What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

no offence but i have met hundreds of Indians who are shameful of their indian identity and regret of not crossing border. and i feel sad for them

84 was a congress handled event..mainly by dogs like Tytler and Sajjan kumar...and the poor/labour class took it as an opportunity to loot and steal...
A Hindu doesn't hate a sikh...rather their is a lot of brotherhood amongst each other here...

Hope that clears some perceptions here.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

no offence but i have met hundreds of Indians who are shameful of their indian identity and regret of not crossing border. and i feel sad for them
Sorry you caused an offense...i laughed so badly at this stupid post that my stomach is aching!:lol:

Totally uncalled for.....If i had a choice i would prefer to be born as an Indian every single time....we will sort out our differences in due course....

Not to turn you red :) but I have met thousands of Indians who regret having had the border drawn and I feel tragically sad for them. Said that easily. :)

Totally uncalled for.....If i had a choice i would prefer to be born as an Indian every single time....we will sort out our differences in due course....

You still did not answer the question. Most political borders are bound to be like that, people of both side of border will have affinity. Even interstate borders in India have same issue.
The question is what do you think we should do about it?

What do you suggest koreans to do for example. They are practically same people.

Okay i ll do it again.....

If u go thru this thread some members pointed out that people from both sides of punjab cannot live together because of the barbaric acts that they committed during the partition. they think just coz some people from both sides behaved like animals we are condemned to be enemies for ever.I am using 1984 riots,godhra etc as a reference to indicate that even in India some innocent sikhs,muslims ,christians and even hindus in some cases have been murdered for no reason but still being a sikh i do not consider all the hindus as my enemies...i still live in peace with most of them....then why doesnt the same logic hold for people from pakistan

Okay, thanks for elaborating on your POV. My view, peace between India and Pakistan and the irrelevant border idea is not actually a factor of the possible co-existence of people of India and Pakistani Punjab living together but the matter of actually the collective will of the total populaces to co-exist. You raised a very pertinent analogy of France and Germany earlier. That discussion has the possibility of clearing the air on this situation. Let me reiterate my post below about that:

Excellent analogy. Now to look in to the differences and let us just take up France & Germany:

1. France & Germany (let us just assume as it being irrelevant who was the agressor) fought the wars.
2. Civilian rule prevailed in both the countries and the armies in both nations have been largely subversive on the national stage.
3. The demographics are similar when it comes to religion etc. and hence no major divide. Homogenous that way.
4. General political discourse has been economic development rather than seeking legitimacy to governance via a religious discourse.
5. None of them is a theological state. Both are democratic states.
6. Civilian rule having been strong, there has not been room of the armed forces to drive the national and foreign policy towards confrontation / extremism.

Premised that differences can be buried, how do you think India and Pakistan should start here then? I mean to go down on the path of France and Germany.

Not to turn you red :) but I have met thousands of Indians who regret having had the border drawn and I feel tragically sad for them. Said that easily. :)

ask any pakistani or bangladeshi how lucky they are for not being discriminated against on the basis of religion and none of them are denied admission in univ/jobs because of their caste. Indian society and govt are main reason for large no. of NRIs all over the world. india should handover itself to either china or pakistan for better life of its people

ask any pakistani or bangladeshi how lucky they are for not being discriminated against on the basis of religion and none of them are denied admission in univ/jobs because of their caste. Indian society and govt are main reason for large no. of NRIs all over the world. india should handover itself to either china or pakistan for better life of its people

Lol, you are clearly in the Salsa kind of mood. :)

Just check the religious persecution of Ahmadis in Pakistan. Poor bunch are not even allowed to exist as they are as a constitutional entity. Also look up the blasphemy laws. People were falling over each other to make Qadri their valentime and to moochi kiss him.

Ask any Indian how lucky they are to be the ones that they are and please, for the love of Tibet, neither China nor Pakistan should hand themselves over to India. :)

Hehehe look at this... Madman trollwalla ! Heeee

I don't why the thread starter can't answer this simple question which has been asked again and again! Come on spell it dude, don't act like a sissy!

Sir , please understand that i started this thread as a question?i want to have a discussion with people here to try to figure out an answer.... I do believe , i might have a part of answer. But since this has unfortunately become such a complicated problem that there cannot be one right way of solving it.

I believe that people should be reminded and made to realize that they have far more in common than they have in differences.I have my own plans to make a small contribution in this regard starting from my own state...

What would you do???

No what i am saying is it shouldnt matter since we are the same people
so u give moer importance to religion/culture than ur nationality...

well,then ur free to go to pakstan and try to live in peace there...

And by the way Pakistan will remain as the enemy of india and bullets will be fired on any pakistani soldies whether he is sikh or muslim....

Our people really forget very think like terror attacks like 26/11 very soon....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

i was wondering wat kind of human being wish to live in hub of terrorists and the nation which iis in top 10 failed nation list...or ur just making up stories???

easy for you to say being i australia but i met real indians living in india and they all want to either die or run away from this country. no offence but true

i live in india and i am very happy living here......no offence but u are a troll, nothing else......

so u give moer importance to religion/culture than ur nationality...

well,then ur free to go to pakstan and try to live in peace there...

And by the way Pakistan will remain as the enemy of india and bullets will be fired on any pakistani soldies whether he is sikh or muslim....

Our people really forget very think like terror attacks like 26/11 very soon....

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

i was wondering wat kind of human being wish to live in hub of terrorists and the nation which iis in top 10 failed nation list...or ur just making up stories???

for some reason i think there is very little difference between u and tomatoboy

easy for you to say being i australia but i met real indians living in india and they all want to either die or run away from this country. no offence but true

i met some pakistanis and they were so ashamed of thier country and then even chose to be slaves of white's but not return to pakistan

trust me....no offence but true

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

i met some pakistanis and they were so ashamed of thier country and then even chose to be slaves of white's but not return to pakistan

trust me....no offence but true

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

for some reason i think there is very little difference between u and tomatoboy

this is a free country,u can live here or go to pakistan ,it's ur choice

Back
Top Bottom