What's new

Strange death of Sufism!

Yes. That is the exact thing I told someone years ago. They are unfit for modern times or for the 7th century. Salafism is actually a reactionary ideology which began in the 19th century as an anti Western imperial movement. In contrast, the religion of Islam is accepting of all cultures and civilizations.

Their inspiration seems to be Ibn Taymiyyah who was a great medieval intellectual. Modern Salafis on the other hand are Hadith fans. I had complete trust in Sahih Hadith - as I was told they are all correct - until I started reading them. Gave me severe faith crisis! Over the years, I discovered above 90% of Hadith are infact not mass transmitted and thus are not entirely reliable. I wonder will they preach to the real Salaf from Hadith books?

The message and tradition, the Sunnah of Islam, was carried out of Arabia by ordinary, devout believers whom people are probably referring to as Sufis. In that sense, one of the greatest Sufi was Salahuddin Ayyubi.

After new Saudi Ruler Bin Salman took power, i notice the change in salafis, they now claim to be hanbalis and accept the 4 school of thoughts. They have also become extremely westernised, like makeup, women wearing mini skirts at homes, guys having short term marriages, allowing oral sex, kinky sex, masturbation, having parties, birthday parties, Eid parties. They criticised and mocked others for adding bidah but breaking all records themselves. In my relatives they used to mock and call people Hindus for having a traditional wedding, with mehndi functions, baraat, sehra etc but they now themselves have western style wedding parties with balloons, hip hip horay slogans, fireworks etc.

I would encourage people to forget the 21st century mullahs and learn the historical Islam, the golden era of Islam and how they lived their lives. The same Islam which spread to Indian subcontinent, Indonesia, Africa, Turkey, Iran (500 years back they were all sunni sufis). They may had mistakes but they sorted all the problems and rose as a powerful force. Such a powerful force that Western world praised their contributions, wrote books on them, learnt from the to become powerful themselves etc.

Last edited:
They criticised and mocked others for adding bidah but breaking all records themselves. ... I would encourage people to forget the 21st century mullahs and learn the historical Islam, the golden era of Islam and how they lived their lives. The same Islam which spread to Indian subcontinent, Indonesia, Africa, Turkey, Iran (500 years back they were all sunni sufis). They may had mistakes but they sorted all the problems and rose as a powerful force.
They have hate for the history of Islam as evidenced by the destruction of it.
'The new Najdi rulers, nomadic Arabs largely found themselves at the reins of a highly sophisticated society. A cohesive political structure based on the Majlis al-Shura (consultative council) system had been in place for centuries ... the religious fabric of the Najd and the Hejaz were vastly different. Traditional Hejazi cultural customs and rituals were almost entirely religious in nature. Celebrations honouring Muhammad, his family and companions, reverence of deceased saints, visitation of shrines, tombs and holy sites connected with any of these were among the customs indigenous to Hejazi Islam.[5] As administrative authority of the Hejaz passed into the hands of Najdi Wahabi Muslims from the interior, the Wahabi Ulama viewed local religious practices as unfounded superstition superseding codified religious sanction that was considered a total corruption of religion and the spreading of heresy.[6] What followed was a removal of the physical infrastructure, tombs, mausoleums, mosques and sites associated with the family and companions of Muhammad.[7]'

They dumbed down Muslims. Criticizing and attacking people for bidah and shirk seem to be a tactic to acquire power and control.

They have hate for the history of Islam as evidenced by the destruction of it.
'The new Najdi rulers, nomadic Arabs largely found themselves at the reins of a highly sophisticated society. A cohesive political structure based on the Majlis al-Shura (consultative council) system had been in place for centuries ... the religious fabric of the Najd and the Hejaz were vastly different. Traditional Hejazi cultural customs and rituals were almost entirely religious in nature. Celebrations honouring Muhammad, his family and companions, reverence of deceased saints, visitation of shrines, tombs and holy sites connected with any of these were among the customs indigenous to Hejazi Islam.[5] As administrative authority of the Hejaz passed into the hands of Najdi Wahabi Muslims from the interior, the Wahabi Ulama viewed local religious practices as unfounded superstition superseding codified religious sanction that was considered a total corruption of religion and the spreading of heresy.[6] What followed was a removal of the physical infrastructure, tombs, mausoleums, mosques and sites associated with the family and companions of Muhammad.[7]'

They dumbed down Muslims. Criticizing and attacking people for bidah and shirk seem to be a tactic to acquire power and control.

Just copying pasting stuff from some site.

You need to read the history of Muslims of that time. Why certain action were taken? Muhammed bin Abudl Wahab (rA) himself was follower of Hanafi Madhab and he was reformist.

Just copying pasting stuff from some site.

You need to read the history of Muslims of that time. Why certain action were taken? Muhammed bin Abudl Wahab (rA) himself was follower of Hanafi Madhab and he was reformist.
Wahhabis assume everyone (except them) associates partners in worship with Allah.
"Wahhabism, the prevailing Saudi strain of Islam, frowns on visits to shrines, tombs or religio-historical sites, on grounds that they might lead to Islam’s gravest sin: worshipping anyone other than God."

Of course Islam is not the first, Allah has give His direction to human since prophet Adam period

Allmost all Main religion I believe in the beginning is the same like Islam ( no doubt for all Abrahamic religions ). That we can see the remaining on Hindu Holly book, the verse talking about Tauhid and the human life is made to worship one God. I see only Budish that is not true since the beginning. Budish is actually emerging from Atheist side of Hindu.
Yes vedas and later puranas have concept of "ishwar " who is timeless and indestructible. Above all other gods .

Al Jabbar is Allah almighty name but all classical Islamic scholars named a deviant sect as Jabbariyah. Nobody mention it is disrespect. The same with wahabi movement, Allah almighty name is Al Wahab not wahabi and wahabi term is used to identify a movement which tried to destroy Islam.

Your argument is used by Ibn Abdul wahabi Najdi followers. But they continue to call others as mushriks, kafirs, bidatis, hindu followers etc 🙄

And please make positive comments.
Wahhabis assume everyone (except them) associates partners in worship with Allah.
"Wahhabism, the prevailing Saudi strain of Islam, frowns on visits to shrines, tombs or religio-historical sites, on grounds that they might lead to Islam’s gravest sin: worshipping anyone other than God."
The cult created by this odious Abdul Wahab is why Muslims, and Arabs in particular, have fallen so far.

And why they are at war with each other.

By the 16th century, Arabs had no influence over Islam or control of its greatest sites.

They were jealous that Islam’s greatest sons were mostly non-Arabs and were being venerated by the Sufi movement.

Their answer was to wipe them off the history by desecrating their shrines and forbidding people from them.

This cult tried to destroy the shrine of Shah Jalal - the most famous son of Sylhet!

Sylhetis will never forgive this cult!

Sheikh Hasina’s reaction to this barbaric act was to rename our national airport after the great Saint!

Ironically a great deal of anti-Salafi polemics has its origin in the recent western discourse, especially after 911.

The West asked itself; We are the pinnacle of Civilization, why dont the muslims want to be like us and let religion take a backseat? The answer to that question was Salafism. So the media war began.

Islam remains as the only major religion where a significant majority still seem to be sincerely religious. That is a thorn in the eyes of the white man. As he left his own religion in order to pursure this life and its pleasures (materialism/consumerism). In a muslim he ses something precious that is not achievable through consumerism: inner peace and non-attachment. It angers the white man and he rationalize this anger by potraiying Islam and muslims as backward and barbaric.

The western ideal today is the hollywood lifestyle, which in reality is a mirage. Its a industry mired by drug abuse, sexual addiction, perverse self indulgence and deep depression. Islamic world OTOH still idealize the straight mature man with strong sense of family values and a confident belief in modesty.

After new Saudi Ruler Bin Salman took power, i notice the change in salafis, they now claim to be hanbalis and accept the 4 school of thoughts. They have also become extremely westernised, like makeup, women wearing mini skirts at homes, guys having short term marriages, allowing oral sex, kinky sex, masturbation, having parties, birthday parties, Eid parties. They criticised and mocked others for adding bidah but breaking all records themselves. In my relatives they used to mock and call people Hindus for having a traditional wedding, with mehndi functions, baraat, sehra etc but they now themselves have western style wedding parties with balloons, hip hip horay slogans, fireworks etc.

I would encourage people to forget the 21st century mullahs and learn the historical Islam, the golden era of Islam and how they lived their lives. The same Islam which spread to Indian subcontinent, Indonesia, Africa, Turkey, Iran (500 years back they were all sunni sufis). They may had mistakes but they sorted all the problems and rose as a powerful force. Such a powerful force that Western world praised their contributions, wrote books on them, learnt from the to become powerful themselves etc.
Oral sex, masturbation and kinks were never haram in Islam, in fact, kink-shaming is very inappropriate. You should have seen the Saudi Arabia that my father saw in the eighties and nineties, back then everything was haram. Back then, in some parts of Saudi Arabia like Al Qassim women were not even allowed to show their eyes and shoes lmao and there was a religious police at the time called mutawa and these mutawas were just a bunch harassers, they used to spend their whole day staring at women and calling everything haram. I am glad there embracing the teachings of great Imam Hanbal again. Imam Hanbal despite being a critic of Sufism had nothing but immense respect and admiration for the Sufis. Although I don't follow any of the 4 schools of thought in my opinion Imam Hanibal was the most correct.

You think Deobandis are Sufis? Lol

Drobandis are Wahhabis and their father is Yazid and founder was Mohammad bin Abdul Wahhab Najdi.

Barelvi is not a sect but this name given by Wahhabis, they are popular with name Sufi out side of Sub continent, but in Sub continent Barelvi or Sunni.
The founder of darul uloom Deoband Deoband, India, from which the name derives,[3][4][5] by Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi, Rashid Ahmad Gangohi, and several others,[4], they were disciples of great sufi saint haji Imdad ullah mohjir Mecci.

Last edited:

There are extremists in every sect of Muslims.
“Wahhabi” term started by British in British India to divide Muslims. What I don’t understand is why British used his father name “Wahab” and not his name “Muhammad” to divide Muslims?

Even in Saudi Arabia not everyone has Salafi mindset, and not every Salafi follow Hambali madhab. Salafi can be found in Shafai and Hambali madhab and they are all over the world.
it’s good to read the history to understand how these differences ideology/sect started, what were the circumstances, and why some reformist become extremist? Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab (r.a) was a reformist who wanted to bring Muslims back to real Islam. Historian has written that during that time some women who wanted a child….used to rub their private parts on the grave of saints and there were many practices which were against Islam at time of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab.
In recent days we can see Un-Islamic activities on the Mazhar of Saints in Pakistan and in India.
If you read the history of Muslims in British India, there was certain group which was against British occupation and they were certain group who was supporting British Indian government. Many fatwas were issues against those who were struggling against British occupation of India.

Last edited:
The cult created by this odious Abdul Wahab is why Muslims, and Arabs in particular, have fallen so far.

And why they are at war with each other.

By the 16th century, Arabs had no influence over Islam or control of its greatest sites.

They were jealous that Islam’s greatest sons were mostly non-Arabs and were being venerated by the Sufi movement.
They are a tribal society. What matters is loyalty to the ruling family leaders to whom they pledge absolute oath of loyalty, constantly offering extravagant praises. So, they preserve Saud heritage, old villages, houses and palaces. They don't care about Arab, Muslim, or the Prophet's heritage, they have destroyed the early heritage sites of Arab Muslims. Other than Maqam Ibrahim which goes back to the founding of Kaaba, I don't think there is a monument or building preserved in Makkah from the time of the Prophet and his companions. Maybe one or two, would like to know.

Last edited:
The founder of darul uloom Deoband Deoband, India, from which the name derives,[3][4][5] by Muhammad Qasim Nanautavi, Rashid Ahmad Gangohi, and several others,[4], they were disciples of great sufi saint haji Imdad ullah mohjir Mecci.

What can expect from people who don’t read their own history, Islamic history, sirah, Hayatul Sahabah and make stupid comments and argue on basis of what they heard from x, y, a person?

Sufism had many branches and Turks never worshiper graves. Even if you read their Tribal history, they make sure their children learn Quran and practice Islam. Even today you won’t find Desi style URS, Qawali and un Islamic actives on the Mazhar of Auliya Ikram in Turkey.

I blame Deobandi Ulemas for allowing RazaKhani firqa to brainwash people in Pakistan and not stopping the Bidat and Shirk practices. Had they got the evidence from the books written by British for all the favors Ahmed Raza Khan done for British Indian Government, wicked Sufism would have been destroyed from Pakistan.

Having respect for Auliya Ikram is one thing but worshiping their graves, doing Sajda to them and asking help from them is Shirk. And same people claim that Abdul Qadir Jilani (r.a), who follow hambali madhab, is more power than a prophet ISA (a.s) and more powerful than Allah Azawajal. When in trouble say “Ya Abdul Qadir Jilani” 13 times and trouble will be over. Balevis also believe that Shaitan is Muslim and he prays. If does pray, who does he pray to?

They have no respect for others, not even for Dr Israr and Dr Zakir Naik who had done so much for Islam. Thousands of people became Muslims due to the effort of Dr Zakir Naik.
They call themselves as “‘Aashiq e Rasool”, applying to themselves when expressing their love for the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam). Of course, the validity of a person’s claim is not the name they give themselves, but the actions they perform. No Salat, no fasting, not paying Zakat, no Iqlaq but they make Dua to die and buried in Medina.

The true witness to a person loving the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) is a person’s actions in implementing his Sunnah and abandoning all innovations (Bid’ah).

{Say, [O Muhammad], ‘If you should love Allaah, then follow me, then Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allaah is Forgiving and Merciful’} [03:31]

Unfortunately the state of some of the innocent Muslims has deteriorated to an extent whereby their scholars have convinced them that to be a true ‘Aashiq, their religion must be based upon Shirk, innovations, music and dancing.

Last edited:
They are a tribal society. What matters is loyalty to the ruling family leaders to whom they pledge absolute oath of loyalty, constantly offering extravagant praises. So, they preserve Saud heritage, old villages, houses and palaces. They don't care about Arab, Muslim, or the Prophet's heritage, they have destroyed the early heritage sites of Arab Muslims. Other than Maqam Ibrahim which goes back to the founding of Kaaba, I don't think there is a monument or building preserved in Makkah from the time of the Prophet and his companions. Maybe one or two, would like to know.

Are you done preaching Din i Ilahi on PDF?

Back
Top Bottom