What's new

T20 World Cup Final: NZ vs Australia

172 / 20 over Newzeland

• Newzeland , had a slow start (Too cautious), acelerated in middle finish was so so
  • Pakistan were fast starter , slowed in middle (Unexpected caution) , finish was so so

Would be interesting to see how Newzeland will contain Warner wicket to get for Newzeland

Australians contained Babr Azam , 34 runs from 30 balls (Almost 6 overs), restricting opposing star statistically
Australians today contained Guptill 28 runs from 35 balls (Almost 7 overs),restricting opposing star statistically

• Zampa took wickets of both Babr and Guptill :big_boss:

1636904975218.png

Lot of similarities , between Semi Final and Final , will fielding be a factor ?
  • Catching
  • Positioning / Stops of boundaries :big_boss:
  • Captaining decisions
  • Bowling variation

Last edited:
I consider Pakistani bowling better than NZ and Pakistan scored more against Aussies but it was still chased down.

Australia will win unless they throw it away themselves

Spinner over carries the difference
if the Spinner's 4 over can slow down Australians

Shadab had exceptional 4 wicket haul vs Australians in Semi Final

If Spinners can deliver 2-3 Dot ball overs it is a 50-50 game

Kiwis need wickets - otherwise Aussies are walking home with the trophy

I have not seen all the teams but would it be correct to conclude Zampa and Rashid Khan best spinners of the tournament??

I have not seen all the teams but would it be correct to conclude Zampa and Rashid Khan best spinners of the tournament??
No. The last game Pakistan played against Australia - analyse Shadab Khans bowling figures

No. The last game Pakistan played against Australia - analyse Shadab Khans bowling figures

Yes. But has he been consistently economical and threatening in the tournament?

I haven't seen Group 1 at all so can't say for Zampa but Rashid wasn't very impressive. I think Sodhi and Shadab were best of group 2.

This warner guy is a small stature "Jillad" lot of power in his hitting
Quite a skinny fella but hits like he weighs 100 tons

Very Clean hitter

Gets 9 runs an over from Fast Bowlers
Gets 6.5 runs an over from Spin

Something special needed from Newzeland to get his wicket

I guess Indians and Pakistanis were too focused in the matches in their own group to see how strong Australia is.

Kind of have to feel for NZ first losing the ODI WC final due to complete Bull**** and now this final...

Australian players are just used to play on Green Pitches where balls wobble around , move in air after a bounce

The UAE pitches are a level down for them (easier) as they are pretty straight
UAE pitches are just don't offer much to bowlers

• Not much for fast bowlers
  • Hardly any spin (minimum movement)

Australians play 365 days on these Australian or UK pitches , just their reaction speed & Timing is more polished due to it
They likely feel very easy on the UAE pitches

At least the pitches in Pakistan have some turn to offer

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom