What's new

Planning to purchase a new car for brother "Which car is better" - Budget only 8 INR lacs

Raj-Hindustani

Reaction score
Country
India
HI Folks,

Especially to Indian friends, I am not good once come to CAR and technical perspective. I am confused about buying a new one for my house.

Could you please suggest which car is good for a small city, once purchased, I will send it to Indore

1690025672419.png

1690025699436.png

1690025735789.png

HI Folks,

Especially to Indian friends, I am not good once come to CAR and technical perspective. I am confused about buying a new one for my house.

Could you please suggest which car is good for a small city, once purchased, I will send it to Indore

View attachment 940305
View attachment 940306

View attachment 940307

That one that looks like it might be able to withstand the riguers of Indian roads ... Renault Kwid / Kiger / C3 / Triber / Magnite ...

That one that looks like it might be able to withstand the riguers of Indian roads ... Renault Kwid / Kiger / C3 / Triber / Magnite ...

Renault Kwid / Kiger / C3 / Triber / Magnite
Triber / Magnite is good might, not sure

Presently - I am confused between

Tata Punch - 5 star safety
Tata Tiago - 4 star safety

Maruti Suzuki - 1-star safety but mileage is good plus the engine is much more refined I believed.
Maruti Baleno
Maruti Ignis

Can anyone suggest, pls

Tata Altroz, Tata Punch, Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger. Take test drives of these and check reviews on tbhp and then finalize.

Whatever you do, don't buy tin can Maruti Suzuki.

For my shortlist I have considered safety as the primary criteria.

Suggestions based on feedback and performance
  1. Hatchback
    1. Mileage - Maruti Baleno
    2. Safety - TATA Tiago
    3. Style - Grand i10
  2. Crossover
    1. Safety + style - Punch
  3. Sedan
    1. Mileage - Maruti Dezire
    2. Safety - Tigor

Go for the Honda amaze, 4 star safety and plush ride, smooth engine and 400 litre boot.
Complete family car.
You will get 'S' varient under 8.5 lakhs.

Tata Altroz, Tata Punch, Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger. Take test drives of these and check reviews on tbhp and then finalize.

Whatever you do, don't buy tin can Maruti Suzuki.

For my shortlist I have considered safety as the primary criteria.

Thanks, Bro... Safety is important to me too.

Yes, I believe Maruti Baleno is superior to Swift.

BUt when thinking about safety than Tata Tiago and Punch come in mind.

Go for the Honda amaze, 4 star safety and plush ride, smooth engine and 400 litre boot.
Complete family car.
You will get 'S' varient under 8.5 lakhs.

On the road in Banglore over 9 lacs - S variant, already paying house and personal car emi..... I have limited budget.. but Thank you
Suggestions based on feedback and performance
  1. Hatchback
    1. Mileage - Maruti Baleno
    2. Safety - TATA Tiago
    3. Style - Grand i10
  2. Crossover
    1. Safety + style - Punch
  3. Sedan
    1. Mileage - Maruti Dezire
    2. Safety - Tigor

Maruti Baleno
TATA Tiago
Tata punch

Service and parts availability in small cities—do you have any idea? Thanks in advance

On the road in Banglore over 9 lacs - S variant, already paying house and personal car emi..... I have limited budget.. but Thank you

Maruti Baleno
TATA Tiago
Tata punch

Service and parts availability in small cities—do you have any idea? Thanks in advance
Any reason you are preferring Tiago over Altroz? Altroz is a better looking and safer car and within the budget.

Any reason you are preferring Tiago over Altroz? Altroz is a better looking and safer car and within the budget.
Thanks for the suggestion; actually, I didn't see the review for this car. I will just go through the specifications. Thank you

Maruti Baleno
TATA Tiago
Tata punch

I have Tata Harrier. overall TATA is making excellent vehicles these days. Service support is slow than others (especially Maruti) but has vastly improved form older days. Go for any TATA one. Maruti does not provide any safety, they are just tin box for city driving at 60KMPH

If you are looking for SUV/Crossover and can stretch the budget a little, then Nexon SUV. Punch would be the best crossover in this budget.

If you are looking for SUV/Crossover and can stretch the budget a little, then Nexon SUV. Punch would be the best crossover in this budget.

Tata Punch Ryhtem
Tata Altroz XT-O
Tata Tiago XT

I will visit Tata Center and have a look. Thank you, All

For 800 000 Maybe second hand Japanese car i better option

For 800 000 Maybe second hand Japanese car i better option
with this price tag, Japanese cars are not safe.,,, Many Suzuki cars usually sell out in India, mostly for private cab transport or low to medium budgets without proper safety, Suzuki Swift etc.

But My preference is safety, it is one of the most important parts.

Tata Punch Ryhtem
Tata Altroz XT-O
Tata Tiago XT

So, might i will go with Tata cars since they have global approval ratings of 4-5. if Maruti Swift rating was even 3 , might i go with

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom