What's new

Su-35s vs. F-16s: Could Western Fighter Jets Help Ukraine Win Its Skies? | WSJ

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Ukraine is trying to convince the West to provide it with F-16s, modern fighter jets capable of traveling twice the speed of sound. Here’s how the planes compare with Russia’s soviet-designed aircraft and what difference they could make in the war. Illustration: Adam Adada

with s400 and awacs in air on russian side, there is no chance for any aircraft in air
its never one to one fight

It is easy. Anytime there is a comparison between Soviet/Russia/China hardware vs US, just agree that American hardware is shiddy. Trust me. I was on the F-111 Cold War, then F-16 Desert Storm. Our jets are shiddy. Soviet/Russia/China are tops.

It is easy. Anytime there is a comparison between Soviet/Russia/China hardware vs US, just agree that American hardware is shiddy. Trust me. I was on the F-111 Cold War, then F-16 Desert Storm. Our jets are shiddy. Soviet/Russia/China are tops.

The aarfdvark is a fine looking plane,
second only to the B1B.

The importance of user skill is decreasing as weapon systems get more automated and user friendly. Though, of course, user skill is always going to be important
I always laugh when I hear that pilot statement.

Let's see an experienced Mig-21 pilot up against a fresh F-22 pilot

Ukraine is trying to convince the West to provide it with F-16s, modern fighter jets capable of traveling twice the speed of sound. Here’s how the planes compare with Russia’s soviet-designed aircraft and what difference they could make in the war. Illustration: Adam Adada
Zarvan yar teri SCAR nai ai phir?? Mamo tere la rae the? Phir kya bna??

you were up against world class idiots...

The MIG-21 is a superior fighter. Trust me on this one.

100% true.. ask the Indians they shoot down F-16s like flies.... :)

you need tankers, AWAC, excellent GCI , maintenance crews, training, doctrine, well developed tactics etc PAF took down IAF Su-30 after decades of first training, careful selection of pilots etc ...

good luck Ukraine.... their best chance is hire to EX- PAF pilots and crew as contractors and get US to release surplus F-16s...

with s400 and awacs in air on russian side, there is no chance for any aircraft in air
its never one to one fight
Lol, tell that to the Tu-141s hitting targets 600km inside Russia in a strategic bomber base

I always laugh when I hear that pilot statement.

Su-35 radar won't detect the F-22 before it's dead lol, they think the MiG-21 can detect it?

Su-35 radar won't detect the F-22 before it's dead lol, they think the MiG-21 can detect it?
Once the pilot is fully seated and the MIG-21 is powered up, the pilot in immediately endowed with Iron Man like capabilities. The pilot does not need radar. His vision is enhanced not just throughout the EM spectrum, but also in resolution, enabling him to literally see the F-22 beyond any radar capabilities. Trust me on this one. We got a MIG-21 in Area 52 and still have not figured it out despite decades of studying it.

actually there was an exercise of 6 USAF F-15E against one single raptor... raptor toasted all of them.. despite the fact they were flown by highly experienced pilots of rank captain and above

Not PAF pilots but other veteran F-16 pilots in Europe

Ukraine and Pakistan has long military ties.. with new US puppet gov in power and with almost regular flights by RAF C-17s picking up small arms, mortars, rocket artillery, ammunition etc from POF.. who knows what else is next.

Besides I wouldn't think much of NATO F-16s operators, sure they are well trained but PAF is on another level. I once met an American whose relative who served in USAF on deputation to Pakistan, in the 1980s he stated

"they (PAF) are better than most NATO airforces"

Last edited:

The only problem with that delusion sadly many still have till this day is that the vast majority of times when Russians jets have gone up against their US rivals they have been shot out of the sky.

Back
Top Bottom