What's new

Stop Hindi Programmes NDA Ally PMK Alleges 'Hindi Imposition' by Centre Through Radio

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
PMK, a partner of NDA from Tamil Nadu, today accused the Union government of trying to "impose Hindi" through local radio broadcast and asked the Centre to give up the proposed initiative.

"The Centre has planned to impose Hindi through local broadcast by regional radio stations in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the name of commercial broadcast," PMK founder leader Dr S Ramadoss, alleged, in a statement here.

Claiming that the duration of such broadcast in Hindi had been fixed for four hours a day, effective October 26, he said, local stations have been asked to re-broadcast Hindi content.

"Though All India Radio officials say that the move is to cut cost and increase revenue from advertisement, the true intention is to propagate Hindi in all the states," he said.

‘Stop Hindi Programmes on AIR’ -The New Indian Express

NDA Ally PMK Alleges 'Hindi Imposition' by Centre Through Radio

Ramdoss, he is the only politician from TN who made alliance with all the existing political parties. It's just frustration, he tried hard for a position in cabinet to his son anbumani, and he didn't even got a place in minster for states. The great thing about ramdoss is, his grand children are studying hindi since they are schooled in delhi, he will not oppose them but he will ask us not to study hindi.

Ramdoss, he is the only politician from TN who made alliance with all the existing political parties. It's just frustration, he tried hard for a position in cabinet to his son anbumani, and he didn't even got a place in minster for states. The great thing about ramdoss is, his grand children are studying hindi since they are schooled in delhi, he will not oppose them but he will ask us not to study hindi.

Karunanidhi and some of the other comments regarding Hindi coming from Tamil Nadu has been comical, absolutely laugh worthy.

since you brought this tid bit of information, that is even more comical. It's the exact same thing with Parochial politicans. Oppose modernisation, but then go onto send their children to English-Medium schools while exhorting their followers to fight the evil western influence.

What I am amazed is that Tamil Nadu is still one of the most industrialised states and has the third highest GDP in India. Despite having utter ignoramuses as politicians.

@Maravan this is not even imposition. You just turn off the Radio or tune into another station. Simples.

Karunanidhi and some of the other comments regarding Hindi coming from Tamil Nadu has been comical, absolutely laugh worthy.

since you brought this tid bit of information, that is even more comical. It's the exact same thing with Parochial politicans. Oppose modernisation, but then go onto send their children to English-Medium schools while exhorting their followers to fight the evil western influence.

What I am amazed is that Tamil Nadu is still one of the most industrialised states and has the third highest GDP in India. Despite having utter ignoramuses as politicians.

@Maravan this is not even imposition. You just turn off the Radio or tune into another station. Simples.
Those days of blind follwers are gone... Almost 100%of the children started schooling in tamil nadu, we have developed ourselves thru education. Once my grandfather supported DMK, then my father and other uncles supported DMK... but myself and my cousins won't give a damn to DMK, we are improved enough to understand the reality.

In the 1990s time this Ramdoss has the ability to get 20seats in solo at the assembly elections. Now,his party hardly wins a seat with alliance.. Even karuna knows the reality, thats why his party itself running english magazines...

hindi (result of slavery of north india to persian language) is an embarassment to this great nation

hindi (result of slavery of north india to persian language) is an embarassment to this great nation
Might be, then what about english?... but after 100s of years, there is no point in discussing that..
We need to move on... those who are showing themselves as flag bearers of tamil in TN are not even prefer tamil medium for their own children.

Last edited:
Might be... but after 100s of years, there is no point in discussing that..

hindi has zero appeal zero cutural or economic significance.. sooner it is realized by hindi speakers the better it is for their own good.. money for hindi promotion is same as wasting money on improving Rahul Gandhi image..

hindi has zero appeal zero cutural or economic significance.. sooner it is realized by hindi speakers the better it is for their own good.. money for hindi promotion is same as wasting money on improving Rahul Gandhi image..
What about English then? That too a form of slavery, isn't? Shall we go ahead with abolishment of english too?

Across india multiple cultures exist and we learn to live together. In the meantime its none of our business to point out whether they have culture or not. If you feel ours is better then so be it and follow... when we read some one in china speaks tamil,we feel that as a proud and we prize Chinese in social medias, isn't? Why we aren't ready to show such tolerance towards a hindi speaking guy like the chinese does?

