What's new

Terrorist takes Australian cafe customers hostage:

Just show's how rotten the Justice system has become.....

I know that worked in 1977 when Pakistan's Yaqub-Khan and two other ambassadors lectured Hanafis who killed two and took 150 hostage (including one of my friends) in Washington. Do you think Pakistan's ambassadors can pull off such successes today?

I know I am not going to be popular with the Pakistani admins by saying the obvious here but I will, anyway!

That may be too much too ask of Pakistan, because the mastermind of a similar but far more deadly hostage crisis in Mumbai, 2008 still roams freely in Pakistan! And the death toll then, was close to 200 !!

The least Pakistanis could do was to put behind bars, the alleged mastermind of the incident in Mumbai, 2008! Even today, the dude (who even the UN recognized as the terrorist, no less) not only gets to roam, but gets to organize vicious anti-India rallies openly. And the Government on its part, provides him with trains to transport people to his rallies from around the country!

Forget sympathizing, there have been many instances where Pakistanis on this forum taunted India for how 10 guys with guns held the entire country hostage for so many days! Even today some of them issue veiled threats of how such incidents can happen again!

It may also be remembered how even the Chinese vetoed the resolutions condemning him and other terror groups targeting India -- not once but multiple times! And then we all wonder how such incidents keep happening around the world!

I have asked this in the past and I am going to repeat! Why is this hypocrisy when it comes to terror that has been plaguing India specifically? Are Indian lives any less important? Why can't we condemn all terror incidents equally vociferously and stand together against it?

Turned out to be an Iranian after all, but the saying still applies.

About this developing story itself, its safe to say that Muslims and Islam has been damaged beyond repair.
Sunni Iranian. That matters. But I'm still shocked.

Why should Shia support ISIS? Does not make any sense. He is probaby lone wolf.
Because he wasn't shia.

He was famous shia cleric.

He was but he had to leave Iran because he was too "liberal" (ironically) and then became a salafist when he reached Australia. So basically this dude was a lib who was forced to leave for being a lib and he was given refuge in Australia after which he became a radical who decided to punish... Australia..... so in other words a total nutcase.

He was some foreign lunatic with an official record of serious crime that came to this country purportedly as a refugee in 1996 and who went off the deep end. I'm glad he's dead. I'm only sorry two of our people, who were completely innocent, had to die with him.

Last edited:
He was some foreign lunatic with a criminal record that came to this country purportedly as a refugee in 1996 and who went off the deep end. I'm glad he's dead. I'm only sorry two of our people, who were completely innocent, had to die with him.

How did someone like that manage to get in?

Any updates on the situation ?
The cops stormed the cafe and two hostages and the gunman were killed. Apparently the gunman came to Australia in 1996 from Iran reportedly as a refugee. And also apparently, he had a serious criminal record in this country. That's all I know and that's all I want to know. The matter is thankfully at an end now.

How did someone like that manage to get in?
We are too soft-hearted/soft-headed and generous in this country. Once again, an "asylum seeker" or a "refugee" abuses our generosity and the safe haven we have provided for him and commits a serious crime. Regrettably, it is not an uncommon story in Australia.

Last edited:
The cops stormed the cafe and two hostages and the gunman were killed. Apparently the gunman came to Australia in 1996 from Iran reportedly as a refugee. And also apparently, he had a serious criminal record in this country. That's all I know and that's all I want to know. The matter is thankfully at end now.
Thanks...2 hostages dead ? Was it the gunman or the cops ?

This was from the BBC news article about this incident. Can someone explain to me how can a person that was an accessory to a murder and have 40 sexual assault cases and not be behind bars or a mental health facility?

“Monis was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. He also faced more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges”.

Why so much interest in this one man loony situation? Such things happen every week, maybe even more often.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom