What's new

Solo Turk to buzz Islamabad

True. May be it has something to do with the current weather. Let's see what time is set for the 14th.

Low level passes by JF were great today. The ground staff actually shot off crackers around the park to ward off flying birds from the area and then the SAR heli did it's manoeuvres before JF-17 arrived.

View attachment 417407

View attachment 417425

@Windjammer can you please confirm the lower altitude manoeuvres are part of performance or pilots discretion. I am not sure it was something new as I have seen such a low pass once before at F9 but today at least twice it flew really low before pulling up for a half loop and figure eight.

@SherDil @Game.Invade @Burhan Wani @Knuckles No Sher Dils performance as yet?
@Hashsohail
Some more pics here...
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/14th-august-f9-park-air-show-rehearsals.511601/
Oh those were crackers fired by PAF personel and I wondered what was wrong with people firing crackers into a blue sky. My friend who lives in F-11 told me he too saw crackers being fired. I think they're making sure the whole route stays bird free as they're making entries from F-11 side.

The most amazing bit being surrounded by trees at Fatima Jinnah Park is entry of the jets and the engine roar. Really enjoyed it two years ago too and Solo-Turk is bound to make this time extra special along with the Saudi Hawks.

Today, JF17 was quick, it was low and it emerged preceding even the roar of its engines, not from Main F10 Gate direction but banking right from the corner of the park opposite E9 and took everyone by complete surprise by its sudden appearance due low level flight and sound muffled by trees.

You don't hear anything but the noise of the cars on the main roads around the park, then the engine roar jolts you completely. No wonder I felt like a teenager again.

I mean if you are around built up areas, or observing from a little far distance from ground zero then it is easier to hear the jet engine's roar but in a park, surrounded by trees and a cheering, patriotic crowd, it really takes you to another level of experience.

Thank you PAF. They could have held this elsewhere but they know how to make an event special.

I think F9 Park is the best venue for an air show. My advice to everyone is come and enjoy the most exhilarating experience without a doubt.

Last edited:
A PAF F-16 Pulls up over Islamabad during rehearsals.

20645571_1735385356491476_7024605044717936369_o.jpg

JF-17 Powers through over F-9 Park.

20690126_1365585420215415_5091648810045673287_o.jpg

Today Rehearsals started at 1300 PST, Bird shooters from CAA BIRD CONTROL had started to clear the relevant low flying airspace much earlier but intensely by 1215. The display chopper had aborted the approach just b4 F10 apartments apparently due to too many big birds presence in the area & after intense fireworks to clear airspace , did come again.

Witnessed the rehearsal today (Thursday) live.. it was simple awesome... start was from the Awesome pull up by the Deltas and dispensing flares and right after them air surveillance jet came... after that 2 saudi hawks came and stunt the park... trust me they were really awesome... after that few hellis came and did their part including the para troopers. and at the last JF-17 Thunder came and it was flying at the altitude of 300 meters above the ground... did some awesome maneuvers as well... Rehearsal time is 1 pm sharp....

Witnessed the rehearsal today (Thursday) live.. it was simple awesome... start was from the Awesome pull up by the Deltas and dispensing flares and right after them air surveillance jet came... after that 2 saudi hawks came and stunt the park... trust me they were really awesome... after that few hellis came and did their part including the para troopers. and at the last JF-17 Thunder came and it was flying at the altitude of 300 meters above the ground... did some awesome maneuvers as well... Rehearsal time is 1 pm sharp....
The Saudi Hawks were setting up their checkpoints...

img_8354-png.417564
Salam,

Guys saudi hawks performing at 1320 hrs tomorrow sharp.
They just posted this on their insta.

Attachments

• IMG_8354.PNG
    IMG_8354.PNG
    363.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom