What's new

Student Task Force to counter terrorism

Malik announces Student Task Force to counter terrorism

ISLAMABAD, Oct 17 (APP)-

Federal Minister for Interior, Senator A. Rehman Malik announced to launch a “Volunteer Student Task Force” with a slogan of “Terrorism Free Pakistan”. Such volunteers would be required to register in their respective police stations. Besides a three-day orientation training would be given to them in their respective educational institutions which will be followed by grant of an appropriate certificate. Interior Minister announced this while chairing meeting held to review security of Islamabad in Ministry of Interior here Saturday.

Meanwhile, he also announced reward of Rs. 500,000/- to any citizen who provides a video or photograph captured by video equipment or cellular phones which may lead to arrest or detection of any act of terror or heinous crime.

Terming this incentive as “National Volunteer Video Policing”, he added that such persons eligible for reward will also be offered a job in the local police or FIA. He will also be given preference if he has applied or applies for any government job.

Malik expressed satisfaction upon the recent operations by Islamabad police in which they had intercepted number of potential terrorists before they could commit the act of terrorism.

He directed that all the security elements deployed at Islamabad should remain vigilant and launch community policing by maintaining close liaison with the local populace.

Officials were also asked to ensure that their security concerns are addressed and the police benefits from their cooperation in nabbing the suspects.

He thanked the public for extending their cooperation by providing voluntary information regarding suspects due to which evil designs of terrorists were successfully foiled.

He cautioned the public that they should remain alert and immediately report any suspicious activity to the police.

Citing some recent incidents in which miscreants had hired houses, he reiterated the need for the owners for reporting to the nearest Police Stations about the tenants of respective property so that no miscreant should be able to deceive the owner and use his property for terrorism.

In a separate meeting chaired by him while reviewing the finalization of Explosive Rules 1940, he granted his approval for the revised draft and directed that Explosive Substance Act be reviewed and stringent measures including criminal liability against the violators of Explosive Rules be added.

He directed that FIA schedule be also amended so as to also deal with such violators.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Malik announces Student Task Force to counter terrorism

---

Volunteers roll in..........:sniper::guns:

KIT Out:pakistan:

Very emotional video :undecided:

Very sad , and very very sad - shows the ugly face of war when
innocent people go in war, they come out as tortured souls

When you go in , you are told something stories and vision by your commanders and when you go at ground level and see realities you get shocked and , you have only to choices either you die or you make it alive

Looks like this solider made it back alive but he lost his innocence , and soul in process:undecided:

But at least he can see difference between right and wrong , and loss of civilian life -

:coffee: if only more ppl were like this person the cilian life lost would be less ....

Rest I am speechless - war is always pain and sad

Hopefully he will find peace and goodness

Why doesn't China get off its a$$ and help Pakistan with the military assistance it needs RIGHT NOW to fight the TTP? Is China helping and I am just ignorant? Please enlighten me. What is China doing to help Pakistan fight internal terrorists??

who created taliban and call it terrorists at first??? usa

who abandoned taliban and snubbed its very religious existence so they become desperate and extreme to keep on surviving after they are no longer used to confront with ussr?? usa

who become jingoistic aroused to attack taliban instead of negotiating with sane islamic world to get a concensus on solutioN
to deal with extremist taliban??? usa

who now become powerless to curb taliban and try to get pak economy commiting suicide by attacking retaliatory taliban??? usa

who now blame pak and china for not participating in its DIRTY game of obliterating ITS FORMER SUBORDINATE taliban??? usa

Who then will claim the credit of winning the wot and protecting the world with the HEAVY sacrifice of pak army and citizen IF PAK PUT ALL HER EFFORT TO JOIN WAR INITIATED BY USA???? usa

CONCLUSION: this is all usa GEOPOLITIC SEEKING(INTERESTS GAINED BY USA INCLUDES CONTAINING RUSSIA AND PARTICULARLY CHINA)game of wot, usa should pay THE PRICE to curb the terrorist taliban so that the world will be in peace by your brutal rule of force, and small weak countries like pak and developing china should keep away from WESTERN INVENTED brutal game rules otherwise they will be smashed to pieces...
MAYBE USA should THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE RAPING THE OTHER COUNTRIES WHICH USA CANNOT AFFORD, AND THEN USA NEED TO SPEAK HARSHLY TO THE COUNTRIES TO GAIN SUPPORT FOR ITS GAME FOR WORLD PEACE (ACTUALLY WESTERN CHRISTIAN AGGRESSIVE CIVILIZATION SAFETY) BY SPREADING MORE BLOODY HATRED, IS THAT MORALLY UPRIGHT FOR YOU TO DRAG OTHERS INTO MARSH OF HATRED-SPREADING, CIVILIANS-INVOLVED PROLONGED BLOODY PEACE FIGHTING?????...ANSWER THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!

Well, this is all for the information gathering but I seriously believe that students shouldn't be put into this. Although, it can be helpful on paper, but things are different on ground.

Aren't we supposed to do this without any incentive? .... I still could not figure out why the need for this task force!!, unless you plan to use this students to infiltrate this terror modules.

Aren't we supposed to do this without any incentive? .... I still could not figure out why the need for this task force!!, unless you plan to use this students to infiltrate this terror modules.

Stuns me as well... another very "smart" idea from a "very smart" team of... ahem... clowns...

I was half expecting them to call this "bright idea" Shaheed-Bai'nazeer-Bhutto-Student-task-force-on-Extremist-Busting... :rofl:

Decrease the militarization of the population, turn the society towards civility... if the tribals (read lashkars) with all their guns and bombs could not stop these scum and army was called in, no amount of NCC-on-steroids-trained students would... and for Rs. 500K the "twittering" would be nothing but a "denial of service attack" on the law-enforcement agencies... the needle in the haystack will still be hidden in plain sight...

Everyone should be aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious activity, whether in this era of critical situation or any other time... any good samaritan would do that... making the nation paranoid is only adding to its hysteria...

THIS is a step, which will make, our intelligence agencies , come close to the nation , which is absloutly on war with terrorists.
it will , boost pakistan.s humman militry assests, it will bring a sense, to those, who are ready to be a part of action.
it will help crubing , all crimes.
its a good idea, from a very careless funtionry of this G O Z!

Brilliant idea ..... turn students into Police Touts and Informers!

Thats the Rehman Malik mentality that he borrowed from his days in FIA, when he was busy spinning money from human smuggling rackets.

People are naive in believing that giving guns to students and forming a voluntary force is a great Idea. Its never simple to keep track of the guns and later the motives might change see what happened with Taliban - They were the madrasa students for fighting in Afghanistan, and what's the situation now.

Pakistan has more than enough quantity and quality security forces to deal with these terrorists.

Minister seems to be shooting from the hip and trying to score some brownie points, did he really thing over the consequences of his brilliant idea.

Last edited:
This cannot be called citizen policing... this will lead to vigilantism.

We can very well do without students turning into informers, we certainly don't want a society reeks with mistrust.

A really bad move :tdown:

Brilliant idea ..... turn students into Police Touts and Informers!

Thats the Rehman Malik mentality that he borrowed from his days in FIA, when he was busy spinning money from human smuggling rackets.

Well well well.... Than what can be your great idea about students? TO let tham indulge in the bloody politics? By joining Political parties in young age via political unions? I am sorry but this is what this is. They are not training them to fight. Though will teach a bit about self defence but wont give u a '47.

In US and UK when people inform the cops about something cheesy they are congratulated for helping law and hence they are shown to be responsible civilians and citizens. The same is done here, whats wrong with it to inform police that someone is doing a crap here around. This may stop God knows how many suicide attacks.

This is not limited to students only but they are also embodied the other civilians.

I consider it a good step for it may make us a bit better citizens. The terrorists can only fail in their efforts when we the citizens of Pakistan do not let them have a safe haven inside us. They train and prepare themselves while staying inside conjusted population where people dont bother whats going on.

This cannot be called citizen policing... this will lead to vigilantism.

We can very well do without students turning into informers, we certainly don't want a society reeks with mistrust.

A really bad move :tdown:
I disagree. It all depends on how it will be managed (poorly, I presume, under the current leadership). I have long been for the utilization of Pakistan youth, independent of political pressures, for the preservation of security in these times. It certainly can be used to our advantage if groups of youth, within communities, work closely with the local police services in suppressing and maintaining crime within the community. Their powers must be limited, obviously, and kept under strict checks by the same police. An effort such as this won't turn us into a Cold War era Soviet society, but it will encourage, as the poster above me mentioned, responsibility amongst the youth and the active participation of communities in fighting crime and terror within Pakistani cities.

I have never said this before, but there's a first time for everything. Good move, Mr. Malik.

People are naive in believing that giving guns to students and forming a voluntary force is a great Idea.
Whoa. Either my understanding of the so-called "Voluntary Task Force" is flawed, or yours is. I didn't know guns were involved. I would support this as long as the Task Force remains purely civil, and at most, is used for community based security. This involves keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior, periodically holding community meetings to discuss any such matters, being in constant communication with the local police, forming night-patrol parties, organizing community mix-n-mingle events etc. That kind of stuff goes a long way, as almost every crime starts off with some kind of suspicious activity in some neighborhood.

If it involves guns, or politics, then I'm out.

Last edited:
Whoa. Either my understanding of the so-called "Voluntary Task Force" is flawed, or yours is. I didn't know guns were involved. I would support this as long as the Task Force remains purely civil, and at most, is used for community based security. This involves keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior, periodically holding community meetings to discuss any such matters, being in constant communication with the local police, forming night-patrol parties, organizing community mix-n-mingle events etc. That kind of stuff goes a long way, as almost every crime starts off with some kind of suspicious activity in some neighborhood.

If it involves guns, or politics, then I'm out.

This is the very reason bro, for what I am in. No politics, no guns, no violence. Just the things you mentioned, and I need not to mention for they are already well stated, are involved. A good communication between people of a particular area in accordance and cooperation with Police.

I consider it a great step. I dont think that there is commanality between this force and Al-Zulfiqar or armed Jamiat-e-Tulba-e-Islam.

Minister Malik and his hare-brained ideas. Isn't this the same policy that Hitler adopted with his SS and Mussolini with his black shirts. You don't ask your citizens to spy on your neighbours like this. Sure they should come out and reports any "suspcious" activities, but it should be for ALL citizens, not some privilidged volunteer force. And least of all voluteer students who would'nt have the expereince or training to understand this.

I hope that sane people in Pakistan protest this as people in America protested this when Bush came out with own twisted version of Voluteer citizen surveillance schemes.

If we are going to take bets I will put my money on the terrorists. What can a bunch of students do to experienced killers? If I was a parent in Pakistan I would take my kids out of the country if they are making Gestapo out of kids who playing too many video games. I am in a special response unit within law enforcement and can tell you that in majority of armed cases the upper hand is with terrorists, so what about unarmed situation with idiot student playing 007? When your own GHQ is being attacked then what kind of target are you making the kids who volunteer for games of state? Keep them safe, let them get an education, why not Zardari and politicians fight terrorist for you Pakistani instead.

If we are going to take bets I will put my money on the terrorists. What can a bunch of students do to experienced killers? If I was a parent in Pakistan I would take my kids out of the country if they are making Gestapo out of kids who playing too many video games. I am in a special response unit within law enforcement and can tell you that in majority of armed cases the upper hand is with terrorists, so what about unarmed situation with idiot student playing 007? When your own GHQ is being attacked then what kind of target are you making the kids who volunteer for games of state? Keep them safe, let them get an education, why not Zardari and politicians fight terrorist for you Pakistani instead.

Thanks for your sharing ideas. Thank you very much.

Sri Lanka by the way herself took help from others, India and Pakistan at top to counter Tamils. WHy? Sri Lanka wasnt able to take up matters? We are not calling students to lift guns and to fight the terrorists. Its just to make them respnosible citizens thats it. As a new member I feel it appropraite to tell you that before you speak read the whole thread carefully first.

I am really amazed at a personal of special response unit who is this much passimistic. What would be your fighting technique when you'll have this in mind that the people you are gonna fight are superior to you?

We on other hand are so optimistic that we will win the war against terrorism. We will certainly be victorous. We do not fear and give upper hands to terrorists to make them bold enough to do the same again. Situations like GHQ might be worst but we are worst to worst for we are the best, our soldiers and our forces are best. Our special response personal never give upper hand to other. They just **** anyone who challanges them.

KIT Out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom