What's new

The Danger of Strategic Impatience

Perhaps, but one thing is for sure and that he's a major fanboy of our HSR expert :D

He comes up with some innovative thread titles, I must admit :)

The guy is deeply deeply obsessive about China's demographics, I must add.

China is not a proactive player as of now and I doubt they will be proactive in the times to come.

They are moving along with Russia these days.

The biggest threat to China today, is the threat of playing up its cards.

China, especially under Xi Jinping has started getting restless, and forgetting the basic mantra of Deng Xiaoping that worked so well, "Hide your strength, bide your time."

It is trying to compete with the US in all areas including in currency etc. What it is forgetting is that these things take a lot of time.

The US became the biggest economy on Earth by about 1870.

It got a reserve currency only after the second World War, that is 80 years later.

Also, the US kept its population growing. By inviting immigrants of all stripes.

It is time for China ideally, to rest low, keep developing, and getting ahead, instead of trying to spark any war, or arms race, or challenging American supremacy.

Let the Russians do it. Russians are obsessed by the prospect of doing it, which has led them to reduce their nation from the biggest, and a truly modern and leading nation, to one which is in recession, where the life expectancy is exceeded by dozens of Asian Countries, which relies solely on using the fruits of its past conquests ie the resources which Russia relies on.

invading three countries ???

Iraq, what are the other two ??

They invaded the country formerly known as Iraq (today most of which is a part of a new country, the Islamic State), Afghanistan (much of which is controlled by the Taliban, but still the same country), and Libya (rife with extremism).

That is in the one decade from 2001-2011.

Not counting their bombing of Syria, drones in other countries, and other such bloodshed.

China on the other hand had exactly ZERO conflicts in that decade. Or in the decade before that. Or in the decade before that.

Our disputes are entirely diplomatic in nature, the most violent thing that happens is someone getting sprayed with a water hose in the South China Sea. But no bloodshed.

Rest assure we will not bring war to anyone but we are prepare to face any possible war throwing at us. The US have been threaten us for a long time. Today or tomorrow, it makes no difference.

LOL, so basically you are saying: "Challenging America is bad". :cheesy:

As for trying to spark a war, no.

America has launched 3 invasions of the Middle East and North Africa region in the past decade alone. Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

That is the peak of war mongering. And despite China's diplomatic disputes we have not had a war for the past three decades.

I agree with you,we need a strong China to keep the west in check & Putin's Russia is to weak to challenge West alone(economically)

I agree with you,we need a strong China to keep the west in check & Putin's Russia is to weak to challenge West alone(economically)

Let India do that job, if it wishes so.

China is busy with setting up a new form of major power relations with the US.

It is trying to compete with the US in all areas including in currency etc. What it is forgetting is that these things take a lot of time.

The US became the biggest economy on Earth by about 1870.

It got a reserve currency only after the second World War, that is 80 years later

Can you post your source article on this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom