What's new

Taliban aim to boost anti-aircraft capacity to counter 'Pakistan threat'

Taliban aim to boost anti-aircraft capacity to counter 'Pakistan threat'​

Neighbouring countries should not let our patience be exhausted, says Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat

Reuters
April 12, 2023

taliban fighters rejoice on the first anniversary of the fall of kabul on a street in kabul afghanistan august 15 2022 photo reuters

Taliban fighters rejoice on the first anniversary of the fall of Kabul on a street in Kabul, Afghanistan, August 15, 2022. PHOTO: REUTERS

KABUL: Defence has received the largest share of funds in Afghanistan's budget as the Taliban government aims to boost forces by a third and build anti-aircraft missile capacity, the army chief told Reuters in a rare interview to foreign media.

The defence ambitions of the Taliban, which took over in 2021, come in the face of strong international criticism of its policies, such as restrictions on work and education for women, that have hampered steps towards diplomatic recognition.

In his remarks on Tuesday, Qari Fasihuddin Fitrat, a Taliban commander from the northern region of Badakhshan and the chief of army staff, condemned incursions by foreign drones into Afghan airspace.

Defence forces now numbering 150,000 are targeted to be increased by 50,000, he said, speaking in his office in the highly fortified defence ministry in Kabul, the capital, although he did not reveal the precise figure of the funds.

"The ministry of defence is the top-ranked in the budget," he said, adding that it received a significantly higher sum than other ministries, as it was a priority in the budget, which is largely funded by boosted tax and customs revenue.

Since their takeover, the Taliban have spent 1-1/2 years building a civilian administration and a national military out of an insurgent force that fought a 20-year war against foreign forces and the previous US-backed Afghan government.

No foreign nation has formally recognised the government, which is battling economic headwinds following sanctions on the banking sector and the cutoff of all development aid.

Fitrat said a major defence focus was securing Afghan airspace against drones and other incursions.

"Anti-aircraft missiles are the need of countries," he said, adding that all nations sought developed weapons to ensure the integrity of their territory and airspace, a problem Afghanistan also faced.

"There is no doubt that Afghanistan is trying, and doing its best, to have it."

But Fitrat declined to elaborate on where authorities were looking to procure anti-aircraft missiles from.

'Neighbouring countries should not let our patience be exhausted'

He also stopped short of naming Pakistan, against which the Taliban administration has regularly protested, accusing its neighbour of allowing drones to enter Afghanistan.

"We are doing our best to find a solution for protection of our airspace. We will work on it by using all our capability," Fitrat added.

"From where we will obtain it is confidential, but we should have it."

Pakistan's foreign ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Pakistan officials have not confirmed whether its airspace is used for drone access to Afghanistan.

"We have always tried, and will try, to solve the issue using diplomatic ways, and we have done our best to be patient regarding these cases," Fitrat said, but sounded a note of caution.
"Neighbouring countries should not let our patience be exhausted."

Ties between the neighbours have occasionally been tense as Pakistan has accused the Taliban administration of allowing Afghan territory to be used as a haven for militant groups.

Among these is Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which has stepped up attacks in Pakistan in recent months.
The Taliban administration denies allowing its territory to be used for attacks on others, however.
There have been border clashes between the forces of both, and analysts say that in the event of conflict escalating, Pakistan's airforce would give it a strong edge.

Fitrat said former security personnel, who form a significant share of Afghanistan's forces, were being paid and treated in the same way as Taliban fighters.

The comments follow concern voiced by international rights groups and the United Nations that some former members of Afghan security forces members were targeted or killed.

While the Taliban have declared a general amnesty for former combatants, saying they would investigate cases of wrongdoing, they have not detailed legal action regarding alleged extrajudicial targeting.

This is a fine example of Pakistani extrasensational journalism at its finest.

I really wonder who gives Express Tribune and Dawn these talking points.

I read the entire article and nowhere does it mention anything specific to Pakistan. If anything, Afghanistan has bigger issues with Iran than with Pakistan.

Looks like a lot of huff and puff from the GHQ to try to create a threat out of thin air.

But remember, everything is okay in Afghanistan. Our ISI chief was in Serena Kabul having chai.

some naqli mahdi like critters here have a great talent for contradicting themselves in the same post thus exposing their monafeqat.

• I hate amreeka, I am a amreeki soldier
  • I hate amreeki ethics, I am a amreeki police man
  • I hate amreeki capitalism, I am a tycoon in amreeka
  • I hate Pakistan army it fought talis for dollars, I am captan amreeka I fought the bravest of tali soldiers
  • I am Pan-islamist Shia, effing sunnis this and that
  • I am ultra-Pakistani, can someone translate this Urdu post for me
  • I am a Shia aalim, Arabic and Farsi, what are those?

forgot this :
uber taxi driver from England lecturing us super Pakistanis (don't tell but the super pakistani history-lover is in Canada and the super islamic amrika-hater is in Amreeka being soldier,cop and tycoon)

Last edited:
some naqli mahdi like critters here have a great talent for contradicting themselves in the same post thus exposing their monafeqat.

• I hate amreeka, I am a amreeki soldier
  • I hate amreeki ethics, I am a amreeki police man
  • I hate amreeki capitalism, I am a tycoon in amreeka
  • I hate Pakistan army it fought talis for dollars, I am captan amreeka I fought the bravest of tali soldiers
  • I am Pan-islamist Shia, effing sunnis this and that
  • I am ultra-Pakistani, can someone translate this Urdu post for me
  • I am a Shia aalim, Arabic and Farsi, what are those?

forgot this :
uber taxi driver lecturing us super Pakistanis from England (don't tell but the super pakistani history-lover is in Canada and the super islamic amrika-hater is in Amreeka being soldier,cop and tycoon)

You know if I want to, I can get personal too and be efficient at it. I could easily call you a Chura whose highest form of pedigree is cleaning the streets of Pakistani cities or burying taweez in graves or performing black magic, but I’m not going to do that. I can say your family biggest accomplishment is work as a maid in some Shia family’s home but I won’t go there, even though ironically enough, my wife’s family has Christian maids.

I have respect for the Christians of Pakistan as they have to put up with a lot so I won’t insult their community because of one idiot who can’t control his emotions.

The other things you’ve said about me, you’re right, I can’t read Urdu, Farsi, or Arabic, but it does not mean I cannot speak Urdu and Arabic.

I’m not a tycoon, just been successful Alhamdillah. Yes I am a soldier. I fight where I’m told and win where I fight. That gives me the right to speak on many things only a shudra cum Nasara can only dream of.

You have the right to chime in Pakistani affairs but we don’t? You alluded to me being an Indian to another Indian member. I’m a thoroughbred Pakistani through and through.

@Warking was correct that we need to get rid of all fifth columnists. You are the perfect example of what he was talking about.

@Sayfullah @AlKardai hey boys, our crusader buddy here thinks we gave up our rights to speak on Pakistani affairs because we live in the kufar/ secula west. Just wanted to tag you.

You know if I want to, I can get personal too and be efficient at it. I could easily call you a Chura whose highest form of pedigree is cleaning the streets of Pakistani cities or burying taweez in graves or performing black magic, but I’m not going to do that. I can say your family biggest accomplishment is work as a maid in some Shia family’s home but I won’t go there, even though ironically enough, my wife’s family has Christian maids.

I have respect for the Christians of Pakistan as they have to put up with a lot so I won’t insult their community because of one idiot who can’t control his emotions.

The other things you’ve said about me, you’re right, I can’t read Urdu, Farsi, or Arabic, but it does not mean I cannot speak Urdu and Arabic.

I’m not a tycoon, just been successful Alhamdillah. Yes I am a soldier. I fight where I’m told and win where I fight. That gives me the right to speak on many things only a shudra cum Nasara can only dream of.

You have the right to chime in Pakistani affairs but we don’t? You alluded to me being an Indian to another Indian member. I’m a thoroughbred Pakistani through and through.

@Warking was correct that we need to get rid of all fifth columnists. You are the perfect example of what he was talking about.

@Sayfullah @AlKardai hey boys, our crusader buddy here thinks we gave up our rights to speak on Pakistani affairs because we live in the kufar/ secula west. Just wanted to tag you.
lying, unparh, monafeq from amreeka will destroy Pakistanis, yeah right. if @waz wasn't smitten with you (and/or if you were not part of this unholy alliance), you'd have been deleted nevermind your Pakistan-conquering pajeet fantasies.

you are one stupid pajeet, how can you not remember what you write from one post to the next or even same post if it gets a bit too long.

you have 100s of rule-breaking posts, yet here you are, still stinking up the place, even that there LeGenD guy will not dare warn you (cept once to look impartial)

here is a small sample of your foul-mouth fantasies

Untitled.png

1AA_.png

2AA_.png

3AA_.png

4AA_.png

5AA_.png

6AA_.png

7AA_.png

8AA_.png

9AA_.png

and if you still refuse to shut your foul hendu mouth, I shall repost all your filth unless you get one of your butt-buddies here to permanently ban me

Last edited:
lying unparh monafeq from amreeka will destroy Pakistanis, yeah right. if @waz wasn't smitten with you (and/or if you were not part of this unholy alliance), you'd have been deleted nevermind your Pakistan-conquering pajeet fantasies.

you are one stupid pajeet, how can you not remember what you write from one post to the next or even same post if it gets a bit too long.

you have 100s of rule-breaking post yet here you are still stinking up the place, even that there LeGenD guy will not dare warn you (cept once to look impartial)

View attachment 927287

View attachment 927288

View attachment 927289

View attachment 927290

View attachment 927291

View attachment 927292
View attachment 927293
View attachment 927294
View attachment 927295
View attachment 927296

and if you still refuse to shut your foul hendu mouth, I shall repost all your filth unless you get one of your butt-buddies here to permanently ban me

You sound like a jealous ex gf. Hell knows no fury like a woman scorn.

You okay? I don’t deny any of the above. You sound like a schizo patient. Bro, don’t mess with me. I’ll hang you to a proverbial cross like your faux Roman hero.

And yeah, you should get banned for badmouthing Waz. He’s one of the most impartial admin here.

What’s wrong with you? Let’s just agree to disagree. I’m sure we both don’t want to get perma banned. Take care Michael Lal

Last edited:
Pakistan must stop overflights by US drones.

Never be a proxy for other peoples war.

lying unparh monafeq from amreeka will destroy Pakistanis, yeah right. if @waz wasn't smitten with you (and/or if you were not part of this unholy alliance), you'd have been deleted nevermind your Pakistan-conquering pajeet fantasies.

you have 100s of rule-breaking post yet here you are still stinking up the place, even that there LeGenD guy will not dare warn you (cept once to look impartial)

View attachment 927287

View attachment 927288

View attachment 927289

View attachment 927290

View attachment 927291

View attachment 927292
View attachment 927293
View attachment 927294
View attachment 927295
View attachment 927296

literally called you a chura just because you are Cristian, disgusting
dude really needs to control his potty mouth

Do these animals know how to use computers on hi tech air defence system

For doing it education required which these are against

literally called you a chura just because you are Christian, disgusting
with the tacit approval if not outright encouragement of PDF management. the other day he was abusing that there Neelo from canada when neelo finally retorted by saying that "don't blow yourself up". this one complained and instead of giving him a warning waz admonished Neelo.

regarding him repeatedly calling me a churha; this waz knows full well that it is not just the achhut who are Christians in Pakistan, there are Pukhtuns, jatts and other zaats too. but what can you do this is one messed-up place. pajeets masquerading as learned Shian e Ali from Pakistan (despite not knowing the 3 languages most essential to be an Islamic scholar/marja in Pakistan. also not knowing that according to real Shian e Ali, Jesus was not a Roman hero but one of their Prophets named Eesa).

Last edited:
Pakistan must stop overflights by US drones.

Never be a proxy for other peoples war.
I agree with you, but its seems Pakistan is too broke to do what you're saying, now its begging US to "restart military sales and financing"...that means Pakistan is already short on shells for an INdian war scenario..Pakistan should avoid getting "UKraine'd"

Shian e Ali from Pakistan (despite not knowing the 3 languages most essential to be an Islamic scholar/marja in Pakistan. also not knowing that according to real Shian e Ali

You keep alluding to this. I’ve never said I’m a learned marja so where is this coming from? Do you speak Aramaic? Do you speak Hebrew? Considering you’re a Christian. See where I’m going with this. Be a follower of Christ and learned those languages!
Who the f***k are you to tell me what what I should about my religion. The crusader lecturing me on how to be a good Shia.

It’s Ahl-e-Shia, not Shian, crusader rat!

You lack critical thinking skills. How could I be a Shia but masquerade as a pajeet? Literally you make absolutely no sense. And yeah, I will continue to attack you as you continue attacking my identity by using underhanded comments. I believe in Prophet Isa (as). Just don’t believe in your Jesus where he was some Nordic dude who got crucified by the Romans.

literally called you a chura just because you are Cristian, disgusting

You sound emotionally weak. Oh no let me look for a safe space, this guy is saying mean things. Grow a pair! Another thing, you got your panties all tangled up at me saying incendiary things against that Christian but you’re fine with others saying stuff about Muslims and Islam here. Can’t have it both unless you’re another one of these cultural Christians here.

Last edited:
You keep alluding to this. I’ve never said I’m a learned marja so where is this coming from? Do you speak Aramaic? Do you speak Hebrew? Considering you’re a Christian. See where I’m going with this. Be a follower of Christ and learned those languages!
Who the f***k are you to tell me what what I should about my religion. The crusader lecturing me on how to be a good Shia.

You lack critical thinking skills. How could I be a Shia but masquerade as a pajeet? Literally you make absolutely no sense. And yeah, I will continue to attack you as you continue attacking my identity by using underhanded comments. I believe in Prophet Isa (as). Just don’t believe in your Jesus where he was some Nordic dude who got crucified by the Romans.

You sound emotionally weak. Oh no let me look for a safe space, this guy is saying mean things. Grow a pair! Another thing, you got your panties all tangled up at me saying incendiary things against that Christian but you’re fine with others saying stuff about Muslims and Islam here. Can’t have it both unless you’re another one of these cultural Christians here.
stop changing the posts after googling, difficult to keep track of all the changes.
deffo an ignorant bharati Pajeet

following terms are most common for Jafaari Muslims in Pakistan:
ahl e Bayt
ahl al Bayt
Ahl e tashi
Shian e Ali

Last edited:
lying, unparh, monafeq from amreeka will destroy Pakistanis, yeah right. if @waz wasn't smitten with you (and/or if you were not part of this unholy alliance), you'd have been deleted nevermind your Pakistan-conquering pajeet fantasies.

you have 100s of rule-breaking posts, yet here you are, still stinking up the place, even that there LeGenD guy will not dare warn you (cept once to look impartial)

View attachment 927287

View attachment 927288

View attachment 927289

View attachment 927290

View attachment 927291

View attachment 927292
View attachment 927293
View attachment 927294
View attachment 927295
View attachment 927296

So instead of bringing this to light in mature way you proceed to insult me not with just one post but the one following as well.
You really love digging yourself a deeper hole don’t you?
I’ll deal with all this later, him me you.

It will fk pakistan most it will be counter productive to our central asian connectivity.

Besides the article forcefully dropped Pakistan in the title.. IEA has been improving it's armed forces in all sectors
Lay down the crackpipe.

I guess the title should have said "Pakistan doing more to protect itself from IEA Airforce"

View attachment 924436

@Windjammer , what generation of fighters is the IEA mainstay and how long till we get there?
They can’t even pilot the Super Tucano crop dusters they genuine Afghan Gov left behind.

Back
Top Bottom