What's new

Slumdog Millionaire wins 8 Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your bullshit elsewhere. Thanks.

Are you one of those people who're hiding in that hole?

That's pretty much what every post of yours sounds like. Now I'm not saying this, there's tons of material out there for you to research which leads to the conclusion that Indian trolls have bitched and whined about SM on basically every forum there is. I suppose someone decided to stop buying the "Colourful" and "Happy" B.S that bollywood produces and came out with something a little too real for all you folks to handle?

Suck it up. Or better yet, do some research.

Oscar Winners

Slumdog Millionaire capped its winning season at this year's Academy Awards by taking home eight Oscars, including Best Picture and Director.

The Mumbai-set tale of a young man whose destiny leads him to love and fortune via a TV game show was once considered the underdog of the awards season. It was without a distributor before it was picked up by Fox Searchlight and put on the path to the Oscars, where it scooped up honors from the Golden Globes, the SAGs, the BAFTAs and various guilds before coming to the Academy Awards. In addition to the top two awards, Slumdog also took home honors for Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Sound, Score, and Song ("Jai Ho").

In the lead acting categories, Best Actress Kate Winslet finally took home an Oscar after six nominations for Holocaust drama The Reader, while Sean Penn picked up his second award for Best Actor for Milk; the Harvey Milk biopic also won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. The late Heath Ledger was the expected winner of Best Supporting Actor for The Dark Knight, with the award accepted on his behalf by his father, mother and sister, while Penelope Cruz was named Best Supporting Actress for the Woody Allen comedy Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Japan's Departures was the surprise winner of the Best Foreign Language Oscar, with Man on Wire nabbing the Best Documentary Feature award and Wall-E the recipient of Best Animated Feature.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which going into Oscar night was the leader in overall nominations with 13, had to content itself with three technical awards, for Art Direction, Make-Up, and Visual Effects. The Dark Knight scooped up sound editing, while period drama The Duchess sashayed off with Best Costume Design. In the short film categories, Smile Pinki won Best Documentary Short Subject, La Maison En Petits Cubes took home Best Animated Short Film, and Spielzeugland was named Best Live Action Short Film.

Hosted by Hugh Jackman, who performed an opening song and dance with assistance from Anne Hathaway and then proclaimed, "The musical is back!" alongside Beyonce Knowles, the 81st Annual Academy Awards show clocked in at a little over three hours, and the highly-touted revamped broadcast moved the proceedings along glamorously if not as quickly as anticipated. Presenters, who in a break with tradition were not announced before the broadcast, included numerous past Oscar winners, who were enlisted to present the current acting awards. Appearing onstage were such stars as Sophia Loren, Robert De Niro, Ben Kingsley, Eva Marie Saint, Michael Douglas, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, and more. Steven Spielberg presented the final award of the evening, Best Picture.

As it turns out, Poverty sells, and India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now! I feel sad for all the Indian Internet-Trolls who've been trying to badmouth this Movie JUST because it shows the real side of India. Lol, they all must be hiding in some hole right now. :lol:

edit:::::::

Last edited:
As it turns out, Poverty sells, and India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now! I feel sad for all the Indian Internet-Trolls who've been trying to badmouth this Movie JUST because it shows the real side of India. Lol, they all must be hiding in some hole right now.

Watta Creep !!

If India 'manufactures" poverty as u say, India is not ashamed of admitting it , showing it & accepting errors made / being made.

This is much more than what can be said of " one " of its neighbour who is getting devoured by the poision it makes yet cannot admit it.

No more or else this thread will get de railed.

Oscar Winners

Slumdog Millionaire capped its winning season at this year's Academy Awards by taking home eight Oscars, including Best Picture and Director.

The Mumbai-set tale of a young man whose destiny leads him to love and fortune via a TV game show was once considered the underdog of the awards season. It was without a distributor before it was picked up by Fox Searchlight and put on the path to the Oscars, where it scooped up honors from the Golden Globes, the SAGs, the BAFTAs and various guilds before coming to the Academy Awards. In addition to the top two awards, Slumdog also took home honors for Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Sound, Score, and Song ("Jai Ho").

In the lead acting categories, Best Actress Kate Winslet finally took home an Oscar after six nominations for Holocaust drama The Reader, while Sean Penn picked up his second award for Best Actor for Milk; the Harvey Milk biopic also won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. The late Heath Ledger was the expected winner of Best Supporting Actor for The Dark Knight, with the award accepted on his behalf by his father, mother and sister, while Penelope Cruz was named Best Supporting Actress for the Woody Allen comedy Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Japan's Departures was the surprise winner of the Best Foreign Language Oscar, with Man on Wire nabbing the Best Documentary Feature award and Wall-E the recipient of Best Animated Feature.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which going into Oscar night was the leader in overall nominations with 13, had to content itself with three technical awards, for Art Direction, Make-Up, and Visual Effects. The Dark Knight scooped up sound editing, while period drama The Duchess sashayed off with Best Costume Design. In the short film categories, Smile Pinki won Best Documentary Short Subject, La Maison En Petits Cubes took home Best Animated Short Film, and Spielzeugland was named Best Live Action Short Film.

Hosted by Hugh Jackman, who performed an opening song and dance with assistance from Anne Hathaway and then proclaimed, "The musical is back!" alongside Beyonce Knowles, the 81st Annual Academy Awards show clocked in at a little over three hours, and the highly-touted revamped broadcast moved the proceedings along glamorously if not as quickly as anticipated. Presenters, who in a break with tradition were not announced before the broadcast, included numerous past Oscar winners, who were enlisted to present the current acting awards. Appearing onstage were such stars as Sophia Loren, Robert De Niro, Ben Kingsley, Eva Marie Saint, Michael Douglas, Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, and more. Steven Spielberg presented the final award of the evening, Best Picture.

As it turns out, Poverty sells, and India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now! I feel sad for all the Indian Internet-Trolls who've been trying to badmouth this Movie JUST because it shows the real side of India. Lol, they all must be hiding in some hole right now. :lol:

First of all i would like to congratulate cast & crew for winnig 8 oscars...way to guys.

Coming to silly jibe of bezerk,the name of the movie is 'Slumdog Millionaire' not 'indian Slumdog Millionaire'.Yaa, ofcourse characters of the movie are indian,but Slumdogs are found every nook and corner of the world.This movie isnt about just poverty,but about hope for every body living in dire situations.

And Mr bezerk dont make fun of poverty in india when ur country pakistan has got its own fair share of ppl living abject poverty .

As it turns out, Poverty sells, and India's the best manufacturer for that in the world right now! I feel sad for all the Indian Internet-Trolls who've been trying to badmouth this Movie JUST because it shows the real side of India. Lol, they all must be hiding in some hole right now.

Watta Creep !!

If India 'manufactures" poverty as u say, India is not ashamed of admitting it , showing it & accepting errors made / being made.

This is much more than what can be said of " one " of its neighbour who is getting devoured by the poision it makes yet cannot admit it.

No more or else this thread will get de reailed.

I'm merely stating the obvious. If you're as active as me on IMDB (Home to everything about Movies) you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

And by the way, for the Indian members with a "Weak" sense of humour, my first message has certain puns attached with reality, which should be taken in their proper context. Although, I won't hold my breath on that. Keep it up!

And Mr bezerk dont make fun of poverty in india when ur country pakistan has got its own fair share of ppl living abject poverty .

Read what I wrote in the first post. "As it turns out, India's the best Manufacturer for that in the world right now" which basically means my silly friends, that the spotlight is on INDIA right now. Where exactly did I deny the poverty problems found in the rest of the world? Seriously, get some education.

I'm merely stating the obvious. If you're as active as me on IMDB (Home to everything about Movies) you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

And by the way, for the Indian members with a "Weak" sense of humour, my first message has certain puns attached with reality, which should be taken in their proper context. Although, I won't hold my breath on that. Keep it up!

In an Indo Pak context, unfortunately there is little room for humour.. we have become so rigid that there is virtually no room for flexibility of any kind.

If poverty is what he wanted to show it was better danny boyle could have taken his camera to somalia..!!!!
Dude the movie is awarded the Oscars not for its poverty but for its spirit..!!! Ok.. and that spirit is the spirit of every indian..!!!!

The real india have poverty, richness, powerful economy, diverse cultures, religions and respectful place in the world map. Your one dimensional definition of the real side of india lacks or shows your lack of knowledge about india my dear...!!! Jai ho.!!!!:D

Slumdog is not about Poverty in India my friends, Its about the triumph of HOPE, of FAITH of PERSEVERANCE!!! If you take this as an opprtunity to badmouth India and the Indians who won the Oscar, Then its a clear case of "The Grapes are certainly Sore".

Dont be just Active in IMDB, anyone can do it, Make a MOVIE, Write a MOVIE, HELL See a Movie for what it is, Not What You want it to BE! See what it takes, WIN AN OSCAR, See What it Takes! Not just shoot your mouth of because you Hate INDIA!

In an Indo Pak context, unfortunately there is little room for humour.. we have become so rigid that there is virtually no room for flexibility of any kind.

I'm sure you're summing it all up by YOUR standards and definition. My point was regarding the trolls who're bad mouthing a Movie JUST because it shows some negative aspects of their country. Almost ALL the "Indian" folks who're discussing this Movie on the Internet, seem to forget the fact that it'll bring about some "Attention" to these slums and would in the end, would work out for THEIR benefit. It's this pathetic thinking that pushes me to make puns about a society who're too worked up about masking their problems instead of criticizing the system that keeps a blind eye towards the issue.

Bezerk, now don't back off. Comeon. Just type your heart out.

I'm here for some time. You might want to get an education in the time being so that you can better "Comprehend" my original intention. Try reading between the lines. But surely, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. ;)

These people trying to hide from reality too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom