What's new

Stealthy JF-17 might have been under development in CAC

ozranger

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The photo was taken from a leaked, internal article praising CAC's effort on VR + CG animation projects for advertising products to concerning government officials, military officers, guests from inside and outside the aviation industry, etc. It showcases 3-D models of the nose and cockpit of the new JF-17, with visually obvious stealth features. Seems to me there should be such a product under development as the 3-D models were created for promotional purpose. Please don't bother questioning about the name of the plane as "枭龙" is clearly the reporting name of the JF-17 in Chinese.

131536iim89zbp7c37c8nz.jpg

Attachments

• 131536iim89zbp7c37c8nz.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Pakistan does have its own 5th Generation project atleast on blue prints so far.
Who knows it may be a Stealth Version based upon Jf17, or improved J31 or TFX clone.
Its better to wait instead of taking semi cooked stuff seriously. What ever it is, its atleast decade and half away and with time every thing will get clear.......

The photo was taken from a leaked, internal article praising CAC's effort on VR + CG animation projects for advertising products to concerning government officials, military officers, guests from inside and outside the aviation industry, etc. It showcases 3-D models of the nose and cockpit of the new JF-17, with visually obvious stealth features. Seems to me there should be such a product under development as the 3-D models were created for promotional purpose. Please don't bother questioning about the name as "枭龙" is clearly the reporting name of the JF-17 in Chinese.

Qoute link please, its looks like a old press clipping.

if ever.it will be a new plane cos we have taken out all the juice from this design

The photo was taken from a leaked, internal article praising CAC's effort on VR + CG animation projects for advertising products to concerning government officials, military officers, guests from inside and outside the aviation industry, etc. It showcases 3-D models of the nose and cockpit of the new JF-17, with visually obvious stealth features. Seems to me there should be such a product under development as the 3-D models were created for promotional purpose. Please don't bother questioning about the name as "枭龙" is clearly the reporting name of the JF-17 in Chinese.

These are not JF-17 NG concept rather it is a next generation cockpit concept CG. The NG cockpit models pics is in Zuhahi show thread. I dont know what makes you think NG cockpit concept somehow becomes JF-17 NG

Pakistan does have its own 5th Generation project atleast on blue prints so far.
Who knows it may be a Stealth Version based upon Jf17, or improved J31 or TFX clone.
Its better to wait instead of taking semi cooked stuff seriously. What ever it is, its atleast decade and half away and with time every thing will get clear.......
So we do have a possible plan to produce 5th Gen in future?

HELP NEEDED
Any Chinese brother would like to translate this news! it will be helpful to understand what this image is about.

I actually translated all the key points in the top post.

Any one who has red the high school physics can find out its biggest scum in military history to invent something that could not get detected by electric waves. Only objects smallar than to EM wve could be undetected, definately not a big aircraft.

The first thing to know about stealth is that it's a scam. It simply doesn't work." - creator of the F16 regarding stealth capability..

nj7396-137a-i1.0.jpg

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/military...th-technology-not-exist.444213/#ixzz4Pmx2dsxj

Nevertheless your radars would detect those planes in much closer distance and you can't react fast enough to protect yourself.

BTW stealth enemy planes might not be an extremely big problem to super powers or bigger developed countries as they have wide band AESA radars, passive radars, information fusion, etc., but they definitely make those normal air defense systems in most third world countries obsolete.

I do feel that somewhere down the line we will opt for a stealthier plane along side a proper stealth one. A 4.5 or may i say 4.5+ plane but that will come after we have accquired 5th gen. (this is all my personal thoughts and idea) However, my only objection is,,,,,, WHY THE HELL TRY AND CALL IT A JF17 BLK XYZ!!!!

That plane, THIS plane wont be JF17. The comments above by all you members say that air frame will be designed fron scratch. The avionics and radar of the current JF17 and even the speculated ones for Blk 3 are not 5th gen types. Same for engine. So with EVERYTJING new why call it JF17???

JF17 was a meant to be a cheap affordable and most importantly reliable home grown replacement of the mirages, A5, F7s. That is it. It wont become a stealth jet and when and if we start a 5th gen or 4.5 gen project call it JF17 will be idiotic!!!

I do feel that somewhere down the line we will opt for a stealthier plane along side a proper stealth one. A 4.5 or may i say 4.5+ plane but that will come after we have accquired 5th gen. (this is all my personal thoughts and idea) However, my only objection is,,,,,, WHY THE HELL TRY AND CALL IT A JF17 BLK XYZ!!!!

That plane, THIS plane wont be JF17. The comments above by all you members say that air frame will be designed fron scratch. The avionics and radar of the current JF17 and even the speculated ones for Blk 3 are not 5th gen types. Same for engine. So with EVERYTJING new why call it JF17???

JF17 was a meant to be a cheap affordable and most importantly reliable home grown replacement of the mirages, A5, F7s. That is it. It wont become a stealth jet and when and if we start a 5th gen or 4.5 gen project call it JF17 will be idiotic!!!

Dear Sir, initially the JF17 was just a better replacement for 3rd jen vintage jets but now there are news that JF17-block3 indeed has more composites/(possible more stealth), AESA and even IRST. One should expect Western EW suits, IRST and HOBS WVR, even new BVR is also not out of question. Certainly cost shall be higher however in capabilities it will become a challenge for any advanced fighter in network centric environment.
The crux is that role of JF17 is certainly shifting in near future.

Back
Top Bottom