What's new

Tea To Become The National Drink Of India

Haha yeah, because it is sweet right?

Outsiders always prefer Chrysanthemum tea.

Yeah the ones you get at asian grocery shops is quite sweet, but I make it at home. Tiny bit of sugar and some honey, has to be the most refreshing drink in the world, nothing comes close.

Its the taste and the aroma.

In punjabi we also call it cha. At least from wherei am from.

Nikkiya cha te la day.

Even in India we call it 'cha'.
BTW good decision to declare tea as national drink. I drink at least 3-4 cups of lemon tea daily

Chrysanthemum is very very popular here in Singapore dude. Especially because it is sunny, humid and hot pretty often, the drink is very refreshing in this type of climate:tup:

That makes sense. Hong Kong as well, is quite warm compared to the rest of China, so cold drinks are nice here.

In freezing North China though, I can understand why they always want to drink boiling hot tea.

I tasted that in many places in Tamil Nadu. :smitten:

Yup it should be over Tamilnadu. Most of us Indian Singaporeans came from Tamilnadu and we brought over the culture and cuisine too :yahoo: Now everyone here loves 'teh tarik', not just the Indians :tup:

In Bengali we call Tea, 'Cha', and in Assamese we call it 'Sa'. Darjeeling is by far the best tea I've ever tasted. :)

That makes sense. Hong Kong as well, is quite warm compared to the rest of China, so cold drinks are nice here.

In freezing North China though, I can understand why they always want to drink boiling hot tea.

And hotpot. I can just imagine the kind of comfort u can get in a real cold place when having a good hotpot meal in a group :tup:

Yup it should be over Tamilnadu. Most of us Indian Singaporeans came from Tamilnadu and we brought over the culture and cuisine too :yahoo: Now everyone here loves 'teh tarik', not just the Indians :tup:

In South India, Tea is traditionally served in this way,

2270866-chai-indian-tea-0.jpg

Good God !!

53 Posts, Indian, Chinese & Pakistanis contributing and every one is agreeing.No flame, no under the belt ones.Every one is thanking each other !!

Are we going soft or is Tea really a unifier ?

Good chance there will be no infractions too on this thread.

Good God !!

53 Posts, Indian, Chinese & Pakistanis contributing and every one is agreeing.No flame, no under the belt ones..

I think its the latter part
chai ka jaado chal gaya

Good God !!

53 Posts, Indian, Chinese & Pakistanis contributing and every one is agreeing.No flame, no under the belt ones.Every one is thanking each other !!

Well u r the first one to post off topic, so be aware of mods :D

We kashmiris drink two kinds of teas, and i am not sure of the english names. Both are in the form of unprocessed sun dried leaves.

Kehwa, is drunk black. The color of the brew is very similar to what Chinese drink. We sweeten it though, and put some spices like cardamom and cinammon. Awesome on colddd days!

Salty Tea (Noon Chai) Its pink in color (yes pink!) when brewed in milk. It goes so well with sweets or cakes.. you can drink it after a heavy meal too!

*facepalm* For once, for the sake of chai that we all love, lets show some love on this thread....:smitten:

Anyways, in the future will India force the Chinese people to pay royalty to India for drinking Tea since India has now declared that Tea is INDIA's NATIONAL DRINK ?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom