What's new

Taliban Military Chief Mullah Baradar captured by Pakistan

"...the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan is in NO way justified."

Iraq is irrelevant. Take that up in a separate thread and I'll be happy to chat with you all day. Here it is a red herring and meant to distract from the issue at hand.

Afghanistan is both separate and our response fully justified. We were attacked by terrorists within that country and MADE WAR. We'd no need to engage the illegal taliban government in a dissembling debate about the disposition of Al Qaeda's possible detention status. The rationales for such are fully accepted by all except sympathizers to the taliban and Al Qaeda.

"Those fighting against this occupation indeed have justification."

There can be no "occupation" when operating with forty plus other nations under the mandate of the U.N. and by the invitation of the Afghan government that is recognized globally. That recognition, btw, includes the Gov't of Pakistan. The taliban are unelected usurpers of power and have no platform nor mandate to elected rule whatsoever.

You personally are eager to foist on the afghan people that which you won't accept for yourself in SWAT, Buner, FATA, and NWFP despite what you witnessed last spring and see daily.

The afghan people suffered under the same for six years and have no desire to return to the past and have every right to self-determination. How callously your memory serves you!

Omar was never elected, has no legal claim to rule Afghanistan and is unsupported by the entire world save those like yourself who seek domination of the afghan polity to your personal ambitions.

Did you notice who busted Baradar or are you willfully blind? The ISI-the taliban's last benefactors besides those like you have turned their back. The ISI matter. You and their supporters here don't.

Turn out the lights, please, as you leave the room. It appears you are last to the game.:lol:

Thanks.:usflag:

These men have never been "partners" of the USA. At most Omar and OBL were "partners" of Pakistan and Saddam a "partner" of the PLO. OBL and Saddam were enemies of our enemy, nothing more. Omar was nothing.

Thanks for showing us your true colors! You use, and then you throw away as if you had nothing to do with it!

I wouldn't be surprised if you Americans abandon Pakistan in this Afghan mess and then blame your loss on us!

:pakistan::usflag:

Last edited:
Thanks for showing us your true colors! You use, and then you throw away as if you had nothing to do with it!

I wouldn't be surprised if you Americans abandon Pakistan in this Afghan mess and then blame your loss on us!

:pakistan::usflag:

Hey fan kiddo,

Dont see u getting upset at ISI arresting Scumy Mullah Brother and Co in Pakistan? Long time ago did not ISI train them against Russia?

So why blame USA? Maybe no one likes scums anymore :cheers:

:victory:

Karachi has become Terror central...all these Al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists being apprehended from there

I guess the Quetta Shura is also based there too

Add a few more.

Mullah Salam, the Taliban commander, was arrested in Pakistan, the Afghan government and Taliban sources agree, but they named different cities as the location of his capture. Gov. Muhammad Omar of Afghanistan's Kunduz province said Thursday he was detained in Quetta -- where the Afghan Taliban reportedly has its leadership councils. The Taliban sources said he was nabbed in Faisalabad.

Salam is believed to be the Taliban commander for Kunduz province, Omar said.

He was directing Taliban military operations in the province, including ordering terrorist actions, mine planting and suicide attacks, said Abdul Razaq Yaqubi, the chief of police in Kunduz.

Yaqubi said Salam and another Taliban "shadow governor," Mullah Salih, were arrested in the Pakistani city of Peshawar last week. He said the information came from Pakistani authorities.

Salih was the shadow governor of Baghlan province, the police chief said. There was no immediate confirmation of Salih's arrest.

"Add a few more."

You've missed two- Mullah Mohammad, the shadow governor of Baghlan and another un-named individual who was the shadow governor of Laghman province and busted by U.S. special forces. That's in addition to the shadow district governor of Now Ali district in Helmand. Likely more as well of whom I'm not apprised.

The Pakistani government and its spy agency ISI have never been keen to see a peaceful Afghanistan in the past. Now when the peace process was on its way, the Pakistani government arrested the negotiation facilitator, in order to sabotage the peace process in Afghanistan.
Pakistan has always a dual policy over its neighbor Afghanistan. When the Taliban government was in power, Pakistan was one of the three official supporters of the Taliban regime, however, soon after the 9/11 the Pakistani government took a U turn over its Taliban policy. Later, the Military Agency ISI discreetly supported the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan, though they also show a full support to the ‘war on terror’.
This murky policy of the government and creating an invisble line between 'good Taliban' (Afghan Taliban) and 'bad Taliban' (TTP), is now bearing its fruits; suicide bombings in its major cities, appearing of the TTP and other political issues that have badly affected a common Pakistani

Zero Bravo, that seems the sentiment from Afghanistan. The Afghan gov't has been notably silent on the arrest.

Here the BBC offers more commentary on the Baradur capture to include speculation that he'd been arrested earlier than indicated and that there's been a breach in relations between Omar and Baradur-

That's just a portion of what's offered in the article which appears a grab-bag of different theories being promoted-all of them fascinating

Pakistan's Push For New Role In Afghanistan-BBC2 Feb. 19, 2010

Those fighting against this occupation indeed have justification.
There can be no "occupation" when operating with forty plus other nations under the mandate of the U.N. and by the invitation of the Afghan government that is recognized globally. That recognition, btw, includes the Gov't of Pakistan. The taliban are unelected usurpers of power and have no platform nor mandate to elected rule whatsoever.
Spanked...!!!

Or I can argue that whatever 'justifications' needed are met by the voluntary participation of those 40+ nations under UN approval and by the Pakistani government's involvement.

"One Western source in Kabul said that the Americans were exaggerating the level of co-operation. "

We figured that out soon after the story broke, hence the change in thread titles to remove any reference to 'jointness'. ;)

Someday the Western media will figure it out too - at some point that exaggerated sense of self importance has to fade away, no? :lol:

"Someday the Western media will figure it out too - at some point that exaggerated sense of self importance has to fade away, no?:lol:"

You mean that you didn't need our muscle to help your muscle in your city bust a guy? So?:lol:

Congratulations on being able to make an arrest unassisted...if true.

Beyond that I doubt you've a clue how this went down. Funny that you lived in self-delusion about hosting these murderous fcuks for years...or willful duplicity.

"One Western source in Kabul said that the Americans were exaggerating the level of co-operation. "

We figured that out soon after the story broke, hence the change in thread titles to remove any reference to 'jointness'. ;)

Someday the Western media will figure it out too - at some point that exaggerated sense of self importance has to fade away, no? :lol:
The 'official' version was that it was Egyptian forces who effectively took control of Kuwait City. The US never disputed the 'official' version.

lol, and that was the last to call me. even if i dont have Iman as you suggest, it is not difficult to see how many innocent people the taliban have killed so far.

You are muslim but wearing US glases and your thoughts,thinking and voice is similar to US.

You may have campliants against your Afghan muslim brothers fighting against invaders but it does not mean you start supporting the invaders.

I have many complaints with my army and government but when any enemy attack my country i will fully support them even shed my blood for my country's independence.

Do you think ISAF will implement shariah law in Afghanistan ?
They love their own values and implement their culture and values .They will inject intrest money in your economy and dictate their conditions then you dont have other choice.
This is modren slavey , you act as their agent even your prime miniter will be approved by World Bank IMF.We are under same problem, you should learn from our mistakes.

If you want night club ,discos , instrest economy in your country which is allowed in democratic country then you should support them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanked...!!!

Or I can argue that whatever 'justifications' needed are met by the voluntary participation of those 40+ nations under UN approval and by the Pakistani government's involvement.

40+ supported US to catch the OBL and destroy his network which is
still intact and spreading in other countries .

You failed to get any single objective , you have to pay the blood money for civilian casualties and property damages done by your forces in Afghanistan.

Congratulations on being able to make an arrest unassisted...if true.
Thanks - but I do believe we have made more of these high profile arrests than most other nations, so your skepticism just highlights my point about the inability of the West to move beyond that exaggerated sense of self-importance. :lol:
Beyond that I doubt you've a clue how this went down.
Oh, and you do?

Funny that you wish to speculate, on the basis of absolutely no credible information, that Pakistan needs US assistance to make arrests in its own territory.

Given that neither of has a 'clue', lets not cling to improbable fantasies of the CIA holding the ISI's hands and helping them 'arrest' someone in Pakistan. The rational explanation at this point is quite clearly that if the CIA had any role, it was likely limited to providing intelligence.
Funny that you lived in self-delusion about hosting these murderous fcuks for years...or willful duplicity.
We had no self-delusion - just because you believe the lies put out by your government to absolve itself of its failures in Afghanistan is not my problem.

When you can provide concrete and credible evidence that the GoP/PA/ISI aided and abetted these Taliban leaders, let me know. I won't hold my breath though - the US has this really bad reputation when it comes to accurate intelligence - you know WMD's and what not.

BTW, that BBC article mentions that Baradar perhaps traveled to Kabul for meetings - Kabul is in Afghanistan, no? Territory under US control? Willful duplicity and self delusion eh ... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom