What's new

Student Task Force to counter terrorism

courageneverdies

Reaction score
Malik announces Student Task Force to counter terrorism

ISLAMABAD, Oct 17 (APP)-

Federal Minister for Interior, Senator A. Rehman Malik announced to launch a “Volunteer Student Task Force” with a slogan of “Terrorism Free Pakistan”. Such volunteers would be required to register in their respective police stations. Besides a three-day orientation training would be given to them in their respective educational institutions which will be followed by grant of an appropriate certificate. Interior Minister announced this while chairing meeting held to review security of Islamabad in Ministry of Interior here Saturday.

Meanwhile, he also announced reward of Rs. 500,000/- to any citizen who provides a video or photograph captured by video equipment or cellular phones which may lead to arrest or detection of any act of terror or heinous crime.

Terming this incentive as “National Volunteer Video Policing”, he added that such persons eligible for reward will also be offered a job in the local police or FIA. He will also be given preference if he has applied or applies for any government job.

Malik expressed satisfaction upon the recent operations by Islamabad police in which they had intercepted number of potential terrorists before they could commit the act of terrorism.

He directed that all the security elements deployed at Islamabad should remain vigilant and launch community policing by maintaining close liaison with the local populace.

Officials were also asked to ensure that their security concerns are addressed and the police benefits from their cooperation in nabbing the suspects.

He thanked the public for extending their cooperation by providing voluntary information regarding suspects due to which evil designs of terrorists were successfully foiled.

He cautioned the public that they should remain alert and immediately report any suspicious activity to the police.

Citing some recent incidents in which miscreants had hired houses, he reiterated the need for the owners for reporting to the nearest Police Stations about the tenants of respective property so that no miscreant should be able to deceive the owner and use his property for terrorism.

In a separate meeting chaired by him while reviewing the finalization of Explosive Rules 1940, he granted his approval for the revised draft and directed that Explosive Substance Act be reviewed and stringent measures including criminal liability against the violators of Explosive Rules be added.

He directed that FIA schedule be also amended so as to also deal with such violators.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Malik announces Student Task Force to counter terrorism

---

Volunteers roll in..........:sniper::guns:

KIT Out:pakistan:

good idea the people need to help their government get rid of these the menace of terrorism. this will also create a sense of purpose among the youth

Meanwhile, he also announced reward of Rs. 500,000/- to any citizen who provides a video or photograph captured by video equipment or cellular phones which may lead to arrest or detection of any act of terror or heinous crime

I'll roll in but i need a brand new iphone and a cybershot camera for this job. Will he provide that:P

good idea the people need to help their government get rid of these the menace of terrorism. this will also create a sense of purpose among the youth

Why dont they start from their own party , jiala anti terrorism squad, MQM anti terrorism squad,Piaray (ML) anti terrorism squad etc.

May be their workers not ready to support them:agree:

I dont think this is such a great step.

1. Students should concentrate on education and leave the fight to the valiant police and military personnel.

2. It could go all wrong and we would have wasted another generation to guns.

this is a good move .lot of student i know speaking crap about army not from heart but because they can n t do anything in this current situation of Pakistan. now they got the chance ....

When will they (i.e. GoP) learn... that is how TALIBAN (plural short for TALIB-E-ILM aka student) came into being... professional forces should deal with this menace and civilians should be taught not to militarize and shown what happens when youth go in this direction, tell them instead how to build the nation, to concentrate on their studies and why "vigilanti-izm" does not help anyone... This is not a fight against India where you need a "draft"... now every tom-dick-and-harry will be running around calling and snapping anything, who would deal with the volume of this nonsense... what is a job for FIA, MI, ISI, CID and other such three-letter orgs will now be just a "twitter" away!!! another gem of a plan by the bunch that brought to you "ISI-chief to India" and "KLB-pill will end your ills"... :hitwall:
God help my country... God speed to my Soldiers... :pakistan:

When will they (i.e. GoP) learn... that is how TALIBAN (plural short for TALIB-E-ILM aka student) came into being... professional forces should deal with this menace and civilians should be taught not to militarize and shown what happens when youth go in this direction, tell them instead how to build the nation, to concentrate on their studies and why "vigilanti-izm" does not help anyone... This is not a fight against India where you need a "draft"... now every tom-dick-and-harry will be running around calling and snapping anything, who would deal with the volume of this nonsense... what is a job for FIA, MI, ISI, CID and other such three-letter orgs will now be just a "twitter" away!!! another gem of a plan by the bunch that brought to you "ISI-chief to India" and "KLB-pill will end your ills"... :hitwall:
God help my country... God speed to my Soldiers... :pakistan:

but if military train the student and issue them weapon instead of giving them.and also keep record of them. so they can be use later if they are needed.
its should be like a paramilitary when they are needed like Pakistan army mujahid force.
secondly i believe a student force should be made and trained in guerilla warfare to counter talibans numbers.

but if military train the student and issue them weapon instead of giving them.and also keep record of them. so they can be use later if they are needed.
its should be like a paramilitary when they are needed like Pakistan army mujahid force.
secondly i believe a student force should be made and trained in guerilla warfare to counter talibans numbers.

I truly truly wish it was that simple, but it is not... how many times weapons were issued to "razakaar forces" and never seen again... even the FC was dropping weapons and surrendering at one time... more weapons in the society is not the answer... nothing can replace a professional organized force... teach the youth why picking weapons in the name of "neighborhood watch" is just plain wrong... rid the civil-society of "assault" weapons, they belong in a professional force's inventory... we have had enough of "no-go-areas" in Pakistan, whether they be in Karachi or FATA... If the rit of the government is to be upheld then GoP should have the best gun in town otherwise any low-life with a '47 will hold the nation hostage...

I dont think this is such a great step.

1. Students should concentrate on education and leave the fight to the valiant police and military personnel.

2. It could go all wrong and we would have wasted another generation to guns.

they are already wasting due to current situation in Pakistan.
not all the students but only volunteers.
I believe Pakistan army can do the job no dough about it but to make it faster and more boots on ground.we can leave india border unguarded.

I truly truly wish it was that simple, but it is not... how many times weapons were issued to "razakaar forces" and never seen again... even the FC was dropping weapons and surrendering at one time... more weapons in the society is not the answer... nothing can replace a professional organized force... teach the youth why picking weapons in the name of "neighborhood watch" is just plain wrong... rid the civil-society of "assault" weapons, they belong in a professional force's inventory... we have had enough of "no-go-areas" in Pakistan, whether they be in Karachi or FATA... If the rit of the government is to be upheld then GoP should have the best gun in town otherwise any low-life with a '47 will hold the nation hostage...

our society will see these weapons more in we did n t act.
you know nothing i was almost getting kidnapped on my way back from my university but was save due to Allah grace.
if someone else he would be sitting home or changing his university or may be changing his city..

using student is never good but what other choice we had.

volunteers for what ??

govt will give short military training to students to cope with terrorist ???

Back
Top Bottom