What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
A good move here. Win-win for all parties involved.

The Chinese score an export order, showing their hardware good enough to make even a NATO country acquire them

The NATO will have access to a contemporary Chinese weapon system, helping them evaluate it & develop newer counter-measures, if need be.

Yes NATO also did a REVERSE ENGINEERING on S-300 (Greece has the S-300).

What I worry about is, the version that the Chinese folks will give us won't be much effective as they are not stupit enough to give a system like HQ-9 with ToT to a country in Turkey's position...:bad:

What I worry about is, the version that the Chinese folks will give us won't be much effective as they are not stupit enough to give a system like HQ-9 with ToT to a country in Turkey's position...:bad:

Then why turkey chose HQ-9? What was not present in american or european systems that turkey chose HQ-9?

I would like to see the pro's and cons in comparison to the other systems.

I'm sure it's one question the Turkish government and experts asked many, many times. You'd think they must have made a sound decision technically and financially. But I think the biggest impact is on the political side. The Turkish government is telling the other big boys that they are an independent country who is not to be forced to buy or not to buy anything from anyone. This might get them into a little bit trouble in the near short term. But it's going to be good for the country in the long run.

For China, of course we enjoy the fact that our weapons are approved by an advanced country in Europe:yahoo: I just hope the story is true. Fingers crossed:P

Then why turkey chose HQ-9? What was not present in american or european systems that turkey chose HQ-9?

We already rely on US 100% for our airforce. Having an independant AA network was probably one of the main drivers. And I believe the capabilities of the system were secondary to the generous tech transfer we have been offered (along with 25% cheaper price tag).

What they offered was better then what our "so called" friends and allies were offering, logical result.

Friends? Countrys cant be friends! They can be allies/partners, but not friends.

Great choice - HQ-9 with TOT will most definitely benefit Turkey in many ways.

Whats the meaning of TOT?

I never thought things would pan out this way...A NATO country entrusts its main AA system to China...

Greece do the same.

What are the basis of your suspicions?

I'm sure it's one question the Turkish government and experts asked many, many times. You'd think they must have made a sound decision technically and financially. But I think the biggest impact is on the political side. The Turkish government is telling the other big boys that they are an independent country who is not to be forced to buy or not to buy anything from anyone. This might get them into a little bit trouble in the near short term. But it's going to be good for the country in the long run.

For China, of course we enjoy the fact that our weapons are approved by an advanced country in Europe:yahoo: I just hope the story is true. Fingers crossed:P

It is 100% confirmed :enjoy: As you have mentioned I also hope this will not affect our other major programs.

What are the basis of your suspicions?

Maybe Turkey being a NATO member is one :)

To tell you the truth i'm not comfortable with China sharing some of its most advanced SAM technology with a NATO country. :unsure:

You have point but China sold his weaponry to a high-end user, Nato member country. This alone proves how much China improved in Defence Industries in the International arena.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom