What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is building and how much more time it will take? Any proto is build or only in paper ? lol

if AK-2 is building then why buying foreign tank? care to explain in what respect is superior or inferior your AK-1 with OPLOT.

As already posted by me, IMO only reason could be the price.

Understand Al-Khalid II would cost about $5-million. If we can get T-84 Oplot M for about $3.5-million per unit with similar capability; an Armoured Div with about 300 tanks results in saving out about $450-million. Lot of bucks for a cash starved country. I can't come up with any other logical explanation.

Understand Al-Khalid II would cost about $5-million. If we can get T-84 Oplot M for about $3.5-million per unit with similar capability; an Armoured Div with about 300 tanks results in saving out about $450-million. Lot of bucks for a cash starved country. I can't come up with any other logical explanation.
We need lot more than 300 T-84. We have to replace more than 1200 old Tanks like T-59 and T-69 and T-85 and others for which we are testing these Tanks. AK-2 will be our main MBT. Pakistan never depends on one Tank alone no matter How good it is. We have habit of going for three to four different types .

If price is the main factor then Chinese tanks would be more beneficial , Plus they give on soft loan?

No country try to compromise its security for few bucks. how much AK -1 Cost? is AK-1 inferior to T84 ?

If price is the main factor then Chinese tanks would be more beneficial , Plus they give on soft loan?

No country try to compromise its security for few bucks. how much AK -1 Cost? is AK-1 inferior to T84 ?
@Sulman Badshah Can answer this question

The cost of 5 million usd is way to high for AK being made in Pakistan, this shows that as per being cost effective this whole experiment of AK project is a failure.

you touched the raw nerve, many people boast superiority and hiding its minus. This Question of yours will send even Tank maker into Tizzy and run under tablet.

Even T-90 Failed in hot trails and it has to modify to suit Indian hot condition needs by the Army engineers over the period of years. which later replicated in Arjun.

I also heard in a TV program that Oplot M is very good for cold condition but it will be failure in hot conditions as it is not built for those conditions

During Ukraine crisis some western media was talking about engagement of Ukrainian Oplot-M equipped units Vs Russian Armor and it was said that earlier one got beaten in battle due to unknown reasons, is it true??

The cost of 5 million usd is way to high for AK being made in Pakistan, this shows that as per being cost effective this whole experiment of AK project is a failure.
This is because AK 1 enjoyed almost all of its electronics from EU nations (which are expensive) ...

It might be a good idea to return to the drawing board and develop a new tank platform, i.e something that accounts for the army's current needs alongside being future-proof.

The irony is that the AK-1 performed better than the OPLOT M and MBT 3000 in almost all comparative trials. They need something better than that but there seems nothing in sight. I tell u the 90MS will fail so miserably its not even funny. It has serious flaws in engine transmission and FCS system is pretty average at best. It even lacks a proper hunter killer system.

Hi,

Engine seizure is not a failure----a mechanical fault can be corrected------.

Pakistan should develop AK-2 with collaboration with Turkey, South Korea, Ukraine if possible because right tech / support form those countries can help make a new beast in class of 50 - 56 tons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom