What's new

Tangail jute leaf tea is going to foreign markets

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Tangail jute leaf tea is going to foreign markets, the possibility of export income is increasing
Subhra Saif Published: January 18, 2023 19:21:15

Tangail jute leaf tea is going to foreign markets, the possibility of export income is increasing
The days of calling Bangladesh the land of golden fibers are over long ago. The reputation of Bangladeshi jute has also declined because the production is not as it used to be.
Yet jute is now versatile. From clothes to bags, chats and various stationery are made from jute. Jute is now very popular in the food habits of Bengalis. Young jute leaves or jute greens - Mitha and Tita, both popular as greens.
But jute leaf tea? Who thought that jute leaves can be tea! Jute leaf tea is now not only real, its commercial production is going on in the country, it is also being exported abroad. And in addition to Bangladesh Jute Research Institute, another Bangladeshi young entrepreneur and researcher Zakir Hossain Tapur has made a big contribution to this success.

Tapu of Tangail returned home after studying 'Alternative Medicine' in the United States and started researching various natural medicines. In 2014, he started his research on jute leaves.

In this regard, Tapu told English daily Daily Star, "I was more interested in researching medicinal plants. But the quality of green tea made from jute leaves attracted me.”

From there, Tapu's constant interest and efforts in organic tea led to his own company 'Mahima Products', where tea is prepared from jute leaves grown in the country in a completely natural way.

However, Bangladesh Jute Research Institute first prepared this tea in Bangladesh in 2016. Inspired by the research of some German research institutes, this initiative was taken in the country and positive results were also obtained.

The process of making tea from jute leaves is as simple as that of ordinary tea leaves. Jute leaf tea is made by spreading the young leaves of Tosha jute and drying them in the sun. After heating in water, its color turns green.

According to Bangladesh Jute Research Institute, this herbal tea has 30 percent more calories than spinach. Moreover, it contains vitamins C and D, anti-oxidants, various minerals including iron.

Tapur Mahima Products jute tea is now sold at Jute Diversification Promotion Center (JPDC) in Manipuripara, Dhaka. Each packet worth Tk 300 contains 30 T-bags. Efforts are being made to increase the popularity of this tea by providing stalls in various fairs of JPDC. Different flavors are also added by mixing a few other flavors including jasmine along with the regular jute tea.

Jute leaf tea has many benefits including relieving constipation, maintaining good heart health.

Meanwhile, the export potential of jute leaf tea is also huge. As organic tea, its reputation and demand is increasing in various European countries. Jute leaf tea is exported to countries like England, Sweden, France.

Although the European market is dominated by German jute tea, it is expected that Bangladeshi tea will take over this market soon due to the good quality of Bangladeshi jute.

Although the European market is dominated by German jute tea, it is expected that Bangladeshi tea will take over this market soon due to the good quality of Bangladeshi jute.
I have eaten jute leave Shak in my childhood. It is a little bitter, nevertheless, it is good for stomach health.

But, what is this German jute Tea? Can someone clarify it? I checked the internet sources. One source said jute tea has been popularized by BD men living in Germany.

I am sure jute cannot be produced in a cold country like Germany.

I have eaten jute leave Shak in my childhood. It is a little bitter, nevertheless, it is good for stomach health.

But, what is this German jute Tea? Can someone clarify it? I checked the internet sources. One source said jute tea has been popularized by BD men living in Germany.

I am sure jute cannot be produced in a cold country like Germany.

They can grow it in green houses @bluesky bhai.

iu

Back
Top Bottom