence(NATO) but won`t give membership of EU (economic prosperity). Such are the double standards.

Last edited:
I am immigrant and european. Are you racist?

You are an immigrant. That is it. You are not a European.

At least you're integrating into society unlike the other idiots here.

LOL Integrating like polishing Zionist boots. When are you going to give Viet boy a Zionist medal?

NATO sends intelligence reports and advanced weapon systems and Russia can't do shit about it😂

Every day some huge weapon stockpile blows up, dozens of Russian tanks get destroyed.

Yeah, Russia captured some, it doesn't change the fact that Russia already lost tens of thousands of people lmao

LOL what has your Israel done to Russia? You speak as if Israel is on European side. Your country is as neutral as they come. You are what we call irrelivant Ariel dancing in someone's else's wedding. Just take a chill pill and back off.

You are an immigrant. That is it. You are not a European.

LOL Integrating like polishing Zionist boots. When are you going to give Viet boy a Zionist medal?

LOL what has your Israel done to Russia? You speak as if Israel is on European side. Your country is as neutral as they come. You are what we call irrelivant Ariel dancing in someone's else's wedding. Just take a chill pill and back off.
So you admit you are a racist. For you it’s not about justice, right or wrong, but skin color, passport blue or red, Jew or not Jew, european or not european.
I wonder why the forum tolerates racism.

So you admit you are a racist. For you it’s not about justice, right or wrong, but skin color, passport blue or red, Jew or not Jew, european or not european.
I wonder why the forum tolerates racism.

How am I a racist if I say that you are not a European? Explain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom