What's new

Terrorist takes Australian cafe customers hostage:

This was from the BBC news article about this incident. Can someone explain to me how can a person that was an accessory to a murder and have 40 sexual assault cases and not be behind bars or a mental health facility?

“Monis was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. He also faced more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges”.

Yeah, he certainly wasn't among the best and brightest. Soft sentencing in Australian criminal courts is an absolute joke. You are quite right, he ought to have been imprisoned: magistrates and judges in this country are far too lenient in the sentences they hand out.

Why so much interest in this one man loony situation? Such things happen every week, maybe even more often.

You are right. It is only one of a huge number of murders and other crimes committed every day. The fact that he was a self-proclaimed member of ISIS and a would-be jihadist instead of some lone homicidal maniac is what made the news. Actually, a good case could be made for a media black-out on incidents like this.

Good Lord, why the heck did Australia allow this creature in? Thereafter he went on to commit serious crimes and then became a radical Salafist and bought terror to Sydney.

My thoughts and prayers with the victims of this wicked man. I'm glad the Aussies put a bullet into him.

My dear friends, just another thing could you please leave the sectarian stuff out of this. A flame war developed from page 22 and continued for quite a while, resulting in post deleted. Please keep it civil.

Good Lord, why the heck did Australia allow this creature in? Thereafter he went on to commit serious crimes and then became a radical Salafist and bought terror to Sydney.

My thoughts and prayers with the victims of this wicked man. I'm glad the Aussies put a bullet into him.

My dear friends, just another thing could you please leave the sectarian stuff out of this. A flame war developed from page 22 and continued for quite a while, resulting in post deleted. Please keep it civil.

Thank you, waz. It is appreciated. And quite right. I couldn't agree more.

Thank you, waz. It is appreciated. And quite right. I couldn't agree more.

That's ok my friend. All the best to Australia, a beautiful land with warm and friendly folk. By the way, my uncle lives in Melbourne. I have visited once and was treated so well i.e. the British link. I'd like to visit again and see how my colleagues in teaching educate the upcoming generations.

That's ok my friend. All the best to Australia, a beautiful land with warm and friendly folk. By the way, my uncle lives in Melbourne. I have visited once and was treated so well i.e. the British link. I'd like to visit again and see how my colleagues in teaching educate the upcoming generations.

Then perhaps we shall see you in the country in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited:
It's not the education bruv, had it been that we won't be seeing educated youth falling for ISIS cr@p. It's something else they must be tapping on. If I have to pin point on one aspect which contribute most towards this growing concern is that the Muslims are too conservative. If they knew how to enjoy life in this world than they wouldn't fantasize about afterlife. I might be wrong but that's my 2 cents on this topic. Straight trees are cut first.

Look at the stats. Find the correlation between literacy, health, employment and the terrorist output (become one)...you will find that even within provinces and cities, things are very different.

You can't just say that since you get education - You become immortal or attain some sort of moral high ground.

Education decreases the probability of playing in the wrong hands and increases the probability of knowing cost/benefit ratio of your actions.

Education gives you the ability to think. It doesnt make you visionary!

Look at the stats. Find the correlation between literacy, health, employment and the terrorist output (become one)...you will find that even within provinces and cities, things are very different.

You can't just say that since you get education - You become immortal or attain some sort of moral high ground.

Education decreases the probability of playing in the wrong hands and increases the probability of knowing cost/benefit ratio of your actions.

Educate gives you the ability to think. It doesnt make you visionary!
Education is quite different from having knowledge about normal average thinking. That Mehdi dude was highly educated from sub continental standard.but yet he was a ISIS groupie. It's a matter of concern for everyone but they are bringing a bad name to you guys. You need to come up with something concrete or else they will paint the whole religion the way they want to. It might be my own bias speaking against them here but there is not much rope to hang on to for every decent muslims who out number such lunatics by hundreds of thousands if not millions.

I know. He was a sunni convert though. Denounced his Iranian background and became your average sunni jihadi.

Interestingly enough a certain Shia sect started suicide missions in the middle ages promising their followers of heaven and maidens. They would use hashish to fool the followers into believing they woke up in paradise by drugging them, and then when the effects wore off, the followers were brain-washed into going on suicidal missions to attain heaven.

Assassins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These same techniques are used by sunni militant outfits to indoctrinate foot soldiers for their own causes today.

RIP to the deceased hostages. We condemn this heinous act of terrorism by the criminal iranian mulllah.

Wahabism and khomienism is a curse on this world.

@Abii turns out he is your fellow iranian mullah. Karma is really a bitch.

As a non Muslim, I am sorry to see this thread turning into a sectarian bash up. Just to let you guys know, when you brag about Muslims being X percent of the population of earth you count every sect but when it comes to accepting the fault the divide emerges. Either own up the mistake of few disillusioned ones ( be it of any sect) in totality or cut the cr@p of claiming to being the fastest growing religion in the world. You are not fooling anyone but yourself.

RIP to the deceased hostages. We condemn this heinous act of terrorism by the criminal iranian mulllah.

Wahabism and khomienism is a curse on this world.

@Abii turns out he is your fellow iranian mullah. Karma is really a bitch.
Can u shut up ?

Every weak dozen persons get killed in US due to terrorism. 99.99% of ISIS terrorists are none Iranians.
Most of the suiciders in Iraq that daily kill dozen of innocent people are Saudi.

100% of F$A, Al Nusra, ISISI members are none Iranians.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom