What's new

SU-30 fighter pilots focusing on beyond visual range combat

in short : speed , speed and speed
Sorry I don't get you.. At EOD it matters on the speed of the missile which matters right? No matter whether it is fired from air or land!

IAF have MKIs since 90s and they are practicing those tactics now in 2015, wow how professional IAF is. PAF's old M-3s pilots are master of those since long, as they were the first to get standoff weapons in PAF.

Why do we need a BVR of 300 KM range to be mounted on an aircraft, We can very well have a missile launched from the ground right?

What makes Brahmos mounted on Su 30 so special?

What if targets are beyond 300km? What platform would you use to hit them? You could use a ground launch vehicle, but its slow to get into position to hit the targets and it may not reach it because of the terrain where aircraft is more flexible and can go further.

IAF have MKIs since 90s and they are practicing those tactics now in 2015, wow how professional IAF is. PAF's old M-3s pilots are master of those since long, as they were the first to get standoff weapons in PAF.
Why do you care?

he is not refering to a 300 km bvraam, but a 300 km A2G missile.
Launch from a lower barometric pressure with parabolic trajectory increases the range.... this puppy will fly 500kms

And tactical reach-ability ?

In case local army commander can request for a strike on enemy artillery position or radar station while in an offensive operation.

I feel bad for indian fanboys.

PAF has superiority in range and destruction with Ra'ad nuclear capable cruise missile. And then PAF has superiority in speed with CM-400AKG...which reaches MACH 4 to MACH 5 in terminal stages.

Poor, junkard airforce of india. Always trying to catch up to the superior, more professional force in the region.

No wonder PAF humiliated iaf again, and again, and again in previous confrontations.

You care for what affects you, Since you consider that this is not going to affect you! Smell the coffee!

We must know what and how IAF will through at Pakistan, after all Pakistan has to develop and test its new capabilities. :)

We must know what and how IAF will through at Pakistan, after all Pakistan has to develop and test its new capabilities. :)

What else could I say wish you good luck!

I feel bad for indian fanboys.

PAF has superiority in range and destruction with Ra'ad nuclear capable cruise missile. And then PAF has superiority in speed with CM-400AKG...which reaches MACH 4 to MACH 5 in terminal stages.

Poor, junkard airforce of india. Always trying to catch up to the superior, more professional force in the region.

No wonder PAF humiliated iaf again, and again, and again in previous confrontations.

:-) If that is the case, it is India should be crying for Kashmir n UN.... What matters is the end result on which Pakistan failed bloody terribly!

Launch from a lower barometric pressure with parabolic trajectory increases the range.... this puppy will fly 500kms
lower air friction adds significantly to the range.
sir these missiles carry own oxidizer or do they breathe from atmosphere. reason i'm asking is if a missile travels in rarified high altitude, whether it has any implications of how the fuel is consumed.

lower air friction adds significantly to the range.
sir these missiles carry own oxidizer or do they breathe from atmosphere. reason i'm asking is if a missile travels in rarified high altitude, whether it has any implications of how the fuel is consumed.
First stage solid propellant has enough KE to inject enough air in the ramjet, for it to get enough air, same as any jet. the engine is not even close to being starved for a oxygen at 7-8 psia at 20-25K ft..

Then in this field PAF is in much better position, they are using variety of standoff munitions since 90s as they know that its will be very difficult for them to go deep inside enemy territory in any future war.
if u are using a stand off munations for ages and just yesterday your enemy also gets the same all your edge over him is practicalli nullified until you have qwalitative and qwuantitative edge over him backed by a very robust supply/resupply line

now tell do you have that ?

take the case of kargil war we dint had WLRs or high altitute gear or the sphesticated and light yet very leathel small arms and we paid a very very heavy price for that in initial stages and got bettre off pakistani army sitting at hights onli thanks to big arty guns and pricission bombing (thanks to israelies for there expertise in making dump bombs PGMs)

now what we learned from kargil war in effect kick started an entire overhaul of wepons and tacticks of owr armed forces

now this thread is about the same very long range stand off munation capability and bhramos is just one of them and thats all that can be said about it .... cheers mate :cheers:

Sorry I don't get you.. At EOD it matters on the speed of the missile which matters right? No matter whether it is fired from air or land!
well diffrent situations need diffrent answers and this thread is about Su-30MKIs air to gournd BVR capability ...... right :azn: cheers mate :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom