What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

easy for you to say being i australia but i met real indians living in india and they all want to either die or run away from this country. no offence but true

Actually even more easier for me to say because I am probably visiting over 40 countries every year. Stupid job you see but that does not mean that I am not meeting Indians living in India because I too live in India a lot every year. It is my country so I just happen to know these things.

Your posts are now turning increasingly ketchupy. No offence but true :)

then why you have highest no. of suicide case?? and i am sure they would not have killed themselves if not born in India
:rofl: so u decided people in india suicide coz they were born in india ...

Which standard are u studying in???

ANd people blowup themselves in pakistan ..u know why??/ they are so desperate to go to west and be slaves of white's but cant afford so they take money suicide bomb them selves and let their family go to west and be slaves

Ravaan thats a nic name , also i like ravaan very much as he was one of the most learned & deserving king of indian civilization ,just that he was a little Tharkee...:D.
anyway what i got from your thread is like you seem to be very loanly these days did your GF dummped you:rofl: just joking dont take it otherwise ,man why are you so emotional :no:, there are better things in this world than trying to be a freindly naighbour.:bad:..come on man cheerup & take some tomato .:cheers:...er imean bloody marry with a tquila shot im sure youl enjoy that more:devil:

on topic:- u like india, be here,u like punjabis in pakistan,ur free to go.....but don't even think of any merge or partition..coz that will end up creating mass graves....

that's all i can say

And close this silly and useless thread

Ravaan thats a nic name , also i like ravaan very much as he was one of the most learned & deserving king of indian civilization ,just that he was a little Tharkee...:D.
anyway what i got from your thread is like you seem to be very loanly these days did your GF dummped you:rofl: just joking dont take it otherwise ,man why are you so emotional :no:, there are better things in this world than trying to be a freindly naighbour.:bad:..come on man cheerup & take some tomato .:cheers:...er imean bloody marry with a tquila shot im sure youl enjoy that more:devil:

actually i prefer my blue label with some djarum blacks occassionally

then why you have highest no. of suicide case?? and i am sure they would not have killed themselves if not born in India

LoL, India does not have the highest number of suicides or even the highest suicide rate. You got to check the following. Highest is Japan. India is even lower than China in that list.

You gotta to talk more to the right people. All this talking to the wrong people is clearly having an impact on your intellect. You are getting confused between sauce and chutney here. :)

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sir , please understand that i started this thread as a question?i want to have a discussion with people here to try to figure out an answer.... I do believe , i might have a part of answer. But since this has unfortunately become such a complicated problem that there cannot be one right way of solving it.

I believe that people should be reminded and made to realize that they have far more in common than they have in differences.I have my own plans to make a small contribution in this regard starting from my own state...

What would you do???

Bro, the primary factor in co-existence is to accept each other's existence as we are. Then we can move ahead. So there are several differences and impediments but the easiet thing to work on right now is on economics.

The way I see it, everything is made redundant by commerce. A poor enemy is dangerous because they have nothing to lose (khud to doobenge par tujhko bhi le doobenge sanam :) ) while a prospering enemy has a lot to lose so the stakes are higher and MAD comes in to play.

So the trade and commerce between both countries needs to be encouraged and everything will automatically take a back seat (sabse bada rupaiya bhai). India has been totally forthcoming in this aspect and there have been positive developments in Pakistan too in recent days (although the slight backtrack on the MFN shows the Army hand anyway). So the progress will clearly be slow and with the economic growth, the onus of development will be with civilians and not with the army and that will make the army's interference redundant because there is nothing bigger than economic protection.

People will never have a problem because people are basically good. It is actually the plans that are a stimulus which make people behave differently.

I would really not lose a lot of sleep on this. Everything is only moving to be better. Let us hope that it continues and there may be a day when these borders even when there, will be redundant in the needed sense. All in good time though.

Yeah it bothers me too, when I see Punjabis singing old romance tunes when they were the first ones to lap up Partition and on either side indulged in horrific massacres like barbariians.

States like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra ,Orissa ,Maharashtra etc which had no say in Partition took up Pakistan to be an enemy without any question just for the sake of those involved in Partition trauma - even though we ourselves had no previous history with them . Now actually pisses me off to no end when I see the same people ,for whom we took on the enemies, singing honeymoon tunes for each other. Do you guys think we are fools ?

The question is why did some people decide to turn on their brothers of thousands of years? Why did they start killing people that they shared the surname with? Why did they start claiming allegiance to foreign invaders and start dissing their own heritage of thousands of years?

I doubt any Indian Punjabi looks at the Pakistani Punjabis as brothers anymore after what happened in that part during and before partition.

Those were not the acts of brothers.

Back
Top Bottom