What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car/tank engines are cooled by the air sucked in from outside and when incoming air is at 50 C; engine cooling system needs to be extra efficient. I have driven many times on sand dunes in 4 X 4 vehicles in the Fujairah area. My vehicles were Jeep Cherokee and its engine could barely cope with long drives on sand and rocky terrain during high summer. I could manage by stopping for about 30 minute when things seem to be getting out of hand and always carried a jerry can filled with water for emergencies. Only 4 x4 that worked smoothly was Toyota Land Cruiser and that’s why it was the most popular vehicle among locals who enjoy picnicking in the deep desert.

I would assume that tank engine is no different. Problem is not so much the power of the engine but the cooling system which must be capable of taking sufficient amount of heat out to keep under- hood temperature under control even when engines is running at maximum rpm. In the UAE, some people modified their vehicles by installing larger radiators.

Understand M1 Abrams also suffered similar problem in Cholistan desert about 20 years back. In a tank where everything is enclosed, keeping a 1500 HP diesel engine sufficiently cool must present a stiff technical challenge.

In view of the problem with T-84 oplot M, I suppose Pak Army has to rely on Al Khalid which in my opinion is quite a competent tank.

The last DIGITEC image is computer generated but killer nonetheless.

Why I have heard from NORINCO guy that Pakistan will buy MBT-3000
No we have rejected MBT-3000

Seriously i thought MBT 3000 Also failed in the tests

:o::o::o::o::o:

any news about IFV??
tulpar_ifv_by_zakirakil-d69sa3s.jpg

This is the best option of IFV for us

No we have rejected MBT-3000

View attachment 247433
This is the best option of IFV for us

Pakistan's Selection criteria involves the following three Factors :

1. Transfer of Technology

2. More than 50 % to 60 % local Parts

3. Strong tank in terms of Movement, Fire Power and Protection at a good price.

The negatives with Turkish Tanks and other Weapons is High Price and lack of ToT because they themselves have borrowed Technology from Europeans and have limitations on further ToT to third Countries.

Why I have heard from NORINCO guy that Pakistan will buy MBT-3000

From what I have heard, nothing has been decided yet as negotiations are continuing. It appears now that Ukrainian Tank deal is not final as Pakistan may still be looking to develop Al Khalid further with new Modifications and Technologies.

The negatives with Turkish Tanks and other Weapons is High Price and lack of ToT because they themselves have borrowed Technology from Europeans and have limitations on further ToT to third Countries.
No only issue with Turkish weapons is that Turkey doesn't produce engine, other than that they have best machines to offer.

I have question please some knowledgeable member answer it.

If Oplot M & MBT-3000 have failed in test / trails then how come predecessors like T-80UD & AK (variant of MBT-2000) passed tests in Pakistan and become successful?

How can latest model fail when it is upgrade of previous successful model they are not automobiles they are tanks.

@Horus @waz@Zarvan

From what I have heard, nothing has been decided yet as negotiations are continuing. It appears now that Ukrainian Tank deal is not final as Pakistan may still be looking to develop Al Khalid further with new Modifications and Technologies.

Tulpar IFV(based on Altay MBT) is being offered with two different engine solutions. Scania and MTU. Rest is around related institutes' intellectual and property rights. Otokar didn't borrow any tech to develop IFV so Noone have a saying over Turkish land machines When It is agreed on transfering technologies to countries we are planning to make a deal with.

Tulpar with MTU powerpack
nn9roz.jpg

If you compare the prices of Turkish machines with Chinese equivalent, It may seen expensive but It is a wellknown fact that Turkish industry aims to offer the best level systems on less price than equivalents developed by other NATO states. In Europe, So less countries can compete with Turkey in price but China is different story to compare with us...

Which types of IFV Pakistan is in the process of evalution? Wheeled or crawler?

I have question please some knowledgeable member answer it.

If Oplot M & MBT-3000 have failed in test / trails then how come predecessors like T-80UD & AK (variant of MBT-2000) passed tests in Pakistan and become successful?

How can latest model fail when it is upgrade of previous successful model they are not automobiles they are tanks.

@Horus @waz@Zarvan

you touched the raw nerve, many people boast superiority and hiding its minus. This Question of yours will send even Tank maker into Tizzy and run under tablet.

Even T-90 Failed in hot trails and it has to modify to suit Indian hot condition needs by the Army engineers over the period of years. which later replicated in Arjun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom