What's new

Sri Lanka warned against alienating India

WTF s all i can say.
I mean this guy could have been a little more subtle ,What wrong with this guy?
Well everyone knows if u support anti India(or against any country for that matter) Activities threatening India National security we are sure to retaliate.
But to go as far to say that getting close to China will make India retaliate the Biggest Pile of BS ive ever heard.

Keep your ties with China but at the level that it doesn't affect India adversely and were good like any two neighboring Nations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said the same yesterday here http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/110385-china-vows-stand-sri-lanka.html#post1784028
And today another thread pops up.

Honestly I would say, Lanka needs a small poking because of their chest thumping after a victory over the civil war where India helped it a lot.
Clearly these are the signs of forgetting the rules of engagement. This cozyness will not only piss the Gov , but the Indians themself too.

I would say,Srilanka being smart would act on behalf of the interest of the Region and its first respondents, especially its long time supporter.

Fully agree, that mean India directly intervening in Sri Lanka to stop the Sri Lanka military advance.

By supporting a terrorist group and threatening Sri Lanka.

Without the United Nations Security Council approval, one member state cannot intervene another member’s internal affair.

It will also directly impact India's bid for United Nations Security Council, as always you wised to become a member.

Do you think other country will vote for India, if India threatening a small country likes Sri Lanka?

Why are u going about this in Such fashion?

India was under the most volatile and short sighted leader we ever could get(Indra Gandhi).
After that Due to our reconciliation efforts Rajiv got killed.

India is past such petty tactics ....but be assured no matter how strong two countries bonds are;
if a country harbors elements that are harmful for its own sovereignty be assured that the other country will try to naturalize that element diplomatically or militarily if possible.

Lean how to play ur card right and keep ur friends appeased , subtlety is key(Just like India does).

And don't play a double game like Pakistan does or ur get scorched for it ...to remain credible and coherent is Paramount in this world.

Indians imo dont really care about the seat.
An um the Indian people actually asked the UN to not pressurize SL(on the behest of some SL diplomats) on human right violations( Later i think China did too).

Fully agree, that mean India directly intervening in Sri Lanka to stop the
Sri Lanka military advance.

Without the United Nations Security Council approval, one member state cannot intervene another member’s internal affair.

It will also directly impact India’s bid for United Nations Security Council, as always you wised to become a member.

Do you think other countries will vote for India, if India threatening a small country like Sri Lanka?
[/SIZE]

Member like you start to jump without information

India helped Srilanka against LTTE

India is an open aggressive and terrorist country..they are desperate to return to the status of mythical non-existent akhand bharat. India has a history of invasion however India ranks high on PDI scale which means their aggression is passive which is far more dangerous than active aggression. High PDI nations are highly suspected of back stab and exploiting trust.

good post.... but I doubt over your tag" Senior member" you seemed to have lost your brain especially when you see pakistan and terrorism are synonyms in the world so you got chance to use your empty brain & you could not refrain yourself....carry on sir.... your great anguishing thought wont change situation either way....

Terrorist country ??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

From a Pakistani :rofl::rofl:

Dear be serious yar he his very very non state actor in pakistan ........
n we know what non state are capable of........

The way India sees Sri Lanka's supposed 'tilt' toward China with anxiety is the same way Pakistan sees a post-USA tilt in Afghanistan toward India--with anxiety.

I think Pakistan should mind its own business and work fast toward a detente/peace with India over Kashmir. Not only there are great benefits for the whole of South Asia from that but also, unlike Sri Lanka, Pakistan's geopolitical position makes Pakistan a favored playground for so many internal and external factors.

Fully agree, that mean India directly intervening in Sri Lanka to stop the
Sri Lanka military advance.

It will also directly impact India’s bid for United Nations Security Council, as always you wised to become a member.

Do you think other countries will vote for India, if India threatening a small country like Sri Lanka?

We don't have to do anything US and EU willbe more then happy to make you crawl but its India that came in between. No...china can't do anything in that case btw chinese always sees their profit before moving their back.

Only India acts for friends.

Its only fair, I mean if tomorrow Mongolial allows India to make an air base in their country, it would piss China off, and they would do whatever they can to destabilize Mongolia.

LOL! Now dont you ever dare cry when claiming ISI's involvement inside India.... :P

Mr. Gunaratna, who heads the university's International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research said.

Earlier Sri Lanka’s friendship with United States & also our ties with Israel angered India.

That was a time when Sri Lankan political leaders were "very Western oriented" with the island being the first to adopt free market economic policies in the South Asian region, Gunaratna said.

But now India’s friendship with United States & also ties with Israel became important.

Sri Lanka did the same thing before 30 years and then India got angered.

Now India also invests in Sri Lanka, I don’t think India will destroy its own investment.

BTW, I am surprised to see that not only Pakistanis, but also Chinese, Bangladeshis, and now Sri Lankans on this forum so anti-India. May be, as some Indian said here, they are 'playing to the audience' here? But still..

BTW, I am surprised to see that not only Pakistanis, but also Chinese, Bangladeshis, and now Sri Lankans on this forum so anti-India. May be, as some Indian said here, they are 'playing to the audience' here? But still..

we are ready for multiple fronts....:sniper:
:D:D

Back
Top Bottom