What's new

Taliban bans university education for Afghan girls

These people are insane. They have the audacity to support these draconian regimes while they continue to reside in the West. If they love these regimes so much then why don't they go and live there?
Hypocrisy

People forget that there was a time in American history that women were treated as second hand citizens. They couldn't vote & they were marginalized in society. It took a century of fighting by woman to gain access.

We can get degree from internet. Open University. I think Afghan women should try. The free ones if I am not mistaken includes study like economics and under United Nation or other credible institutions. I think UN should make open online learning to Afghan women with different subjects, something that can make them work remotely at home after they graduated from online learning and get degree.

Or maybe government like Indonesia can do it as we will provide aids to Afghan and women education become one of the priorities

I wonder whether Afghan women can work ?

Many women worked in agricultural sector so I think they will not ban women to work.

~

Seems the Taliban are determined to ruin any chance for afghans to build a better future,

Now 50% of their population will be uneducated , not to mention all those female teachers who would not be able teach afghans the basic , like reading and writing.

Afghanistan already has one of the highest rates of illiteracy in the world , now they want tp make this even worse.

I apologize in advance for stating the obvious.

Religion is for people to improve themselves and better their connection with all creation , and by doing so maybe even inspire to some connection with the Devine.

It is certainly not about some bearded bullies , forcing their primitive understanding of religion on others.

~

Taliban is following their own pashtun wali culture which ban women to go out let alone get educated.
Well their country their rules. We shouldnt impose our way of life/values on them. The people fought for their country to be ruled by Taliban and those that didnt support the Taliban couldnt be bothered to get actively involved in stopping them. So we have no say in how they rule their country. In fact, who is to say that most Afghans dont support this law? So we can't just be making assumptions by thinking Afghans are against them.

Pashtuns are not majority, just largest minority. West should have worked to partion Afghanistan along pashtun and non pashtun region. Non-pashtun region of Afghanistan is historically known as Khorasan.

250px-Khorasan_Neyshabur.jpg

As you can see that in this map. They have their own culture and speak farsi. This is still possible if west provide weapons/fiancing to Tajiks/Hazaras for sole aim of partition and separate statehood. Once world accept Khorasan as separate country then taliban can be pushed back to their pashtun majority areas.

This is how pashtun taliban would have been defeated, instead NATO wasted 2 decades nation building with pashtuns like Karzai and Ghani.

Taliban is following their own pashtun wali culture which ban women to go out let alone get educated.

Pashtuns are not majority, just largest minority. West should have worked to partion Afghanistan along pashtun and non pashtun region. Non-pashtun region of Afghanistan is historically known as Khorasan.

250px-Khorasan_Neyshabur.jpg

As you can see that in this map. They have their own culture and speak farsi. This is still possible if west provide weapons/fiancing to Tajiks/Hazaras for sole aim of partition and separate statehood. Once world accept Khorasan as separate country then taliban can be pushed back to their pashtun majority areas.

This is how pashtun taliban would have been defeated, instead NATO wasted 2 decades nation building with pashtuns like Karzai and Ghani.

Even if they did that, Taliban would have taken over those places within two weeks just like post NATO pullout.

Even if they did that, Taliban would have taken over those places within two weeks just like post NATO pullout.

Not really, once borders are defined and accepted by UN it would have been impossible for taliban to take over Khorasan. The country that taliban toke over was compromised by pashtuns leaders like Ghani and their minions taliban pashtuns in all departments of governments and army.

Once its about farsis vs pashtuns and ethnic and border lines are clear. Taliban will be pushed back to Kandahar and not allowed to cross over. If anything NATO backed Khorasan will pound taliban at will.

It will be bloody parition no doubt but future generations will be thankful.

Not really, once borders are defined and accepted by UN it would have been impossible for taliban to take over Khorasan. The country that taliban toke over was compromised by pashtuns leaders like Ghani and their minions taliban pashtuns in all departments of governments and army.

Once its about farsis vs pashtuns and ethnic and border lines are clear. Taliban will be pushed back to Kandahar and not allowed to cross over. If anything NATO backed Khorasan will pound taliban at will.

It will be bloody parition no doubt but future generations will be thankful.

:lol:

You think taliban care about borders?

They’re already running the show in parts of KPK and Baluchistan…

:lol:

You think taliban care about borders?

They’re already running the show in parts of KPK and Baluchistan…

Some random attacks here and there doesn't mean much. If anything Khorasan will be brutral and crush all pashtun talibans. Unlike Pakistan that have to please his pashtun and baloch population and not go hard against terrorists.

Disappointment, teary eyes on Twitter after Afghanistan bans higher education for women

Netizens said they're robbing females of their basic right to learn and agency over their future, demanding action from the international community.

<p>Photo: Reuters</p>

Photo: Reuters

The Taliban government in Afghanistan has issued a ban on university education for women, preventing them from pursuing higher studies. Though no one is surprised — given their history of constant female suppression — Twitter is condemning this gross violation of human rights and demanding that the international community take action.

On Tuesday, the ministry of higher education announced the news in a letter issued to all government and private universities. “You all are informed to implement the mentioned order of suspending the education of females until further notice,” read the letter signed by Minister for Higher Education Neda Mohammad Nadeem.

Netizens are taking a stand on social media, making sure everyone knows what’s going on in Afghanistan. Author Bina Shah also commented on the matter, saying she was “too depressed” to process it and sent God’s wrath on those who deny women their right to education.
A dark day indeed.

Tears and protests as Taliban shut universities to women​

Afghan female university students stop by Taliban security personnel stand next to a university in Kabul on December 21, 2022.
IMAGE SOURCE,AFP
Female university students were stopped by Taliban security personnel in Kabul on Wednesday

By Aalia Farzan & Frances Mao
BBC News

It's an order that girls and women across Afghanistan had been dreading ever since the Taliban returned. On Wednesday, girls in their hijabs turned up to their university campuses to be blocked and turned away by Taliban guards.
Footage shows groups weeping as they're led away.

After excluding girls from most secondary schools these past 16 months, the Taliban this week also banned university education for women.

"They have destroyed the only bridge that could connect me with my future," one Kabul University student told the BBC.
"How can I react? I believed that I could study and change my future or bring the light to my life but they destroyed it."
Authorities issued the order on Tuesday - and by the following day other places of learning, including Islamic religious schools and private tuition colleges in several provinces, were also carrying out the ruling.

Sources from three provinces - Takhar in the north, Ghazni in the south-east and the capital Kabul - confirmed to the BBC that the Taliban had stopped girls from attending private education centres there.

All avenues of formal education for women are being shut down, it appears.
It led some women to dare to protest on Wednesday on the streets in Kabul - a dangerous act given the Taliban's record for detaining protesters. The small demonstrations were quickly shut down by Taliban officials.

This generation had thought they were the lucky ones - getting the education denied to their mothers, older sisters and cousins.
Instead, they're seeing their future crumble.

Women protest against the ban in Afghanistan

Some women protested against the ban in Afghanistan
1px transparent line

The Taliban, which began as a hardline Islamist militant group, had promised to respect women's rights when they swept back to power in August last year - after the horrors of their previous rule from 1996-2001 when women couldn't work or study.

But their latest decree again strips away whatever scant freedoms and rights had been afforded to women after US-led forces withdrew from Afghanistan and the Taliban returned.

I've come to the conclusion that either the taliban secretly want their women to all die off as a result of zero educated female doctors, OR their cuck's that want their women to be seen by male doctors exclusively.

We can get degree from internet. Open University. I think Afghan women should try. The free ones if I am not mistaken includes study like economics and under United Nation or other credible institutions. I think UN should make open online learning to Afghan women with different subjects, something that can make them work remotely at home after they graduated from online learning and get degree.

Or maybe government like Indonesia can do it as we will provide aids to Afghan and women education become one of the priorities

I wonder whether Afghan women can work ?

Many women worked in agricultural sector so I think they will not ban women to work.
A majority of the country still has zero access to electricity, where the **** are they gonna get a computer?

Afghanistan is a lost cause.

Pakistan should be really worried here.

Back
Top Bottom