What's new

Support Lokpal , Support Jail Bharo

Lol look at the numbers thanking the first post..and then you 3-4 guys.
Go through other Anna Hazare threads..Congress followers are not seen here much.

You got mla's in your family and you are outrightly rejecting and insulting anna hazare...does that hint towards something?;)
Btw,who asked you to change your opinion?don't get too much excited.

And this parliamentary democracy has given us the bill(lokpal) that the public has been struggling for 40 years?
Why is corruption so rampant in India despite the great parliamentary democracy!Why are so many people still poor?
Why does India have max black money in the whole world!?
Not that i m against democracy...but certain things need to be challenged.

you believe the lokpal will solve the corruption? poverty ? or even bring back black money ? do not be naive .

poverty has its origins in the social economic fabric which was prevalent for 40 yrs after our independence.

is there one country in the world free from corruption? show me that . and show me the relevance between it and the lokpal .

the reason black money exists in India is because of the high tax structure in the old days before liberalization.
yes i agree the things need to be changed . but street democracy which we are seeing is not the way to go about it . do you not see a political ambition in anna movement?
things are never black and white , when you are exposed to life a little more it will help you understand and reason better.

for instance your remark about my family members who are Mla . you are inferring that just because they are politicians so they are corrupt and by some extension . i am too and thats the reason i do not support the lokpal.
so any one who does not agree with you is wrong and corrupt? get off your high horse mate. give me points about the lokpal which you have a problem with . then discuss it . do not make baseless accusations. its this sort of an attitude that puts me off the anna campaign.

son the definition of democracy in which i live in (don't know about you) is that i can speak my mind . i am entitled to my opinion. and we can agree to disagree . Not its my way or the highway like anna and his cronies are putting forward. i believe in the parliamentary system of democracy . and yes i have a lot of relatives in the IAS also my father and grandfather retired as officers from the army . 6 of my family members are in the armed services. we even have 2 mla in our family . so do not think only you and anna have the right to be patriotic and get off your high horse .
if you have any points bring them forward and we can discuss them . but if you get personal mate you are just showing your self to be what you are.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

if you go through the thread you will realize you are in a minority :)

One needs to have balls to disclose his family background in a topic like this,hats off.

And since we have begun I'd like to say my father too was an IAS officer.

Going through the thread there seems a genuine concern about " Who will monitor the monitors".

Going through the thread there seems a genuine concern about " Who will monitor the monitors".

of course what team anna wants is that every one should be below the lokpal . and thay should be answerable to no one .
ask any team anna member in this forum about the differences between their version and the governments version and they are not able to respond . people seem to follow anna as if he is a savior without questioning any of his comments.
are we not educated? have we not got the powers to reason? then why do we need to follow this man without any questions?

One needs to have balls to disclose his family background in a topic like this,hats off.

And since we have begun I'd like to say my father too was an IAS officer.

i believe i told a lot of members here about me . but what got my goat is this kid who makes a personal attack on another member Big boss , and later on me , saying i am against this cuz my family member is a politician.

what support is anna talking about? if you look at numbers at the peak of the agitation in august he got not more then 10 lac people on the street , that too in all the cities in india.
Now take an MP he is elected by at least 15 lac people . and there are 543 members in the house.

as for the jail bharo , its one thing to sign up for it over the net , another to actually to go to prison . these people seem to have a romantic notion of prison . i know what prison is . was put away for a while , in judicial custody and even police custody .
some time i feel Indians do not support anna for the lokpal, just because he is taking on the government , we all like to see the mighty fall .

you believe the lokpal will solve the corruption? poverty ? or even bring back black money ? do not be naive .

poverty has its origins in the social economic fabric which was prevalent for 40 yrs after our independence.

is there one country in the world free from corruption? show me that . and show me the relevance between it and the lokpal .

the reason black money exists in India is because of the high tax structure in the old days before liberalization.
yes i agree the things need to be changed . but street democracy which we are seeing is not the way to go about it . do you not see a political ambition in anna movement?
things are never black and white , when you are exposed to life a little more it will help you understand and reason better.

for instance your remark about my family members who are Mla . you are inferring that just because they are politicians so they are corrupt and by some extension . i am too and thats the reason i do not support the lokpal.
so any one who does not agree with you is wrong and corrupt? get off your high horse mate. give me points about the lokpal which you have a problem with . then discuss it . do not make baseless accusations. its this sort of an attitude that puts me off the anna campaign.
Duh,whos saying lokpal will bring down poverty?I m talking about the 'parliamentary democracy!" that you are boasting off.
And there can't be a single bill with which corruption can be tackled instantly but it can be done in parts...if Lokpal solves even 30-40% corruption problem,shouldn't we go for it?

And i m confused...why are all those with their family members in government sector coming out against Anna!:cheesy:
HT survey showed 86% to be with Anna...so its pretty good,i think the crowd didn't come currently because there is no specific reason atm,the parliament is discussing the bill..once the public knows whats the final outcome you ll see the countrywide revolution just like in August,even when Anna came at Jantar mantar,when their was uncertainity over even introduction of the bill ,the public did come out.

of course what team anna wants is that every one should be below the lokpal . and thay should be answerable to no one .
ask any team anna member in this forum about the differences between their version and the governments version and they are not able to respond . people seem to follow anna as if he is a savior without questioning any of his comments.
are we not educated? have we not got the powers to reason? then why do we need to follow this man without any questions?
Not everyone from A to Z should be under lokpal,thats something that Team Anna should work up on,they did agree for a separate judicial accountability bill.
But on its pretext you can't defend the government.. 1 year in jail for a corrupt official and 2 years in jail for the complainant if the complaint doesn't hold! Great bill?
Why doesn't the government give up its control on CBI?It used it against Jagan Mohan reddy as soon as he turned against Congress,uses against Mayawati,Narendra Modi etc.
While protecting P Chidambram...guess what...a finance minister doesn't have a clue about a 1.76 lac crore scam occurring under his tenure!

This nation is going nowhere...people like you don't have the balls to do something and when someone gives up his life's requirements and becomes selfless you can't stop insulting him let alone support.

Duh,whos saying lokpal will bring down poverty?I m talking about the 'parliamentary democracy!" that you are boasting off.
And there can't be a single bill with which corruption can be tackled instantly but it can be done in parts...if Lokpal solves even 30-40% corruption problem,shouldn't we go for it?

And i m confused...why are all those with their family members in government sector coming out against Anna!:cheesy:
HT survey showed 86% to be with Anna...so its pretty good,i think the crowd didn't come currently because there is no specific reason atm,the parliament is discussing the bill..once the public knows whats the final outcome you ll see the countrywide revolution just like in August,even when Anna came at Jantar mantar,when their was uncertainity over even introduction of the bill ,the public did come out.

OK lets debate the points . you are an anna supporter , lets hear what you have a problem with when it comes to the government lokpal bill.
don't give me generalizations . just points to back up your argument .
in my previous post i have pointed out the numbers he is supported by . so that point of yours is moot.
lets see if you , a follower of anna have any idea about what he is talking about .
and this is the last time i will tell you before i report you stop bringing families into it .

Will you be marked for life if you join Anna’s ‘jail bharo’?

73,500 and counting: that’s the number of people across India who have signed up until now for the “jail bharo andolan” (fill-the-jails protest) for three days from 30 December to demand a strong Lokpal Bill and to express solidarity with Anna Hazare’s fast.

The innovative campaign, launched by India Against Corruption, the nodal agency that has been pitching for a Jan Lokpal Bill, has harnessed the power of the Internet by asking anyone who intends to participate to “register” on the jailchalo.com website.

It’s hard to say if everyone who registers will actually get down to it when the campaign begins on Friday, but the proud declarations on Twitter by many who have signed up appears to suggest that there is sufficient bottom-up exuberance to be part of what is undeniably one of the more momentous political campaigns in recent years.

So long as the jail bharo agitation is peaceful, it may have nothing to fear from the law. Reuters
It’s one thing to rage on social media platforms or even to turn up for candle-light vigils and protests, the popular expressions of political awakening among what is derisively dismissed as the middle class. Those are the easy, cop-out ways of aligning oneself to a political cause.

However, for so many people to offer to court arrest in support of a cause that, in their reckoning, is big enough to shape the destiny of the nation points to a commitment of a much higher order. Remember, also, that this is profile of protestors likely come from a socio-economic background where ‘going to jail’ taints them for life

However noble the cause, and however deep the passion, the decision to court arrest cannot be taken lightly. The reasons for that go beyond just the perceptions of “social stigma” that adheres itself when you get mixed up with law.

On her blog, media commentator Harini Calamur flags the real-world consequences that might accrue from going to jail. Since the right to protest peacefully is protected by the Constitution, going to jail implies wilful violation of some law, she argues.

“For all the youngsters, who in your idealism want to break the law and get to prison, a small reminder. IF you go to jail, you…may…end up with a criminal record. That record stays for ever and ever and ever. It will come into play when you apply for a job, your passport, want to go abroad to study or work. I am not sure if it will impact a bank loan – but I am not sure that the banks will give a loan to someone who had a record….No one will tell you this, because it suits them not to. For those proposing jail bharo – you are a head count. For the media, you are drama.”

Calamur’s case for reflection on the part of adrenaline-driven youngsters before they commit themselves to this campaign and “fill the jails” is hard to contest. Yet, not being trained in law, she perhaps overstated the risks from participation in a campaign such as this.

For a legal perspective on the circumstances of a campaign such as this and its implications for participants, one turns to Spread Law, a legal blog committed to spreading legal awareness in India.

On it, founder Sumit Nagpal lays out a case for why, so long as the jail bharo protest is peaceful, there is no reason for protestors to be afraid of the law – or the consequences. “Peaceful protest is a form of civil disobedience and cannot attract heavy criminal action,” notes Nagpal. And as Anna Hazare has repeatedly made clear, he wishes the movement to remain peaceful, irrespective of the provocations it may face.

Even the other risks that Calamur flagged – of consequences in the event of applying for a job or a visa or a passport – appear to be overstated. “In case of any job application or a visa application, you will only be asked if you have been convicted for any offence or not,” reasons Nagpal. “”And conviction is different from being arrested.”

In cases such as this, a person will merely be taken into custody for preventive purposes – and will likely be let off after an undertaking that he/she shall not breach public peace and tranquility. “So a person is not convicted (and) one doesn’t need to mention about this in any job application or any other such application,” counsels Nagpal.

None of this, of course, should be construed as legal advice or as free-wheeling counsel to embrace the protest movement, particularly since no individual participant will be in control of the overall dynamics of the protest. In any case, that is a decision for each individual to make. Yet, both sides of the argument are presented here for greater illumination on the subject since not everyone may be familiar with the law.

Even so, going by the enthusiasm that many of the people who have signed on for the jail bharo campaign have exhibited – as exemplified by this message – it appears that they see it as a chance for them to be a part of a milestone moment in India’s history.

Will you be marked for life if you join Anna

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Anna-Hazare-funny-Cartoon-pics-images-wallpapers.jpg

Not everyone from A to Z should be under lokpal,thats something that Team Anna should work up on,they did agree for a separate judicial accountability bill.
But on its pretext you can't defend the government.. 1 year in jail for a corrupt official and 2 years in jail for the complainant if the complaint doesn't hold! Great bill?
Why doesn't the government give up its control on CBI?It used it against Jagan Mohan reddy as soon as he turned against Congress,uses against Mayawati,Narendra Modi etc.
While protecting P Chidambram...guess what...a finance minister doesn't have a clue about a 1.76 lac crore scam occurring under his tenure!

This nation is going nowhere...people like you don't have the balls to do something and when someone gives up his life's requirements and becomes selfless you can't stop insulting him let alone support.

till date team anna want the judiciary under them and are inflexible about it .
how can the government give the CBI which is under it one of the institution of India to a body not accountable to any one?
as for PC issues the court is hearing it , and is not been impressed by swamys arguments . are you above the supreme court? have you been placed with more facts about this than them?

why not join up the andolan and get your self arrested to prove to us your ball's?

I think people are beating about the wrong bush here.

Lokpal is a good distraction from major issues facing the country.

If you don't want corruption to exit [utopian idea, but we can get close to it], bring about Police reforms, Judicial reforms and transparency into the system. All the people involved : Anna and his team, politicians; keep on diverting from this.

If you put in transparency and accountability in the system, the corruption will reduce drastically.
A good example is RTI. If someone is doing something wrong, its can be brought into the public domain.

Also people are discounting the fact that the resent scandals that have been disclosed, it was done by CAG, who is appointed by the Govt.

What people try to discount is what if the Lokpal himself is corrupt. Then what are you going to do?
People are considering this like a movie, where good guys remain good for their lifetime and bad ones remain bad forever.
Its not the reality friends. That is a childish way of thinking. Doesn't imply that I'm too old :cheesy:, but got a taste of reality early in life.

If you disagree with me, its totally fine as you are entitled to your opinion. Just don't rob us of our freedom here to speak freely and don't accuse us of being corrupt or supporting a political party. I earn my livelihood from our family farms mate.

till date team anna want the judiciary under them and are inflexible about it .
how can the government give the CBI which is under it one of the institution of India to a body not accountable to any one?
as for PC issues the court is hearing it , and is not been impressed by swamys arguments . are you above the supreme court? have you been placed with more facts about this than them?

why not join up the andolan and get your self arrested to prove to us your ball's?
Argh,what can i say now...they agreed for a separate judicial accountability bill.
There main 3 points on which the sense of the house was made and a resolution was passed(again violated by the government) were
Citizens charter
Lower bureaucracy
Lokayuktas in states

The parliament agreed and the government didn't stand up to the parliaments expectations.

Don't give the CBI under lokpal but why the hell aren't they freeing it?CBI itself wants it!

as for PC,the court isn't impressed?maybe stop lying i have followed all the events related to it and the court has even asked Swami not to bring in the eyewitnesses,it might issue a summon on the basis of Swami's proofs!Wait on till 7th jan.

And i did join the andolan when it was in Delhi,wasn't arrested,can't do anything!BTW,you do know how the movement spread in August from Guwahati to Surat and from Jammu to Kerela.
Dabbawala in Mumbai! and what not. Just wait,let the people get a reason to revolt,lets see what kinda bill is passed.

@those who say parliament is supreme body in this nation please look at this video , so you guys say that these fools have the ultimate authority to decide our countries future .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are beating about the wrong bush here.

Lokpal is a good distraction from major issues facing the country.

If you don't want corruption to exist [utopian idea, but we can get close to it], bring about Police reforms, Judicial reforms and transparency into the system. All the people involved : Anna and his team, politicians; keep on diverting from this.

If you put in transparency and accountability in the system, the corruption will reduce drastically.
A good example is RTI. If someone is doing something wrong, its can be brought into the public domain.

Also people are discounting the fact that the resent scandals that have been disclosed, it was done by CAG, who is appointed by the Govt.

What people try to discount is what if the Lokpal himself is corrupt. Then what are you going to do?
People are considering this like a movie, where good guys remain good for their lifetime and bad ones remain bad forever.
Its not the realty friends. That is a childish way of thinking. Doesn't imply that I'm too old :cheesy:, but got a taste of reality early in life.

If you disagree with me, its totally fine as you are entitled to your opinion. Just don't rob us of our freedom here to speak freely and don't accuse us of being corrupt or supporting a political party. I earn my livelihood from our family farms mate.
I think you can apply a simple logic here...Lokpal will be such a huge personality that it will think a lac times before it goes corrupt..just like a prime minister.A Prime minister wouldn't do corrupt acts.
And Controller and Auditor General(CAG) doesn't tackle the day to day problems of the people.

Back
Top Bottom