What's new

Stealthy JF-17 might have been under development in CAC

The photo was taken from a leaked, internal article praising CAC's effort on VR + CG animation projects for advertising products to concerning government officials, military officers, guests from inside and outside the aviation industry, etc. It showcases 3-D models of the nose and cockpit of the new JF-17, with visually obvious stealth features. Seems to me there should be such a product under development as the 3-D models were created for promotional purpose. Please don't bother questioning about the name of the plane as "枭龙" is clearly the reporting name of the JF-17 in Chinese.

131536iim89zbp7c37c8nz.jpg

Sir, this isn't the JF-17 project. I wrote about this earlier today on a couple of places. This is the JF-18 project. Good going on such fast pace of work!

I'm telling you something like this will come out

hqdefault.jpg

What happens if this exact thing comes out :enjoy:

Well the Block 3 has created some really good hype. Lets see what's under development. I can't wait to see the Block 3.

We can expect certain stealth aspects to be incorporated into JF-17 builds, but it will never become a full fledged 5th gen fighter unless it hits the drawing board. It could however take the role of a semi-stealth platform and that should certainly be the aim. The JF-17 would have to undergo drastic airframe changes to accomodate 5th gen design aesthetics. Pakistan will have to either start a whole new design or buy off the shelf from China. The latter is most probable and the likely candidate would be J-31 in my opinion. Pakistan could also join the Turkish project or opt for both options simultaneously. It is good to know that there are a few options out there. I imagine that PAF requirements would dictate a 5th gen fighter along the same principles as the JF-17 project. Much collaboration and production in house. Would make a perfect transition considering all the hard work and learning achieved during the JF-17 project.

Last edited:
I'm telling you something like this will come out

hqdefault.jpg

Please notice that this is a fan boy CG only. IMHO the twin vertical stabilizers can cause quite a bit negative lift and I am not sure if it is appropriate to adopt this design on such a small plane.

I think at this stage, except for the nose and cockpit in the following photo, no one knows what its final shape will be yet.

G9UgHbZ.jpg

Sir, this isn't the JF-17 project. I wrote about this earlier today on a couple of places. This is the JF-18 project. Good going on such fast pace of work!

枭龙 is the name given to the JF-17.

Also just to clarify, according to Chinese sources this stealthified version is simply being investigated to possibly boost export demand, it was not requested by the PAF. According to a poster who had some interactions with PAF officers, the Pakistanis are very practical, and thus are focusing on much more practical matters like radar, propulsion, and possibly slightly enlarging the JF-17 if better propulsion comes along.

Last edited:
枭龙 is the name given to the JF-17.

Also just to clarify, according to Chinese sources this stealthified version is simply being investigated to possibly boost export demand, it was not requested by the PAF. According to a poster who had some interactions with PAF officers, the Pakistanis are very practical, and thus are focusing on much more practical matters like radar, propulsion, and possibly slightly enlarging the JF-17 if better propulsion comes along.
Much more sensible by trying to fix that which is good and working. A wise man once said" the enemy of good is better". Now we are always striving to do better but unfortunately thers is no mileage in making a stealth fighter the size of JFT which will not have enough internal space for a decent array of weapons. Hanging weapons on hardpoints is a sure shot way of gettting noticed. However let me not stop people from dreaming high and lofty dreams. CARRY ON DREAMING!!
A

Thats more plausible, aesa, more hard points, more powerful engine, irst, bottom clearance for large missiles and standoff weapons, etc will require structural changes which cannot be retrofitted on existing platform.

Please do not start the usual stealth conspiracy theory again.

As for this nose and external design, it was just a demonstration of imagination, nothing to do with reality.
Sir if the engine issue is resolved by China soon or Russia comes up with new good engine which is best suited for single engine stealth fighter jets than I think it can become reality

Back
Top Bottom