What's new

Solo Turk to buzz Islamabad

the JF-17 has improved alot in last 2 years, couple of year back 2015 airshow the jf-17 was taking alot of time to turn it had to cross 3-4 sectors to turn back to f-9 park :P

and today it just turned within boundry wall of f-16 which is marvellous.

Pakistan - Air Force
AgustaWestland AW-139

Islamabad
Pakistan - August 9, 2017

4509063.jpg

Pakistan - Air Force
Pakistan JF-17 Thunder

Islamabad
Pakistan - August 9, 2017

4508319.jpg

Saudi Arabia - Air Force
British Aerospace Hawk 65A

Islamabad
Pakistan - August 10, 2017

4509057.jpg

They're performing in a duo, which is new..

Apparently both pilots were rehearsing as one of them to perform on D Day. Normal ritual same as v have for JF17 & F16 on 23rd March Solos. Both rehearse one after another until b4 Full Dress & on Full Dress & 23rd both groups come up to near Koral Chowk , circle & then one finally moves to arena.

Damn
JF17 is performing dangerously low it came down to 4 or 5 story building hight.... it came from the back over my car it's sound literally gave me a mini heart attack...
JF you beauty

Confidence in the machine gaining momentum! Low level flight, precise maneuverability, smoke emission & control ! All aspects earned word of applause. Pilots matter a lot too. It's really the Man behind the Machine fact. Sq. Ldr. Mehmood flew delta on Def. Day on Chaklala with superb control & superb tight & accurate hard turns on delta, in 1990. Sq. Ldr Rizwan did classics with Viper in early 90s on Chaklala. Same is witnessed now with F16 Solos by Mr. Raja on 23rd March whose flying precision , control, positioning can be distinguished even from ground especially his use of airbrakes before final alignment for MUSCLE CLIMB

Last edited:
Anyone with Solo-Turk Picture or Video ??? Please . . . . .
I captured a few photos when they were on their way back. You can see F-16s but not Solo-Turks in those photos :P They were too high to be properly captured.

The 2 marker Hawks kept turning and flying from towards mountains yesterday. They must have planned this approach as the best.

Heard they will be performing at Karachi this 14th.

I think they 2x formation Solo-Turk were marking waypoints like the Saudis yesterday. They kept flying and circling over and around adjacent Sectors as they performed a few runs over the Park.

Red Arrows too followed almost same route in 97

Oh those were crackers fired by PAF personel and I wondered what was wrong with people firing crackers into a blue sky. My friend who lives in F-11 told me he too saw crackers being fired. I think they're making sure the whole route stays bird free as they're making entries from F-11 side.

Bird Control needs to be more efficient. Today Saudi Hawks performance was apparently disturbed by Big Birds. One must remember in 97 one Red Arrow had Bird Hit in F9

Confidence in the machine gaining momentum! Low level flight, precise maneuverability, smoke emission & control ! All aspects earned word of applause. Pilots matter a lot too. It's really the Man behind the Machine fact. Sq. Ldr. Mehmood flew delta on Def. Day on Chaklala with superb control & superb tight & accurate hard turns on delta, in 1990. Sq. Ldr Rizwan did classics with Viper in early 90s on Chaklala. Same is witnessed now with F16 Solos by Mr. Raja on 23rd March whose flying precision , control, positioning can be distinguished even from ground especially his use of airbrakes before final alignment for MUSCLE CLIMB
Word.
Sir is he the same pilot as every year who flew over f9 or someone else? He is really pushing jf to it's limits, i have witnessed jf climb rate is non less than a f16, it just kept climbing vertically unrestrictedly.

Anyone with Solo-Turk Picture or Video ??? Please . . . . .
I have a video but you won't be amazed to see it, as i don't have a professional camera, i have captured it with my cell it looks like a blurry bird is flying far away in a smokey sky.lol

Back
Top Bottom