We like veerma munivar, bcoz he came from europe and become a tamil poet. When the rest of the world studies our culture, we are happy.. but we don't like our guys to follow someone else's language or culture... I don't know when we are going to come out of this...

Even though I agree with you partially, there is no need to spend money to promote hindi. Interested guys can study any language.

Last edited:
What about English then? That too a form of slavery, isn't? Shall we go ahead with abolishment of english too?

Across india multiple cultures exist and we learn to live together. In the meantime its none of our business to point out whether they have culture or not. If you feel ours is better then so be it and follow... when we read some one in china speaks tamil,we feel that as a proud and we prize Chinese in social medias, isn't? Why we aren't ready to show such tolerance towards a hindi speaking guy like the chinese does?

We like veerma munivar, bcoz he came from europe and become a tamil poet. When the rest of the world studies our culture, we are happy.. but we don't like our guys to follow someone else's language or culture... I don't know when we are going to come out of this...

Even though I agree with you partially, there is no need to spend money to promote hindi. Interested guys can study any language.

I have no antogonism towards lesser non classical languages like urdu bangali etc..

My only concern is unnatural promotion of bimaru hindi alone in India while ignoring cultural heavy weights like tamil telugu etc
If all indian languages were accorded equal status, why would anyone be against hindi

I have no antogonism towards lesser non classical languages like urdu bangali etc..

My only concern is unnatural promotion of bimaru hindi alone in India while ignoring cultural heavy weights like tamil telugu etc
If all indian languages were accorded equal status, why would anyone be against hindi
Being practical, hindi is used by majority of the people in india. Now there is no point in concerning about whether hindi was intentionally promoted or not, but when majority of the population started using it we have no option other than showing tolerance... Even you know that, We dont need to take these few hour hindi programs very seriously. People in karnataka, andra speaks fluent hindi and kannada/telugu/malayalam etc etc but did they lost their kannada or telugu culture?no.... these programs are just like kerala announces holiday for pongal, by keeping the tamils living there in mind..

These are just political cheap shots. Who listens radio nowadays, that too centre's radio..even if someone they are listening to suriyan fm, radio mirchi,etc etc...

Being practical, hindi is used by majority of the people in india. Now there is no point in concerning about whether hindi was intentionally promoted or not, but when majority of the population started using it we have no option other than showing tolerance... Even you know that, We dont need to take these few hour hindi programs very seriously. People in karnataka, andra speaks fluent hindi and kannada/telugu/malayalam etc etc but did they lost their kannada or telugu culture?no.... these programs are just like kerala announces holiday for pongal, by keeping the tamils living there in mind..

These are just political cheap shots. Who listens radio nowadays, that too centre's radio..even if someone they are listening to suriyan fm, radio mirchi,etc etc...

sorry hindi is not spoken by majority... I work with telugu ppl.. there pass mark in hindi is 35 while it is 40 for rest.. they learn it due to govt order not out of interest

we are developed because we didnt waste our time with hindi

sorry hindi is not spoken by majority... I work with telugu ppl.. there pass mark in hindi is 35 while it is 40 for rest.. they learn it due to govt order not out of interest

we are developed because we didnt waste our time with hindi
But i bet you will hardly find a telugu guy who dont know hindi... in bangalore when I struggle with the local people they are asking, which language tell me.. when i say tamil, they are interacting fluently....

All I want is, we should also show such tolerance for others.

Hindi become identity of india some have... on a lighter note, one Pakistani Rawalpindi guy insulted me for not knowing hindi at bangkok airport:(

Last edited:
But i bet you will hardly find a telugu guy who dont know hindi... in bangalore when I struggle with the local people they are asking, which language tell me.. when i say tamil, they are interacting fluently....

why are you defending imposition of hindi?

Our constitution favours hindi over rest of indian languages.. it is injustice..

i will learn hindi fi i live in bimaru state, will learn kannada when i live in karanataka what is the need of hndi impostion when net migration is out of bimaru states

But i bet you will hardly find a telugu guy who dont know hindi...
Moreover languages like Malayalam,Telegu,Kannada has lot of Sanskrit borrowed words in it..So its bit easier for them to learn hindi or related languages...

Hindi become identity of india some have... on a lighter note, one Pakistani Rawalpindi guy insulted me for not knowing hindi at bangkok airport:(

you should have insulted him for speaking history less hindi/urdu nothing proud in speaking hindi

Back
Top Bottom