What's new

Suggestions for a good Home theater system in India under 100k INR

SamantK

Reaction score
Country
India
I am planning to buy a Home Theater for my home, have a 46" LED TV.

What are the best brands, heard Bose is too expensive.. Yamaha, Onkyo?

Any thing under one lakh is fine, +10K is also fine :D

From my experience - Home theater systems are overhyped - had a bose system with sony receiver but gave it away - better buck for the bang would be bar speakers which won't cost much.

Sorry mate - I myself going through the research - it is primarily for my TV but want to hook up MP3 players or Ipod or Ipad and wireless is what I am looking for. I heard Sonos and Samsung are better but do not take my word on this.
I will post it here if I find any good ones :tup:

if you have enough room you can go for a avr+5.1 speakers.
with 1 Lakh budget you can get a damn good 7.1/ channel avr(denon, yamaha etc) and tower speakers on front, book shelf on rear. if you are short of space there are small speakers also.
there is one Indian brand which is wireless

Violet 5.1 Wireless Surround Sound System Price In India, Coupons and Specifications.. Delivery available in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune and Chennai

if you have enough room you can go for a avr+5.1 speakers.
with 1 Lakh budget you can get a damn good 7.1/ channel avr(denon, yamaha etc) and tower speakers on front, book shelf on rear. if you are short of space there are small speakers also.
there is one Indian brand which is wireless

Violet 5.1 Wireless Surround Sound System Price In India, Coupons and Specifications.. Delivery available in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune and Chennai

Presently in a rented home, the hall is not that big but average. However can you tell me of some of "avr(denon, yamaha etc)" models you would recommend?

Presently in a rented home, the hall is not that big but average. However can you tell me of some of "avr(denon, yamaha etc)" models you would recommend?

brands often change models quickly so you need to compare features and buy

Reviews | whathifi.com
this link got reviews.
as a general guided
don't go for htib systems they are cheap and comes with passive sub woofers.
sound bars,boss speakers will not give the performance of dedicated full systems.

onkyo avr tend to over heat.
I prefer denon, I own 1612 model, you can go for higher models.
spend 60% money on speakers.

when selecting avr and speakers separate you need to match the 'ohm 'of speakers and avr, you can Google it and also can take the assistance of sales guy.
btw are you from Bangalore ?

Try Harmon Kardom. I loved it when I had it in US. Definitely more bang for the buck than Bose IMO.

The biggest problem with a full Home Theater system is the amount of wiring. You have to conceal a lot wires. Have you heard of the Bose Solo? It would be your best bet and sit below your TV.

Hi, I really don't know why would you want home theater for playing movies-videos and gaming on very high pitched volume to bother neighbors? I find it ridiculous home theater in 2013 it is slowly exiting. You LED TV has sufficient volume to surround the room with quality sound believe me I have tried home theaters and different TV systems I have come to the conclusion unless you are someone who spends 24/7 in bedroom/tv lounge with food then it makes sense otherwise waste of money and more than anything purposeless coming from someone who has done all the home work has three different setups in home without "home theater".

dude there are many forums for tech related enquiries better search erodov or thinkdigit u might get a good response dont spoil this forum

Hi, I really don't know why would you want home theater for playing movies-videos and gaming on very high pitched volume to bother neighbors? I find it ridiculous home theater in 2013 it is slowly exiting. You LED TV has sufficient volume to surround the room with quality sound believe me I have tried home theaters and different TV systems I have come to the conclusion unless you are someone who spends 24/7 in bedroom/tv lounge with food then it makes sense otherwise waste of money and more than anything purposeless coming from someone who has done all the home work has three different setups in home without "home theater".

sir it's not about the volume but about getting surround sound, for that you have to have good avr which process true hd sound, blue ray player with hdmi connection, and speakers which capable of re producing minute details of sound with clarity.

sir it's not about the volume but about getting surround sound, for that you have to have good bvr which process true hd sound, blue ray player, and speakers which capable of re producing minute details of sound with clarity.

You can calibrate rightly your LED TV. Don't the sellers of brand tells your 3D LED TV with all hoopla about it's sound system if in the end you are going for a home theater system then the brand has already failed you to introduce anything good in that LED TV its not just about picture. You get what I am saying and if you want to spend anything then go for BOSE wireless, you will find much better than anything on the market in 100,000 indian rupees good luck.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom