What's new

Suggestions for a good Home theater system in India under 100k INR

You can calibrate rightly your LED TV. Don't the sellers of brand tells your 3D LED TV with all hoopla about it's sound system if in the end you are going for a home theater system then the brand has already failed you to introduce anything good in that LED TV its not just about picture. You get what I am saying and if you want to spend anything then go for BOSE wireless, you will find much better than anything on the market in 100,000 indian rupees good luck.

led tv is all about picture clarity, not much about sound, not at all about surround sound, (all those advertisement about pro logic surround sound etc are not good in reality ) boss sh agree is a good brand, not for value for money, and for music mostly, what I am talking about is professional movies surround sound solutions for who wants to experience true HD surround sound directly from blue ray. there are good reputed brands like polk audio,jamo,klipsch etc, when matched with a good avr(denon,yamaha,etc) they will give superior performance.

Creative MegaWorks 5.1 THX 550 Active 5.1 Acoustic System
thx.jpg
all.jpg

led tv is all about picture clarity, not much about sound, not at all about surround sound, (all those advertisement about pro logic surround sound etc are not good in reality

I will have to disagree with you its no more 90s its 2013 LED TVs have their own quality in sound that would be a suicidal for a company to falsely claim about sound and just come up with good picture. I have currently 2 Samsung LED TV and 1 Panasonic LCD I am pretty much into gaming-movies-music and have setup 10GB database of movies-tv series streaming so i know sound systems are useless it will die soon just as plasma tvs or 3d tvs. You don't have to watch news and turn on sound surround system or home theater system so if 70% of the time its turned off then I am sorry no point in spending upon it. Being a sane person I would invest into my LED/OLED TV and use better calibration for sound and volume to enjoy the experience.
Good night its 3.16am here.

even though connection to tv is possible, it is mainly for computer systems and not as good as pro speakers.

I will have to disagree with you its no more 90s its 2013 LED TVs have their own quality in sound that would be a suicidal for a company to falsely claim about sound and just come up with good picture. I have currently 2 Samsung LED TV and 1 Panasonic LCD I am pretty much into gaming-movies-music and have setup 10GB database of movies-tv series streaming so i know sound systems are useless it will die soon just as plasma tvs or 3d tvs. You don't have to watch news and turn on sound surround system or home theater system so if 70% of the time its turned off then I am sorry no point in spending upon it. Being a sane person I would invest into my LED/OLED TV and use better calibration for sound and volume to enjoy the experience.
Good night its 3.16am here.

I think you are confused sound clarity with surround sound effects in movie.
yes I agree that most of the time tv speakers are sufficient except for movies with surround sound track, so it's a personal choice according to ones taste and how much they watch movies.

lol.u must be joking.creative is the number 1 in affordable sound systems.plus its thx certified.I guess u havent used creative yet.go n have a demo ,coz chances are high that you will end up buying it.

lol.u must be joking.creative is the number 1 in affordable sound systems.plus its thx certified.I guess u havent used creative yet.go n have a demo ,coz chances are high that you will end up buying it.

I know what is creative and I had it. creative and others can't process, pass through true HD surround sound which is present in blue ray disc, you need true HD processing power and hdmi connection for that.

Philips - 5.1 Home theater 3D Angled Speakers HDMI 1080p - HTS5530/94 - 5.1 Home theater - Home cinema sound - Sound and vision

ok how abt this.no need for a signal converter in betwn tv and speaker,u can connect hdmi directly .only thing is i dnt knw hw good this philips sounds.lol

this systems are good for low budget solutions, the guy who started the thread has a 1 lakh budget then why suggest low quality brands like Philips with low quality processor and cheap speakers.
best solution is avr+ professional speakers if you have a budget and watch lot of movies,.

Speakers
this shop is located in Bangalore and gives best price in Bangalore compared to other shops.
if you still wants better price search in olx etc , there are guys who sell new products but with out warranty.

dude there are many forums for tech related enquiries better search erodov or thinkdigit u might get a good response dont spoil this forum

Spoil :woot:

Thanks, but don't need your advise...

Hi, I really don't know why would you want home theater for playing movies-videos and gaming on very high pitched volume to bother neighbors? I find it ridiculous home theater in 2013 it is slowly exiting. You LED TV has sufficient volume to surround the room with quality sound believe me I have tried home theaters and different TV systems I have come to the conclusion unless you are someone who spends 24/7 in bedroom/tv lounge with food then it makes sense otherwise waste of money and more than anything purposeless coming from someone who has done all the home work has three different setups in home without "home theater".

I'm not going to play at a very high volume, sometimes only. However at low volumes the clarity is what I'm looking at. My TV does not come close to what I have on my PC, the reason I want to go for a home theater.

I don't spend 24/7 on my laptop too but that is no reason to take a desktop..

brands often change models quickly so you need to compare features and buy

Reviews | whathifi.com
this link got reviews.
as a general guided
don't go for htib systems they are cheap and comes with passive sub woofers.
sound bars,boss speakers will not give the performance of dedicated full systems.

onkyo avr tend to over heat.
I prefer denon, I own 1612 model, you can go for higher models.
spend 60% money on speakers.

when selecting avr and speakers separate you need to match the 'ohm 'of speakers and avr, you can Google it and also can take the assistance of sales guy.
btw are you from Bangalore ?

I live in Hyderabad

I have a Logitech Z-5500 THX certified surround sound speakers (Dolby 5.1) hooked up to my TV/PS3

it's a 500 watt RMS system; enough to rattle the ceiling and windows and shake things off my desk

i got it brand new for about $320 so you do the math......best speakers i've ever owned --- they are LOUD but crisp....can put out shyt load of bass too if you're also into that kinda stuff

I have a Logitech Z-5500 THX certified surround sound speakers (Dolby 5.1) hooked up to my TV/PS3

it's a 500 watt RMS system; enough to rattle the ceiling and windows and shake things off my desk

i got it brand new for about $320 so you do the math......best speakers i've ever owned --- they are LOUD but crisp....can put out shyt load of bass too if you're also into that kinda stuff

Will look into it mate :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom