What's new

Slumdog Millionaire wins 8 Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad, and i did post up that i havent seen the film, but i made a valid point, the safety was an issue.

The film was filmed in mumbai not pune...

Are you sure? It was Mumbai and not Pune ?

my bad, and i did post up that i havent seen the film, but i made a valid point, the safety was an issue.

It was filmed in mumbai more than in pune.
u mean to say India is safer than Pakistan? I thought the probs were only in FATA!!

Because the Indian slums are way worse then their pakistani counterparts, see Mumbai has a problem of space(area). Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad dont, so our slums are different. They just don't give you the feel that the initial shot gives when the policemen was chasing the kids. The feel of "how could people live in such a contracted space".
I ask u about Mighty heart, u tell me Slumdog! Now do I have to ask you to Read carefully what I wrote before u comment? Or did u think Mighty heart was the Nickname of Slumdog Millionair?

Because the Indian slums are way worse then their pakistani counterparts, see Mumbai has a problem of space(area). Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad dont, so our slums are different. They just don't give you the feel that the initial shot gives when the policemen was chasing the kids. The feel of "how could people live in such a contracted space".

You mean to say mighty heart was movie based on slum? What the...?

it was mostly in mumbai, rest was in pune

Don't feed the trolls man. This thread has turned into a breeding ground for them now. All the points have been made already. Now the trolls are here to talk about useless things regarding "Other" movies, their equipments, locations etc. :woot:

Congratulations to the 'Slumdog Millionare' team. True to its name, the film was an underdog and sweeped the Oscars. I think stars and lady luck smiled on this movie, it was picked from a heap of direct-to-DVD movies by Fox Searchlight and decided to release limitedly in US and the rest is, as people say, history...

Kudos to the team.

Don't feed the trolls man. This thread has turned into a breeding ground for them now. All the points have been made already. Now the trolls are here to talk about useless things regarding "Other" movies, their equipments, locations etc. :woot:

Dont so openly blame your fellow country men like this.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

Let's break it down ONE Last time.

My post said ... "As it turns out, Poverty sells, and India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now! "

The poverty sells part. Do a little bit of research. A LOT of negative reviews started coming out of India regarding SM saying that it's a "Poverty ****" and that "Poverty Sells" and that's the REAL reason for the success of SM.
Once again, I'M NOT saying that, Indian bloggers, Indian Members of IMDB, and The India media are saying that. Do you understand the Pun NOW?

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word pun. Perhaps you should pay a visit to Dictionary.com.

But no, I don't understand. because your original post doesn't back up your claim that you were quoting Indian bloggers and Indian media.
You simply made up the excuse later.

Now, the part "And India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now". I explained that in the post I linked you with .. But anyway, for the sake of argument, Here it is again.
"As it turns out, India's the best Manufacturer for that in the world right now" which basically means my silly friends, that the spotlight is on INDIA right now. Where exactly did I deny the poverty problems found in the rest of the world? Seriously, get some education."

Hope this helps.

No, it doesn't. It means that India is the biggest manufacture of "that", which, accoriding to your post refers to the word "poverty".

I'm actually laughing at your juvenile attempt to change the meaning of your post.

If you wanted to say that the spotlight was on India, why didn't you just say so? Why write a sentence which would be obviously interpreted in a completely different manner, and infact is impossible for it to be interpreted in the manner that you are suggesting?

people have again killed the thread. not debating but fightign each other. What the hell has the safety of pakistan or mighty heart got to do with slumdog.
Additional Details
MPAA:
Rated R for some violence, disturbing images and language.
Parents Guide:
View content advisory for parents
Runtime:
120 min
UK

Language:
English | Hindi
Color:
Color
Aspect Ratio:
2.35 : 1 more
Sound Mix:
DTS | SDDS | Dolby Digital
Certification:
USA:R (certificate #44838) | UK:15 | Ireland:15A | Australia:MA | Switzerland:12 (canton of Vaud) | Switzerland:12 (canton of Geneva) | Czech Republic:15 | New Zealand:R13 | Canada:14A (Alberta/British Columbia/Manitoba/Nova Scotia/Ontario) | Norway:11 | India:A (cinema release) | Finland:K-15 | Hong Kong:IIB | Singapore:NC-16 | Portugal:M/12 (Qualidade) | Netherlands:12 | South Africa:13V
Filming Locations:
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India more
Company:
Celador Films more
Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan,[2] and written by Simon Beaufoy.:tsk:

Last edited:
people have again killed the thread. not debating but fightign each other. What the hell has the safety of pakistan or mighty heart got to do with slumdog.
Additional Details
MPAA:
Rated R for some violence, disturbing images and language.
Parents Guide:
View content advisory for parents
Runtime:
120 min
UK

Language:
English | Hindi
Color:
Color
Aspect Ratio:
2.35 : 1 more
Sound Mix:
DTS | SDDS | Dolby Digital
Certification:
USA:R (certificate #44838) | UK:15 | Ireland:15A | Australia:MA | Switzerland:12 (canton of Vaud) | Switzerland:12 (canton of Geneva) | Czech Republic:15 | New Zealand:R13 | Canada:14A (Alberta/British Columbia/Manitoba/Nova Scotia/Ontario) | Norway:11 | India:A (cinema release) | Finland:K-15 | Hong Kong:IIB | Singapore:NC-16 | Portugal:M/12 (Qualidade) | Netherlands:12 | South Africa:13V
Filming Locations:
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India more
Company:
Celador Films more
Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan,[2] and written by Simon Beaufoy.:tsk:
A film directed by a British Director, and Produced by Fox, what did you Expect? UGANDA??? My God, we have been saying let the movies be made in any damn where, we Care for the Indians who got 4 Oscars!

^^
Then why the heck are u debation that its an indian film, sad u guys have been debating that the movie is indian all that time, wasting your time and others..

baijaan, you know just because of FOX, it doesnt mean its british, like say disney had produced CHNADNI CHOWK to china,
but the thing is - glorification of whats not there.Switch on television and you get o know what i am talkign about , these people think its indian movie.Yes the music was indian and some actors as well. but that doesnt take away the fact that - Indian actor didnt win a single oscar here, well we all knew AR RAHMAN , he dont need a bloody oscar to prove his worth nor does gulzar sahib , And as for mr kutti indian technician are always good to have in yoru team they are hard working.
But still its not our movie go and tel lthis to these tv wala people.

^^
Then why the heck are u debation that its an indian film, sad u guys have been debating that the movie is indian all that time, wasting your time and others..
man you guys make me laugh! You dont know **** about movies and come in talking about it! I have said time and time again that this movie is not entirely Indian! Even when Darkstar said "with a little help from a firangi" I corrected him saying it was possible because of a Firangi. Please, if you cant win an argument, leave it at that, dont Humiliate yourself my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom