What's new

Suggestions for a good Home theater system in India under 100k INR

hifimart.com

u can purchase system from here ....u can also browse the hifivision forum for learning the HT setup details.

if u r an audiophile u req
1)preAmplifier
2)Amplifier
3)AV reciever
4)Speakers
5)Audio/Video Source

best way is to try and Audition different equipment and mix & match acc to your prefrence

few of the top brand are
1)Yamaha
2)Denon
3)Wharfdale
4)Onkyo

for high end:-
Polk Audio
KEF
Deftech
many more

i purchased Polk Audio RTi A7 last month for music( floor stander are best for Music):smitten: paired with my denon 1713

profx.com/polk_rti_series.asp

u can try this for HT:-

hifivision.com/group-buys-deals/36504-wharfedale-moviestar-ms-100-hcp-av-receiver-home-theatre-package.html

later add floor standers for music

Very happy to see a HT Enthu on PDF:cheers:

hifimart.com

u can purchase system from here ....u can also browse the hifivision forum for learning the HT setup details.

1)preAmplifier
2)Amplifier
3)AV reciever
4)Speakers
5)Audio/Video Source

best way is to try and Audition different equipment and mix & match acc to your prefrence

few of the top brand are
1)Yamaha
2)Denon
3)Wharfdale
4)Onkyo

Polk Audio
KEF
Deftech
many more

i purchased Polk Audio RTi A7 last month for music( floor stander are best for Music):smitten: paired with my denon 1713

hifivision.com/group-buys-deals/36504-wharfedale-moviestar-ms-100-hcp-av-receiver-home-theatre-package.html

looks like you registered in for this post.

hifimart.com

1)preAmplifier
2)Amplifier
3)AV reciever
4)Speakers
5)Audio/Video Source

few of the top brand are
1)Yamaha
2)Denon
3)Wharfdale
4)Onkyo

Polk Audio
KEF
Deftech
many more

Tanks for this, but then I'm confused between an amp a preamp and an avr. Do I need all the three?

Btw, your setup with Denon avr and the Polk speakers cost you how much?

I can't find the price and a place where I can buy that denon avr... Appreciate your help..

I have a Logitech Z-5500 THX certified surround sound speakers (Dolby 5.1) hooked up to my TV/PS3

it's a 500 watt RMS system; enough to rattle the ceiling and windows and shake things off my desk

i got it brand new for about $320 so you do the math......best speakers i've ever owned --- they are LOUD but crisp....can put out shyt load of bass too if you're also into that kinda stuff

tats a damn good speaker.i had checked it out some years back but never bought it coz i am happy with my 2.1 creative.i think its very portable and quite easy for me to carry around when am out of country.

@Luftwaffe has a point.

I'd rather put that 100,000 and get a bigger and better Samsung Smart 3D TV or just Smart TV. They have deafening sound as it is. I don't understand the point of whole home theater in this day and age.

If it's for music and stuff get one 2000W sub-woofer and 2 good speakers from Logitech or something for your bedroom, that shouldn't cost you more than £30 so roughly about 3000 Rs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to spend 1 lakh you are better off having your room sound proofed for HT. Give your room dimensions also.

I know Onkyo has a 7.1 THX certified system for around Rs. 50,000, this would be perfect for a medium sized room and casual HT usage.

Or you can buy a receiver separately from Denon, Onkyo or Harman Kardon, buy separate speakers from B&W, JBL, KEF, Polk or Infinity, I'll only recommend this if you have an AC and have a sound proofed room.

Tanks for this, but then I'm confused between an amp a preamp and an avr. Do I need all the three?

I can't find the price and a place where I can buy that denon avr... Appreciate your help..

Depends on what kind of listener you are, you probably won't get that kind of setup utilizing all three for 1 lakh. AVR is an audio/video receiver which has an amplifier in it, you can connect all your audio/video sources to this and use it to switch between the sources to view or listen.

BTW what do you have for your PC, if you tell us this, it'll give us an indication of what kind of quality of sound you are used to.

If you are in Hyderabad, there are few shops near Somajiguda circle which sell Denon avrs.

Dont know abt u guys but i have a sony bravia home theater.. DAV-DZ BRAVIA home theatre system and a 52 inch led tv.

Hi, I really don't know why would you want home theater for playing movies-videos and gaming on very high pitched volume to bother neighbors? I find it ridiculous home theater in 2013 it is slowly exiting. You LED TV has sufficient volume to surround the room with quality sound believe me I have tried home theaters and different TV systems I have come to the conclusion unless you are someone who spends 24/7 in bedroom/tv lounge with food then it makes sense otherwise waste of money and more than anything purposeless coming from someone who has done all the home work has three different setups in home without "home theater".

Good Point. I will tell my children not to waste money on this(who have been after me since one month for home theater).

tats a damn good speaker.i had checked it out some years back but never bought it coz i am happy with my 2.1 creative.i think its very portable and quite easy for me to carry around when am out of country.

i dont really like creative...too underpowered. but for simple gaming or basic sound its not bad at all

im a bass junkie.....i have problems

you should see what i have in the trunk of the car :laugh:

but like i said - those Logitechs are Dolby THX certified speakers....its one of the most powerful full surround sound speakers you will buy without paying tens of thousans of dollars for higher end tower speakers which sell almost 200 per tower --and it takes at least 4 towers to do full surround so you do the math

and you can mount them on the wall around you, they arent too much big

Denon Avr costed me 32k INR which i use with Wharfedale DX-1 Home Theatre.............total package costed 72k..price might have reduced now:enjoy:

Polk Audio rti A7 for 55k INR.

for a decent HT u may drop the preamp and Amp idea......its meant for a Audiophile who likes to listen every single variance in Vocals and music note or for Videophile who like to watching films with there home shaking with the sound and bass blast.

u can improve HT experience by improving Acoustics of your room..it does help a lot ( /watch?v=cp56A6TcL1E) see this for proof...for more knowledge use hifivision forum.

u can go for a decent projector instead , to increase the Enjoy quotient of your movie watching.u can get a decent projector from 30k-50k INR or import from US from Amazon or best buy & ship it thru ishopinternational.com

Denon AVR u can order from Hifimart or in mumbai----99 beats or 5.1 sound in nerul, Navi Mumbai

Authorised dealer list:- denonasia.com/ap/dealers/pages/distributorlist.aspx

do purchase with bill and warranty as electronics are prone to betray us more often than not

if you are going for only music setup then go for Integrated amp (best is Marantz) and speaker with atleast 6 ohm(not below 4or even 4, put too much burden on amplifier) impedance....8 Ohm impedance best. And use FLAC for source:smitten:

for more go to the forum .....its a vast sea of knowledge:cheers:

8 ohm?? nahhhhh

back in Pakistan I had a Vitz and I was running a 2000 watt rms class-D amp (Hifonics Brutus) at 0.5 ohm stable (with 2 kinetic batteries and 0 gauge wiring) no problems.

suffice to say - the aunties next door were not happy with me and complained to my father :lol:

for house audio - if you want to be really creative then yes go for an amp like Marantz or Yamaha and then see if you can get new or used Garcia Vega full range speakers (tweeter, mid range and subwoofer) all in one tower. Get 4 of those towers or get 2 for the front 2 channels and then find some other speakers like Bose to hang up on the wall and ceilings

really depends on what you need it for.....for just movies or games and shyt you dont need to spend much to have good surround sound. But if you like loud music and azz-load of bass then just do what i said

trust me, i know this stuff i've been doing it for years and wasted too much money on this brainless hobby; and that includes car audio SPL competitions and stuff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom