What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

3th ship is also will be modernized but they do not mention time table
it is understandable ....

It seems they will not opt for modernization to soon the A-90B was launched in 2006 while joined PN fleet in 2008 so it is relatively new submarine (just ~15 years old) as compare to her other two sister submarine so it does have couple of years left so there is probability that till the second submarine PNS Saad join the PN fleet after completion of all the test and trial Pakistan Navy might hold modernization of PNS Hamza (3rd Agosta submarine) till that time.

Thanks for sharing the video,Honestly never knew about the Karachi bombing part. Any idea who were responsible.Was By any chance my organization involved lmao.
In Any case Heck of a way to say Thank you to the people helping you to build your only submarines.
Shows how bad corruption is for any country. Pakistan's biggest issue is corruption. It eats it up form the inside.

how much life left in these 3 Agosta 90 for PN ?
About 20 odd years, they are going through MLU at about 20 years in service. A-70s are still around, but likely not much longer as newer incoming should be replacing them. You can base the lifetime in service off Daphine ( 40 odd years ) and now A-70s as at 40+ years.

A-90s are still very modern design and with the latest upgrade should stay relevant in the Pak-Indo zone for next couple of decades.

Until Chinese sub not operational in PN dependency on agusta will remain

these submarine after the most recent refit are good until well into 2030

by the time the last Hangor Class enters we maybe close to retiring the 1st Agosta Class

Kindly add to my information.
How many of Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine , do Pakistan/PN have today in service ?
Which of similar and better submarine do Pakistan have now and in future ,and how many in numbers ??

Kindly add to my information.
How many of Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine , do Pakistan/PN have today in service ?
Which of similar and better submarine do Pakistan have now and in future ,and how many in numbers ??
3 A90-Bs.
No other similar in service as of today.
8 Hangor ( spelling* ) when it comes into service perhaps be equal or surpass the ( recently upgraded A-90Bs, two so far. )

PS: Navies stay hush hush on the capabilities of their Silent Service, unless USN which wants you to know what the service can do however still without disclosing their full capabilities.

3 A90-Bs.
No other similar in service as of today.
8 Hangor ( spelling* ) when it comes into service perhaps be equal or surpass the ( recently upgraded A-90Bs, two so far. )

PS: Navies stay hush hush on the capabilities of their Silent Service, unless USN which wants you to know what the service can do however still without disclosing their full capabilities.
Hangor will be superior to the Agosta 90B class, even after their modernizations. Simply due to bigger size and a more modern design, however the 90Bs will remain very potent submarines for at least 2 more decades.

it is understandable ....

It seems they will not opt for modernization to soon the A-90B was launched in 2006 while joined PN fleet in 2008 so it is relatively new submarine (just ~15 years old) as compare to her other two sister submarine so it does have couple of years left so there is probability that till the second submarine PNS Saad join the PN fleet after completion of all the test and trial Pakistan Navy might hold modernization of PNS Hamza (3rd Agosta submarine) till that time.
I doubt PN can afford to moderinize more then 1 sub for operational purposes

They will only moderanize one at a time so i am pretty sure the third one will only be given to the docks once the fist two are fully functional

Man did they just evaporated Type 21 ?

yes...

I don't now what kind torpedo Pakistan navy use. The dimesion of the tube, what this means is if Pakistan would have the technology in the future could use his own weapons with help of Turkish campony.

Last edited:
yes...

I don't now what kind torpedo Pakistan navy use. The dimesion of the tube, what this means is if Pakistan would have the technology in the future could use his own weapons with help of Turkish campony.
The standard for heavy torpedo is 533mm whilst the lighter 324mm torpedo is typically used in MPA, helicopter or in frigates/corvettes

Back
Top Bottom