What's new

T20 World Cup Final: NZ vs Australia

Only hype.... they don't have any consistency....
And Bangladesh do? Bro they even lost to Scotland. They have a poor side at the moment. Having 12 teams would in my opinion be better - giving smaller nations a chance too

And Bangladesh do? Bro they even lost to Scotland. They have a poor side at the moment. Having 12 teams would in my opinion be better - giving smaller nations a chance too

I have not seen much of either Afghanistan or BD team play. My guess is that BD team is better overall now and into at least some next years. I say that because BD has been playing for a while, has 'resources' which Afghanistan doesn't have especially now. Yes, BD has been the bottom of the barrel in this World Cup but they had shown consistency before and took on mighty teams and beaten them. BD had almost convinced the world they were no longer the 'minnows' of world cricket.
In contrast: Afghanistan gives me impression of highly talented and powerful cricketers. But they also remind me more like the crazy Shahid Afridi of his later career who would just come to bat and close his eyes and swing his bat and got out within a few balls. In short, Afghanistan cricket team doesn't appear like a 'team' just as much as Afghanistan doesn't appear like a 'nation' to me as of now. BD is mature in comparison. And given stability, peace and resources, Afghanistan too will mature as a cricket team and as a nation--unless some other civil war takes hold there!

Back
Top Bottom