What's new

Student Task Force to counter terrorism

that what I am talking about due to operation all the army and rangers school and college are close.

Aren't we supposed to do this without any incentive? .... I still could not figure out why the need for this task force!!, unless you plan to use this students to infiltrate this terror modules.

Who said anything about infiltration? This is what we call (Grass Roots Intelligence and Community Lead Policing). Communities around the world incentivise such schemes:

Most famous:
Rewards for Justice program
Rewards for Justice-main - english

Or Crimestoppers:
Crime Stoppers International - Home

There is no infiltration; this is similar to the FBI Tips Program: https://tips.fbi.gov/

Or the tactics adopted by the British Security Service: MI-5: MI5 | What to look for

Besides this is nothing new: Back in 2008 students helped establish the very first Cyber Crimes unit in Pakistan:
Islamabad: Cyber unit of police begins operations | Overseas Pakistani Friends

(In Closing):

This is a great incentive, i have had so many young energetic people ask me how they can help practically, and some have become volunteer rescuers with Rescue 1122: ::: Rescue1122 Official Website :::

Others have become volunteers with projects such as:

Islamabad Traffic Police (Traffic Volunteers) Home

I OWN KARACHI My City, My Responsibility | Karachi Metblogs

Etc...

So all in all this is a great step, it gives a wonderfully positive outlet to energised youth to positively channel their energies and may help foster positive community relations between LEA's and the wider community.

My only hope and concern is that it does not turn out like the National Volunteer Movement, which despite having started with a wonderful bang and Hoo Haa, fizzled into nothingness... web: National Volunteer Movement's Home Page

All in all fantastic, for once Mr. Malik (Well Done)

Who said anything about infiltration? This is what we call (Grass Roots Intelligence and Community Lead Policing). Communities around the world incentivise such schemes:

Most famous:
Rewards for Justice program
Rewards for Justice-main - english

Or Crimestoppers:
Crime Stoppers International - Home

There is no infiltration; this is similar to the FBI Tips Program: https://tips.fbi.gov/

Or the tactics adopted by the British Security Service: MI-5: MI5 | What to look for

Besides this is nothing new: Back in 2008 students helped establish the very first Cyber Crimes unit in Pakistan:
Islamabad: Cyber unit of police begins operations | Overseas Pakistani Friends

(In Closing):

This is a great incentive, i have had so many young energetic people ask me how they can help practically, and some have become volunteer rescuers with Rescue 1122: ::: Rescue1122 Official Website :::

Others have become volunteers with projects such as:

Islamabad Traffic Police (Traffic Volunteers) Home

I OWN KARACHI My City, My Responsibility | Karachi Metblogs

Etc...

So all in all this is a great step, it gives a wonderfully positive outlet to energised youth to positively channel their energies and may help foster positive community relations between LEA's and the wider community.

My only hope and concern is that it does not turn out like the National Volunteer Movement, which despite having started with a wonderful bang and Hoo Haa, fizzled into nothingness... web: National Volunteer Movement's Home Page

All in all fantastic, for once Mr. Malik (Well Done)

Sir don't you think that there is a clear need to specify conditions and enrolment methods for this force.
We all know very well that there is a small minority of our people who have the tendency of manipulating,turning and twisting the law and its specific branches to their own interest.
PSF and MSF are one example ( I might be wrong) but I have seen with my own eyes how these federations enroll students and instead of helping them out it promotes small gangs which are supported by the political syatem and the police force there are gang wars between them which involves busting each other head on.They waste our intellect in these petty activities.
I fear this might turn out to be another one of them.

Sir don't you think that there is a clear need to specify conditions and enrolment methods for this force.
We all know very well that there is a small minority of our people who have the tendency of manipulating,turning and twisting the law and its specific branches to their own interest.
PSF and MSF are one example ( I might be wrong) but I have seen with my own eyes how these federations enroll students and instead of helping them out it promotes small gangs which are supported by the political syatem and the police force there are gang wars between them which involves busting each other head on.They waste our intellect in these petty activities.
I fear this might turn out to be another one of them.

Very Good Point, lets hope that the likes of PSF and MSF who have been in cahoots with the GOV in the past are kept well away from such matters.

It is a sad fact that MSF and PSF are most likely the largest social mobilisers in the country, even larger then the NCHD: National Commission for Human Development (and they command in excess of 200,000 Volunteers Nationally).

These dynamics are present and i fear here to stay for the long run, just like the recent Benizir Shaheed Youth Awards were full of controversy as MNA's and whatnot's were allocating their "Blessed" candidates for award receipts. Even the application process was so arduous that most disserving volunteers did not even get a chance to apply... All thanks to the wonderful people at the bureaucratic juggernaut that makes up the Ministry of youth affairs (not surprisingly none of its staff are under 35) :D
Ministry of Youth Affairs - Government of Pakistan

Sadly all this is part and parcel with a bureaucratic and largely wonderful system that makes up the Pakistani Government: D.

In closing sorry for my longwinded response.

It is a sad fact that MSF and PSF are most likely the largest social mobilisers in the country, even larger then the NCHD: National Commission for Human Development (and they command in excess of 200,000 Volunteers Nationally).

Add Jamiat in this list as well bro. Students in passion to do something for their country without thinking volunteer themselves. PSF has a very large set-up in Govt. colleges of Islamabad, so does Jamiat and MSF has some part. University of the Punjab has been a stronghold of Jamiat. These three are what the political parties use for their benefits. The volunteers are very handy in successing their political agendas.

These unions spoil our youth. Sorry to say but Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto used students in his politics. I hope members, who know the political history of Pakistan, remember the incident of Polytechnic college, Peshawar Road, Rawalpindi incident. Which now is CEME.

It is credited to students that they forced Ayub to leave presidency.

KIT Over n Out.

Add Jamiat in this list as well bro. Students in passion to do something for their country without thinking volunteer themselves. PSF has a very large set-up in Govt. colleges of Islamabad, so does Jamiat and MSF has some part. University of the Punjab has been a stronghold of Jamiat. These three are what the political parties use for their benefits. The volunteers are very handy in successing their political agendas.

These unions spoil our youth. Sorry to say but Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto used students in his politics. I hope members, who know the political history of Pakistan, remember the incident of Polytechnic college, Peshawar Road, Rawalpindi incident. Which now is CEME.

KIT Over n Out.

Good One... Aggreed!

KIT Over n Out.

Sir to be really honest I never knew that these JAMIAT idiots have a SF as well.
I don't know if you will agree with me or not but I firmly belive and if unexpectdly i come to power i will behead them ba****s.

Relgious leaders should be banned from politics.
Religion is so pure yet they try to meddle it with dirty and devious politics...

I know i might have to face some strong heat from some respected members.

I had this Thing in My mind since agaes , i think Pakistani Students are real patriots they can stand against these faciast terrorists , they should not be given Arms :sniper: but they should be Trained and trained wel in Intelligence gathering .
Cell phones with Shining new digital cameras are able to take videos from far away on High quality , this is the basic weapon , They should even be allowed to ideantify and Citizen Arrest any suspects!

If this Task force goes a success i am even in Favour of Starting NCC ( National Cadet core) once again!:pakistan:

Relgious leaders should be banned from politics.
Religion is so pure yet they try to meddle it with dirty and devious politics...

I know i might have to face some strong heat from some respected members.

I agree to some extent that these religous leaders should not be in politics. However the politicians must know about the Islamic ideology in general and how to implement it in country's affairs. This is another topic which, I am sure you will agree with me, is not appropriate to be discussed here.

KIT Over

If this Task force goes a success i am even in Favour of Starting NCC ( National Cadet core) once again!:pakistan:

I agree, NCC was a great step. It helped a lot to improve civil defence in our cities.

I think a bold step forward like this Studen Task Force can become a success if we honestly and sincerely appreciate it and criticize it.

KIT Over:pakistan:

I think we cannot counter terrorism by these initiative. If we really want to counter it, we must launch reform movement in youth. But remember, we cannot counter it by secularism except religion. There is a need to launch new reform movement in youth, and trained them on religious principles. Its my opinion, we cannot fight against terrorists whenever we will not become sincere with our homeland. Even, in my view, any department or institution of our country is not working honestly. For instances, corruption at peak in Police department. If we really want to counter terrorism, first of all we should become sincere and honest with our country. Only way of counter terrorism, has been mentioned in our religion Islam. We should become good muslim and launch the movement on religious sentiments.

Thanx, Nasir Shoaib Shah
nasirshah2010@yahoo.com

I think we cannot counter terrorism by these initiative. If we really want to counter it, we must launch reform movement in youth. But remember, we cannot counter it by secularism except religion. There is a need to launch new reform movement in youth, and trained them on religious principles. Its my opinion, we cannot fight against terrorists whenever we will not become sincere with our homeland. Even, in my view, any department or institution of our country is not working honestly. For instances, corruption at peak in Police department. If we really want to counter terrorism, first of all we should become sincere and honest with our country. Only way of counter terrorism, has been mentioned in our religion Islam. We should become good muslim and launch the movement on religious sentiments.

Thanx, Nasir Shoaib Shah
nasirshah2010@yahoo.com

Three things. First I feel that we Pakistanis are getting more and more passimistic. We can't handle terrorism, can't counter it, can't overcome it. Why? I think as a Pakistani this is also not your sincerest thought. For a true patriot you must have faith in yourself.

Second, what Taliban started was on religious basis in Pakistan. People liked there "for Islam" slogan and thats why helped them. The suicide bombers considered it purely Islamic to blow them up and kill innocent people. I agree that truth of Islam must be presented.

Thirdyly, I can name more than few deptts. that work with sincerety and struggle. Your generalizing of corruption to all deptt. is a kind of disrespect of such people and departments.

KIT Over:pakistan:

Thanx, Nasir Shoaib Shah
nasirshah2010@yahoo.com

Religion is a very deep and personal system my friend, you cannot shape a religion to polish one's CV or garnish your ideals. That is what the Taliban did and see where they are now.

By God, if I had any grain of doubt about joining this force, i do not have it now after the attacks on Islamic Uni. I will join it and will advice those who also think so. Atleast, we maybe able to satisfy ourselves that we didn't sit idol after witnessing the deaths of our collegues in the hands of terrorists.

Kia Iss liey Taqdeer ne chunay thay ye tinkay?
Ban jaey jab nasheman to koi aag laga day:

KIT Over n Out:pakistan:

Sir, I know why it fizzled out. This is from their website:
NVM is an organization dedicated to provide a platform for pubic contribution...
Link
What! I for one sure as heck wouldn't want to join that kind of Movement.

I'm just kidding. It was a great idea. We do have a lot of energetic youth (just look around this forum), it's just too bad that there are only a limited number of ways channeling them towards good for Pakistan. Recently, Obama held an entire event during the first game of the NFL season where he encouraged young Americans to join community/city/national volunteer services. I doubt Zardari would ever do something of this sort, but someone has to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom